Jump to topic:

New York special election

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 3:27:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anthony Weiner's seat is up for grabs in a special election (that sentence is just filled with fun). Ordinarily it would be a slam dunk for the democrat where in this district of NYC the democrats out number the republicans 3:1, but apparently the republican is winning in the polls.

Although another republican thrown into the house won't be a giant impact, the significance isn't small going into the presidential election.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:57:09 AM
I'm still trying to find something to indicate what the turnout was. All polls suggested from the beginning that this was going to be a dirt low turnout. If turnout was in the teens or so, it can hardly be called a referendum on the president. If there was high turn out, then it likely could. But really, this is just going to be helping Obama. The more that Obama can show that the economic situation is not his fault, but congress's (and the republicans in congress), the better his odds.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:13:59 AM
At 9/14/2011 9:57:09 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I'm still trying to find something to indicate what the turnout was. All polls suggested from the beginning that this was going to be a dirt low turnout. If turnout was in the teens or so, it can hardly be called a referendum on the president. If there was high turn out, then it likely could. But really, this is just going to be helping Obama. The more that Obama can show that the economic situation is not his fault, but congress's (and the republicans in congress), the better his odds.

I think the blame game Obama has been milking since he arrived is going to start working against him. He lacks leadership in his presentation, and people are looking for someone who will lead and not blame.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:56:03 AM
At 9/14/2011 11:13:59 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/14/2011 9:57:09 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I think the blame game Obama has been milking since he arrived is going to start working against him. He lacks leadership in his presentation, and people are looking for someone who will lead and not blame.

That is out of touch with reality. The ultimate power is in Congress, not the White House. When things are not getting done, it truly is congress's fault (unless congress is passing things and the president is vetoing them). Obama has put forth ideas and a bill, whether you like those ideas or not, you cannot say that Obama is doing nothing. So if "nothing" gets done, then it isn't his fault.

The republicans have done a great job convincing people that the S&P downgrade is Obama's fault, when S&P came out and said that it was because of congress and their political dancing.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 12:24:14 PM
sorry if this is a dumb question, i really don't follow politics all too closely (and i don't want to type his name into google at work...) did he get kicked out of congress because of his weiner pics?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 12:47:57 PM
At 9/14/2011 12:24:14 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
sorry if this is a dumb question, i really don't follow politics all too closely (and i don't want to type his name into google at work...) did he get kicked out of congress because of his weiner pics?

He got kicked out because he was a Democrat. So yes, he did get kicked out because of his "weiner" pictures.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 12:54:40 PM

Not quite, he choose to resigned (was not actually forced out, though he was strongly pressured), because of the weiner pics, as well as the cover up afterwards.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:04:59 PM
At 9/14/2011 12:47:57 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

He got kicked out because he was a Democrat. So yes, he did get kicked out because of his "weiner" pictures.

LOL so all democrats like to show off their d*cks? that makes sense, all republicans have small d*cks, so they would rather show off their mustangs.

I'd like to think he got so much heat only because he lied, but unfortunately there aren't enough examples of politicians being honest about their sexual discrepancies to look back on...
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:08:30 PM
At 9/14/2011 1:04:59 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

LOL so all democrats like to show off their d*cks? that makes sense, all republicans have small d*cks, so they would rather show off their mustangs.

Hey now, no narking on Mustangs.

I'd like to think he got so much heat only because he lied, but unfortunately there aren't enough examples of politicians being honest about their sexual discrepancies to look back on...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:40:34 PM
At 9/14/2011 1:08:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Hey now, no narking on the size of Mustangs.

I think the next election may really go for Obama's jugular with this slogan:

America needs progressive vision, not change as usual. America can't afford Obama's changes.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:54:54 PM
At 9/14/2011 1:40:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/14/2011 1:08:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Hey now, no narking on the size of Mustangs.

I think the next election may really go for Obama's jugular with this slogan:

America needs progressive vision, not change as usual. America can't afford Obama's changes.

How does "Progressive vision" apply to any of the republicans? They've made it perfectly clear that their goal is not to move the country forward in any direction, but to plant their feet and say that they are preventing anything and everything. The very fact that they turned the debt ceiling into a poltical game of chicken, then tried (and rather successfully) blamed Obama for the credit downgrade shows that. If they were passing legislation and making Obama the one saying "no" with a veto pen, they might have something on that. But they've all come out not saying "we're proposing different ideas from the president to move forward," but saying "we're going to stop the president."