Jump to topic:

Girl Trolled To Death

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 9:53:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And we all know it was izbo10 who did it.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 9:55:22 PM
At 8/22/2011 9:53:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

LMAO.
Izbo10 wouldn't bother to troll a seventeen year old girl, unless if she was Christian or living in a family of pastors...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:10:31 PM
Some creatures are not fit to be called human beings. A troll is an animal.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:55:11 PM
Years from now the goverment will regulate the internet and schools all over will teach how bad the dangers of unregulated the internet was back then and use stories like this to demonstrate the evulz of the internet.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Steve0Yea
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:59:47 PM
At 8/22/2011 9:55:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

LMAO.
Izbo10 wouldn't bother to troll a seventeen year old girl, unless if she was Christian or living in a family of pastors...

I donno man he seems to like to discuss child rape a lot... Maybe their online relationship just went bad and he decided he would troll her to death. He has almost trolled me to death a few times... luckily every time i was on the brink of brain explosion i remembered that i get laid (in person and by consenting legal adults) and he doesn't, which stopped the brain explosion and made me giggle.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:43:53 PM
At 8/22/2011 10:59:47 PM, Steve0Yea wrote:
At 8/22/2011 9:55:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

LMAO.

I donno man he seems to like to discuss child rape a lot... Maybe their online relationship just went bad and he decided he would troll her to death. He has almost trolled me to death a few times... luckily every time i was on the brink of brain explosion i remembered that i get laid (in person and by consenting legal adults) and he doesn't, which stopped the brain explosion and made me giggle.

He must have noticed how beautiful (and hot) the girl was and started trolling on her...after their 'online relationship just went bad'..
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:48:34 AM

according to the family she had all sorts of issues aside from the trolling and that had nothing to do with it. people just need something concrete to blame in the face of tragedy.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:35:15 AM
At 8/22/2011 9:48:01 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com...

"'Lexi was in a lot of pain'
Pilkington received harassing Internet messages even before she killed herself last Sunday. Her parents and other relatives insist she had been troubled for some time. They don't believe the messages were a major factor in her death.
"It had nothing to do with that," said Musemeci. "Lexi was in a lot of pain. She was hurting.""
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 9:17:10 AM
The article says that she had recieved trolling comments "even" before she died. So basically, a girl has some problems, commits suicide, some people see she's getting cracked on afterwards, and start a sh*tstorm for no good reason about the website they saw it on. These people have no good argument for anything they are doing. People who commit suicide are not victims, they are perpetrators of their own death.
Rob
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 2:33:33 PM
At 8/23/2011 9:17:10 AM, Lasagna wrote:
The article says that she had recieved trolling comments "even" before she died. So basically, a girl has some problems, commits suicide, some people see she's getting cracked on afterwards, and start a sh*tstorm for no good reason about the website they saw it on. These people have no good argument for anything they are doing. People who commit suicide are not victims, they are perpetrators of their own death.

And issue that I actually agree with you on with! What has the world come to?
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 2:37:07 PM
At 8/23/2011 2:33:33 PM, darkkermit wrote:

You're both allowing your judgement to be clouded. Regardless if she killed herself or not, or what her reason was. Her family was a victim of internet bullying. That doesn't mean that her death or anything is placed on the bullys' head anymore than if she was still alive. But to write it off because she came to the illogical decision to kill herself isn't logical either.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 7:52:08 PM
At 8/23/2011 2:37:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You're both allowing your judgement to be clouded. Regardless if she killed herself or not, or what her reason was. Her family was a victim of internet bullying. That doesn't mean that her death or anything is placed on the bullys' head anymore than if she was still alive. But to write it off because she came to the illogical decision to kill herself isn't logical either.

It was some obscure web site who gives a sh*t. Don't sign on=>don't get bullied.
Rob
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 6:40:57 AM
At 8/22/2011 10:53:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:

What a surprise, the media only cares if a girl commits suicide if she is hot.:

This
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 6:43:08 AM
At 8/23/2011 12:48:34 AM, belle wrote:

according to the family she had all sorts of issues aside from the trolling and that had nothing to do with it. people just need something concrete to blame in the face of tragedy.:

I'm sure clinical depression played a very large role in it. I hardly see how anyone can blame "trolls" for causing someone's death.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:40:17 AM

Well we both agree that its not really the bullies fault. He/She has a right to freedom of speech. With that said, her suicide might be sad for her family and friends, but for the rest of the world, nobody should give a damn. People commit suicide all the time. As I said earlier, this story would get know attention If she weren't a middle class hot girl.

What pisses me off is that every time a story like this occurs, it change the public's attitude about the internet, and we get closer and closer to internet regulations. It's not the internet's fault people commit suicide.
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 11:00:18 AM
At 8/24/2011 9:40:17 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Well we both agree that its not really the bullies fault. He/She has a right to freedom of speech. With that said, her suicide might be sad for her family and friends, but for the rest of the world, nobody should give a damn. People commit suicide all the time. As I said earlier, this story would get know attention If she weren't a middle class hot girl.

You're right, people shouldn't care. They shouldn't care enough to even bother going on to websites and ripping on her. Once they decide that they are going to actively set out and do psychological harm, they can no longer make the argument that they don't care. If they didn't care, they wouldn't say nothing and just go about their lives.

What pisses me off is that every time a story like this occurs, it change the public's attitude about the internet, and we get closer and closer to internet regulations. It's not the internet's fault people commit suicide.

I think stories like the 50 year old man that was found outside an elementary school, naked, in a sleeping bag with meth and a 15 year old boy that he met on the internet do far more harm to the internet's reputation. There was a mother on the radio that said "this is the reason I don't let my children on the internet at all."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 11:05:46 AM
baaaaaaaaaaaaw

No sympathy.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:00:53 PM
Conclusion: Internet horror stories are a combination of stupid morons and.... actually, being a moron alone could get you raped or killed when it comes to the internet.

"HAI EVERABODY ON 4CHAN HERE IZ MA PICS AND MY ADDRESS!"
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 3:57:26 PM
At 8/22/2011 10:55:11 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Years from now the goverment will regulate the internet and schools all over will teach how bad the dangers of unregulated the internet was back then and use stories like this to demonstrate the evulz of the internet.

I agree with this. We live in an technological free zone right now. This will change in the future and some of us will be telling our grandchildren how free it used be back in our day. It's the same kind of thing I hear from current grandparents about the real world. Cyber world will reflect this.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 6:47:04 PM
At 8/26/2011 3:57:26 PM, Lionheart wrote:
At 8/22/2011 10:55:11 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I agree with this. We live in an technological free zone right now. This will change in the future and some of us will be telling our grandchildren how free it used be back in our day. It's the same kind of thing I hear from current grandparents about the real world. Cyber world will reflect this.

Yeah we do have a lot less freedom nowadays..
Rob
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 6:54:12 PM
At 8/24/2011 9:00:53 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Conclusion: Internet horror stories are a combination of stupid morons and.... actually, being a moron alone could get you raped or killed when it comes to the internet.

"HAI EVERABODY ON 4CHAN HERE IZ MA PICS AND MY ADDRESS!"

I can see it now:

O, hay loke; /b/. it sowndz liek fun. ohai guise, wassup? ehnee othur gurlz in he-

wat?! t*tz or gtfo! ur all meenees!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
VainApocalypse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 9:31:44 PM

I think the phrase "trolled to death" isn't being truthful to the situation. The harassment did not kill her. Trolling has never killed anyone. She killed herself and was solely responsible.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 9:33:57 PM
At 8/26/2011 9:31:44 PM, VainApocalypse wrote:
Trolling has never killed anyone.

You'll change your tune after you're on here for a couple months
Rob
VainApocalypse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:54:44 PM
At 8/26/2011 9:33:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:

No.
VainApocalypse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:55:56 PM
At 8/26/2011 9:33:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:

For that matter, I've been here for two years.