Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Steve Jobs has died.

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:16:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Indeed, it is official: the Grand Wizard Jobs of the kingdom of Apple has fallen.

Thoughts? I personally find it a bit startling. He had just stepped down not 2 months ago, and now he's dead. Wow.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:17:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.debate.org...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:18:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/5/2011 7:17:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Yes, and...?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:20:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/5/2011 7:18:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/5/2011 7:17:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Yes, and...?

I thought it was self-explanatory. Well, the point of that is that this is a bit redundant, there's already a recently created discussion on the matter in another thread.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:21:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/5/2011 7:20:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/5/2011 7:18:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/5/2011 7:17:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Yes, and...?

I thought it was self-explanatory. Well, the point of that is that this is a bit redundant, there's already a recently created discussion on the matter in another thread.

I wasn't aware. Besides, I feel it's more suited here, anyway.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:31:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What a shame, he was such an intelligent man.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:38:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/5/2011 7:31:45 PM, thett3 wrote:
What a shame, he was such an intelligent man.

even intelligent people die.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 7:49:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That really blows! R.I.P. Mr. Jobs :'(
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:29:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It is a shame that Steve Jobs died before the launch of Apple's latest product: a device that presses clothes, which, I understand, will be called an i-ron.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 11:15:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Steve Jobs didn't think it through. Since he knew he was about to die anyway, he could have committed suicide by leaping off a skyscraper in the hope that the owners would honour the occasion by renaming it the i-Fell Tower.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:10:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
They say that when you die, you see your life go by in a flash.
Steve jobs didn't. Apple doesn't support Flash
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 8:50:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:10:07 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
They say that when you die, you see your life go by in a flash.
Steve jobs didn't. Apple doesn't support Flash

that made me feel bad for laughing.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 12:49:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
did anyone pick him for that game in which people guess who's gonna die or was that game limited to only political figs?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being. He represented every single thing that the liberal progressive establishment hated about corporate America, but fawn all over his inventions, go figure.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being.

I'd like to see you bring up some evidence for this. I'm not necessarily saying this is false, but people so often idiotically make false claims against people for the sole reason that they are rich and successful.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 4:33:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/12/2011 9:04:03 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being.

I'd like to see you bring up some evidence for this. I'm not necessarily saying this is false, but people so often idiotically make false claims against people for the sole reason that they are rich and successful.

Goggle Steve Jobs was a bully, you will get hundreds of hits verifying it
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 4:38:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 4:33:00 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/12/2011 9:04:03 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being.

I'd like to see you bring up some evidence for this. I'm not necessarily saying this is false, but people so often idiotically make false claims against people for the sole reason that they are rich and successful.

Goggle Steve Jobs was a bully, you will get hundreds of hits verifying it

If you google "Steve Jobs was a women" you'll get 281 million results.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 5:08:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 4:38:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/13/2011 4:33:00 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/12/2011 9:04:03 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being.

I'd like to see you bring up some evidence for this. I'm not necessarily saying this is false, but people so often idiotically make false claims against people for the sole reason that they are rich and successful.

Goggle Steve Jobs was a bully, you will get hundreds of hits verifying it

If you google "Steve Jobs was a women" you'll get 281 million results.

Only got 541 thousand. For Ore_ele is a women I got 9,470 results. For darkkermit is a a woman I got 2,030,000 results.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 5:37:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 5:08:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/13/2011 4:38:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/13/2011 4:33:00 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/12/2011 9:04:03 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being.

I'd like to see you bring up some evidence for this. I'm not necessarily saying this is false, but people so often idiotically make false claims against people for the sole reason that they are rich and successful.

Goggle Steve Jobs was a bully, you will get hundreds of hits verifying it

If you google "Steve Jobs was a women" you'll get 281 million results.

Only got 541 thousand. For Ore_ele is a women I got 9,470 results. For darkkermit is a a woman I got 2,030,000 results.

Double count the zeros on that.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 10:44:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/13/2011 5:08:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/13/2011 4:38:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/13/2011 4:33:00 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/12/2011 9:04:03 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/12/2011 5:04:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Steve Jobs, for all his contributions and innovations, was a bullying tyrant as a businessman and a human being.

I'd like to see you bring up some evidence for this. I'm not necessarily saying this is false, but people so often idiotically make false claims against people for the sole reason that they are rich and successful.

Goggle Steve Jobs was a bully, you will get hundreds of hits verifying it

If you google "Steve Jobs was a women" you'll get 281 million results.

Only got 541 thousand. For Ore_ele is a women I got 9,470 results. For darkkermit is a a woman I got 2,030,000 results.

What is your point. Are you saying he wasn't?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%