Jump to topic:

Amanda Knox did not kill Meredith Kercher

randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:01:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hopefully Amanda will get the not guilty verdict and be released soon. This whole case has been bogus from the beginning.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:22:24 PM
At 9/28/2011 12:01:37 PM, randolph7 wrote:
Hopefully Amanda will get the not guilty verdict and be released soon. This whole case has been bogus from the beginning.

It is quite obvious that the guy did it, not her, but we can't tell unless we have all the evidence that the jury. And the Italian media that portrayed her as a villain can admit that they were wrong.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:27:54 PM

The way it has been reported has been bogus.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:30:21 PM
Nomadic forensic evidence that phases in and out of reality certainly raises my suspicions.

What will become of the film?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:35:31 PM
At 9/28/2011 12:22:24 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

It is quite obvious that the guy did it, not her, but we can't tell unless we have all the evidence that the jury. And the Italian media that portrayed her as a villain can admit that they were wrong.

While I haven't seen exact trial transcripts or evidence per se, the media was there and reported so there is a secondary source for what happened. Also, the motivation reports by Judges Micheli and Massei goes over evidence and the "motivation" for the verdict. But when you carefully go over the evidence with an open mind there is much reasonable doubt.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:35:31 PM
At 9/28/2011 12:30:21 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Nomadic forensic evidence that phases in and out of reality certainly raises my suspicions.

It will probably be a big hit in the States, though the Natalee Holloway movie didn't do so well.

http://www.imdb.com...
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:42:44 PM

The video of the crime scene forensics caused laughter in court. If the jury's laughing at your techniques then you've pretty much lost the forensic case. I've never liked eyewitness accounts because people are inherently unrealiable as far as memory of events. I much prefer the "hard" evidence (DNA, etc.) of which there's none that places Sollecito or Knox in the room.

I think the Lifetime movie will probably fall into the dust bin. It was a joke of a film when created (both sides said it was horrible) and will probably get less play after the appeal.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 12:47:28 PM
My theory of the case (which I know nobody in the mainstream supports) is that Guede had an accomplice but that accomplice is as of yet still unknown. Rudy's alibis almost always have involved two people usually referred to as shadows. It's obvious Rudy was involved and if he's saying he had a friend with him I tend to believe at least that aspect. His 2007 Skype call also alluded to an accomplice but it wasn't until he could get a reduced sentence that he implicated Knox and Sollecito.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 1:03:56 PM
At 9/28/2011 12:42:44 PM, randolph7 wrote:

The video of the crime scene forensics caused laughter in court. If the jury's laughing at your techniques then you've pretty much lost the forensic case. I've never liked eyewitness accounts because people are inherently unrealiable as far as memory of events. I much prefer the "hard" evidence (DNA, etc.) of which there's none that places Sollecito or Knox in the room.

There doesn't really need to be. The break in was staged. The pattern of broken glass and the way the scene was ransacked showed that the broken window occured lasts. So whoever commited the crime, had a key to the front door. Sollecito told the police that nothing was stolen, even though one room was still locked at the time and not everyone had returned to verify that they had all their stuff.

Rudy had always been involved in drugs and minor crimes to pay for drugs (kind of a common side effect of when adoptive parents throw you out and say, "It is pointless to hide the fact that for me, Rudy was a disappointment. I hoped to help him build a future. I thought I had given him an opportunity. But as the months passed I understood I was mistaken, that my hopes were all met with delusion."), that is why it seems odd that Rudy did this on his own if nothing was stolen.

It should also be noted that Italian Jury =/= American Jury. They have their Jury made up of only other judges, not everyday people, so I'm inclined to believe that the intial verdict has a higher probability of being accurate.

I think the Lifetime movie will probably fall into the dust bin. It was a joke of a film when created (both sides said it was horrible) and will probably get less play after the appeal.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 1:17:51 PM
Let's not forget who the real victim is here. Meredith Kercher. No amount of legal wrangling will bring her back.

If Knox is innocent, then let her go (I'd like to have the chance to have a go on Foxy Knoxy, what man wouldn't) but if, on the balance of probability she's guilty, she must remain behind bars.

I might be wrong but I imagine that there wouldn't be nearly so much interest in the case in the US if:

A - She wasn't American and;
B - She was a fat old man instead of a hot young chick.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 1:22:31 PM
At 9/28/2011 1:17:51 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Let's not forget who the real victim is here. Meredith Kercher. No amount of legal wrangling will bring her back.

If Knox is innocent, then let her go (I'd like to have the chance to have a go on Foxy Knoxy, what man wouldn't) but if, on the balance of probability she's guilty, she must remain behind bars.

I might be wrong but I imagine that there wouldn't be nearly so much interest in the case in the US if:

Same to the UK bub (or anywhere). It's not just the US that is interested hot white arse.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 2:39:27 PM
At 9/28/2011 1:03:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
There doesn't really need to be. The break in was staged. The pattern of broken glass and the way the scene was ransacked showed that the broken window occured lasts. So whoever commited the crime, had a key to the front door. Sollecito told the police that nothing was stolen, even though one room was still locked at the time and not everyone had returned to verify that they had all their stuff.

That was certainly the prosecution's case. But you have some facts wrong here. The conclusion that the break-in was staged came not from forensics but from interviews/testimony from Filomena (a roommate) that she had seen glass on top of her clothes and that nothing seemed to be stolen but that the room was ransacked. However, there is not ONE crime scene photo that shows glass on top of clothing.

Rudy had always been involved in drugs and minor crimes to pay for drugs (kind of a common side effect of when adoptive parents throw you out and say, "It is pointless to hide the fact that for me, Rudy was a disappointment. I hoped to help him build a future. I thought I had given him an opportunity. But as the months passed I understood I was mistaken, that my hopes were all met with delusion."), that is why it seems odd that Rudy did this on his own if nothing was stolen.

There was things stolen, namely cash and cellphones. One of the prosecution's many theories was Amanda stole the cash to make rent. However, bank accounts quickly debunked this.

It should also be noted that Italian Jury =/= American Jury. They have their Jury made up of only other judges, not everyday people, so I'm inclined to believe that the intial verdict has a higher probability of being accurate.

That is partially correct. The jury in Italy does consist of judges, two professional judges and six "lay judges". In other words, there was two regular judges and the rest of the jury was a jury of peers. It's not exactly the same as the American system but not all that dissimilar either except that the jury is not sequestered as highly sensational trials are in the US.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 2:47:12 PM
At 9/28/2011 1:17:51 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

That is a common refrain of the colpevolisti. Meredith Kercher is a victim but she is no longer fighting for her life, so this is a red herring. If Meredith's memory is to be upheld at all, justice must be done. Italy could randomly lock up people but that wouldn't bring her back either. Justice is the only true way to uphold Meredith's memory.

Really? Who cares what generated the interest? If she's innocent she should be set free. The West Memphis 3 were innocent and released, although obviously less sexy generated coverage nonetheless. Injustice is injustice. People get interested for various reasons but it has nothing to do with the merits of the case.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 3:14:46 PM
I'd be willing to debate anyone that wants to.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 3:54:48 PM
At 9/28/2011 2:39:27 PM, randolph7 wrote:
At 9/28/2011 1:03:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

That was certainly the prosecution's case. But you have some facts wrong here. The conclusion that the break-in was staged came not from forensics but from interviews/testimony from Filomena (a roommate) that she had seen glass on top of her clothes and that nothing seemed to be stolen but that the room was ransacked. However, there is not ONE crime scene photo that shows glass on top of clothing.

So they didn't get a picture of it. That is very different from getting a picture that showed the opposite (for example, if they took a picture of the entry window where the glass can be seen on the ground and stuffed tossed over it in a ransacking manner). It was also shown that the entry window was the most exposed and so the worst option to choose for a criminal to enter through. Rudy was an experienced criminal.

There was things stolen, namely cash and cellphones. One of the prosecution's many theories was Amanda stole the cash to make rent. However, bank accounts quickly debunked this.

I think the theory would have been that her boy friend stole it, not her, since he was the one convicted of theft. But the cell phones were stolen and dumped, not stolen and sold or anything.

That is partially correct. The jury in Italy does consist of judges, two professional judges and six "lay judges". In other words, there was two regular judges and the rest of the jury was a jury of peers. It's not exactly the same as the American system but not all that dissimilar either except that the jury is not sequestered as highly sensational trials are in the US.

Lay judges are not jury of peers. They usually have legal instruction, and are often chosen by committees, not a random number generator that pulls everyday people from their jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:07:46 PM
At 9/28/2011 3:54:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So they didn't get a picture of it. That is very different from getting a picture that showed the opposite (for example, if they took a picture of the entry window where the glass can be seen on the ground and stuffed tossed over it in a ransacking manner). It was also shown that the entry window was the most exposed and so the worst option to choose for a criminal to enter through. Rudy was an experienced criminal.

There are crime scene photos of items on top of glass, I don't believe even colpevosti dispute that. Of the outside windows it was mostly likely the easiest and semi concealed. In fact a defense lawyer showed how it was possible to gain entry through this window and did so in his suit and tie. Hardly a difficult task. Also, I'd like to point out "ransacked" was Filomena's words not necessarily how I would view it. I'd say it was less dishelved than my own room.

Lay judges are not jury of peers. They usually have legal instruction, and are often chosen by committees, not a random number generator that pulls everyday people from their jobs.

I admit that I don't know exactly how Italy's lay judge system work and the wikipedia article doesn't speak to Italy. Jury of peers was perhaps a poor choice of words but the fact remains they are not professional judges. In Finland, they are appointed volunteers. The point is they are regular people not judges in the way most people define them.