Jump to topic:

US Ignorance on 9/11

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 2:58:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"Arizona Senator John McCain is the latest high-profile politician to repeat the diehard American falsehood that the Sept. 11, 2001, attackers entered the United States through Canada.

McCain, who was defeated in his bid for the presidency by Barack Obama, defended Janet Napolitano, the U.S. Homeland Security secretary, telling Fox News she was correct when she said the perpetrators came to the United States via Canada.

Napolitano, a former governor of Arizona, sparked a diplomatic scuffle on Monday when she suggested to the CBC's Neil Macdonald in a televised interview that the people who co-ordinated the attacks on the Twin Towers in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington came into the U.S. through Canada.

Canadian Ambassador Michael Wilson tried to set the record straight on Tuesday, saying there was no Canadian connection to the attacks. He repeated those remarks Friday following McCain's comments on Fox News.

Canadian Embassy officials have also been in touch with McCain's office to try to set the record straight again. McCain recently had lunch with Wilson at the embassy."

http://www.cbc.ca...

Why is a FORMER PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE spewing blatant lies about a subject Republicans make apart of their daily agenda?

I love the US, I love its people and I think they can ultimately be a force for good in this world. But I am sick of politicians scapegoating Canada.

I have sent an e-mail to my political leaders and about to send one to both John McCain and Janet Napolitano. I urge anyone with a semblance of knowledge about this disgusting myth to do the same.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 3:04:56 PM
What I find more interesting is that the terrorists were from Pakistan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, so the U.S. invades Iraq, Afghanistan, and sets it's eyes on Iran.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 3:07:11 PM
At 4/24/2009 3:04:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
What I find more interesting is that the terrorists were from Pakistan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, so the U.S. invades Iraq, Afghanistan, and sets it's eyes on Iran.

Granted I think Afghanistan was the right choice at first, because they were hiding out there. We just pushed them over into Pakistan now..

The rest is a bunch of really dumb decisions. I call Iraq the 'Great War of Distraction', because that is what it is. It has done nothing but distract the US from areas of the world they really needed to focus on to hunt down the perpetrators of 9/11. Yet people wonder why Afghanistan has been such a failure.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 3:47:24 PM

Now all we need is for Iran to get nuclear capabilities, which will give us an excuse to invade them. They will then start a nuclear war and the apocalypse. I saw we have 10-30 years.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 3:53:15 PM
At 4/24/2009 3:47:24 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

Now all we need is for Iran to get nuclear capabilities, which will give us an excuse to invade them. They will then start a nuclear war and the apocalypse. I saw we have 10-30 years.

Phhffft, Iran's nuclear capabilities are will be nothing compared to the U.S. Simply say "Stop the nuclear bomb making, or we'll turn you into Dustan"
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 3:55:08 PM
At 4/24/2009 3:53:15 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Phhffft, Iran's nuclear capabilities are will be nothing compared to the U.S. Simply say "Stop the nuclear bomb making, or we'll turn you into Dustan"

We'd love to dust them except for some annoying nations who keep trying to own us ***Cough Cough, UN, Cough, Cough***.
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 3:59:36 PM
At 4/24/2009 3:55:08 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

We'd love to dust them except for some annoying nations who keep trying to own us ***Cough Cough, UN, Cough, Cough***.

You do know the majority of Iranian citizens actually like the US and the West and all our technologies and good life. Lets not kill them.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:02:06 PM
Iraq actually would have had a tactical purpose, if handled correctly. But it wasn't handled correctly. It serves as a buffer state between Saudi Arabia and Iran, who would expend resources they are currently expending on Al Qaeda and Hamas/Hezbollah respectively, on fighting each other instead, if Iraq weren't in the way. The correct way to handle it would have been-- destroy the government there, GTFO, and let the chaos spill over into Saudi Arabia and Iran, till they have to chew through it and meet each other.

The first step-- destroy-- was handled somewhat competently-- but the problem came when some moron said "Hay guyz, let's build a nation here!" The result of having a nation there is PRECISELY what was the problem in the first place!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:02:31 PM
At 4/24/2009 3:59:36 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 4/24/2009 3:55:08 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

You do know the majority of Iranian citizens actually like the US and the West and all our technologies and good life. Lets not kill them.

I completely agree. I tired of the freakin' UN and US governments trying to control everybody else.
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

- Adolf Hitler
Marine1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:02:45 PM

A nuclear weapon in the hands of a theocracy is a horride idea, but nuclear arms will not be used it should be looked at as more of a measure to ensure their place at the table. Ahmadinejad may be a mad man like Khrushchev, who said he would start the nuclear holocaust, he does not want to piss off his diplomatic allies.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:05:15 PM
At 4/24/2009 4:02:45 PM, Marine1 wrote:

A nuclear weapon in the hands of a theocracy is a horride idea,

I completely agree. But all I have to say is Sarah Palin.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:07:01 PM
At 4/24/2009 4:05:15 PM, Volkov wrote:

You're going to have to explain that one to me.
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

- Adolf Hitler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:08:28 PM
At 4/24/2009 4:07:01 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

Please tell me you're not serious. I view Palin as mostly harmless, but come now.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Marine1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:08:47 PM

Sarah Palin may never get enough support to be elected, but that is what makes our country great the separation between church and state
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2009 4:09:18 PM
At 4/24/2009 4:07:01 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

She has a slim chance of being the next US President. She is a heavily evangelical person who believes America's enemies are servants of Satan. The only safe place in the world would be Israel, because when she lets those nuke's fly she won't hit Jerusalem (I hope).
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2009 12:12:03 PM
Currently, I would put the U.S.'s top 2 threats as Iran and North Korea. Of course, last time they invaded North Korea, China called in.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2009 1:49:53 PM
At 4/25/2009 12:12:03 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Currently, I would put the U.S.'s top 2 threats as Iran and North Korea. Of course, last time they invaded North Korea, China called in.

North Korea will never be a serious threat. All they want the bomb for is because they are afraid of being steamrolled by its much larger, richer neighbors. Read the chapter on North Korea in the book The Inheritence by David E. Sanger and you'll see what I mean.
Besides, China is more concerned about the nutjob controlling North Korea than the US invading it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2009 9:52:20 AM

North Korea will never be a serious threat. All they want the bomb for is because they are afraid of being steamrolled by its much larger, richer neighbors. Read the chapter on North Korea in the book The Inheritence by David E. Sanger and you'll see what I mean.
Besides, China is more concerned about the nutjob controlling North Korea than the US invading it.

In all fairness, a NK uprising would certainly cause distress, to say the least. Consider the causes of WWI. A Serbian nationalist killed Archduke Ferdinand, the heir to the Austrian-Hungarian throne. Austria in turn asked for help from Germany, who basically said, "We'll support you in whatever you do to retaliate." All NK needs is to receive Carte Blanche from a bigger, more powerful nation, and we could have a real problem :|
President of DDO
heart_of_the_matter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2009 5:50:08 PM
I agree that there is a lot of ignorance on the topic of 9/11. First of all it is a very complex event it seems, but I think people should know some basic facts about it such as how many towers fell. I did one poll once and more than half the people didn't know the correct answer.
http://answers.yahoo.com...

I did one debate on the topic so I could have a better understanding for myself on the topic, which I am glad I did. (even though I lost)(I was up against a good opponent)
http://www.debate.org...

The thing is...is that I think the reason why there is so much ignorance on the subject is basically due to the motivations of those in power in the world...I have tried to outline this phenomenon in this debate:
http://www.debate.org...

I believe that because of the combination of these global motivations that there are many things that occur in the world that make it very difficult for the average busy person to understand, as they don't have the time or inclination (by design)("bread and circuses") to know these things or worse yet to even want to know about these things...

it reminds me of a quote by Plato -

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."