Jump to topic:

"Mr. Rogers Evil?"

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 9:23:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, I just witnessed something which has gotten me more enraged than I have been in a while. What is that, you say? This video right here:

In it, Faux News attempts to make the case that Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood ruined a generation of children by boosting their ego.

Not only is their thinking horrendously fallacious, but that is a horrifyingly insulting, disrespectful, vile, dirty, low, and altogether terrible thing to say about a man who devoted his older life to giving children a positive message.

But hey--what else would you expect from Fox?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 9:29:45 PM
Its sick logic, but I can identify quite a handful of DDO members who aren't even republicans that think that way except used to describe the gov't - populace relationship.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 10:05:06 PM
Did anyone else notice a terrible image lag on the video? Nobody's mouths matched their speech, and sometimes a woman had a man's voice. It was weird.

I don't think it's appropriate to blame things on Mr. Rogers. To say that Asians immigrants do better because they didn't have Mr. Rogers is nonsense; it's because they're Asians. I watched Mr. Rogers, and it didn't dampen my competitiveness one bit.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 10:39:08 PM
If the news wants to attack video games and tv for violent behavior, I don't see how that's any different then targeting Mr. Rogers.

Is Mr. Rogers the sole fault of the "feel good" generation? No. Did Mr. Rogers promote the message? Yes.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:15:17 PM
What? How dare they? Mr. Rogers was my favorate show when I was 4. lol I hate Fox..
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:16:45 PM
At 9/18/2011 10:39:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:
If the news wants to attack video games and tv for violent behavior, I don't see how that's any different then targeting Mr. Rogers.

Is Mr. Rogers the sole fault of the "feel good" generation? No. Did Mr. Rogers promote the message? Yes.

It isn't any different; and both are f-ing stupid things to go after.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:17:03 PM
At 9/19/2011 9:15:17 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
What? How dare they? Mr. Rogers was my favorate show when I was 4. lol I hate Fox..

I could have sworn this guy was a pure conservative just a few weeks ago. What is this now?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:18:44 PM
At 9/19/2011 9:16:45 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/18/2011 10:39:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:

It isn't any different; and both are f-ing stupid things to go after.

How? What's an acceptable target?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:19:01 PM
At 9/19/2011 9:17:03 PM, 000ike wrote:

I could have sworn this guy was a pure conservative just a few weeks ago. What is this now?

I dunno, but I'd be leery of him..

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2011 9:30:19 PM

He switches back and forth between a conservative Christian and a libertarian LaVeyan Satanist. He was an ancap once.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 12:11:53 PM
At 9/19/2011 9:30:19 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

He switches back and forth between a conservative Christian and a libertarian LaVeyan Satanist. He was an ancap once.

Maybe he shoud come back to his sense. :)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 3:31:24 PM
At 9/19/2011 9:30:19 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Well.. actually I was never a Christian.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 7:42:00 PM
I'm a terrible person, and I blame that entirely on the evil wiles of that demon-serpent named Mr. Rogers!

Won't I be your neighbor?!?! Ha!

NEVER, you spawn of Satan!!! Back to the depths of hell with you, and take your feelgood, spirit-lifting message back to the lips of Satan, which is dripping with sin. And for God's sake, get rid of that evil cartigan (the tunic of Lucifer).
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 10:39:08 PM
At 9/20/2011 7:42:00 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I'm a terrible person, and I blame that entirely on the evil wiles of that demon-serpent named Mr. Rogers!

NEVER, you spawn of Satan!!! Back to the depths of hell with you, and take your feelgood, spirit-lifting message back to the lips of Satan, which is dripping with sin. And for God's sake, get rid of that evil cartigan (the tunic of Lucifer).

LOL

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 10:42:05 PM

This needs to be someone's signature...It's such a memorable post....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 11:03:49 PM
On a second thought...

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 11:04:18 PM
At 9/20/2011 11:03:49 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
On a second thought...

New signature....

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 11:14:46 PM
Mr. Rogers is also a rapper.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:21:11 AM

The 'tunic of lucifer' - that was funny.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:56:40 AM
At 9/20/2011 11:14:46 PM, thett3 wrote:
Mr. Rogers is also a rapper.

That's kind of how I found the FOX video. After the latest ERBoH was posted, I felt nastolgic, and, lo and behold, I happened upon the Fox video.