Jump to topic:

Here we go again.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 5:23:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, shit. Iran is being accused of a terrorist plot in the United States involving a high profile assassination and blowing up two embassies. Our relations are already reeeally bad, and people are debating over whether we are about to get into ANOTHER war.

I don't even know what to say about that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 7:22:52 AM
http://images.wikia.com...
*sad to be american*
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 2:42:31 PM
At 10/14/2011 5:23:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, shit. Iran is being accused of a terrorist plot in the United States involving a high profile assassination and blowing up two embassies. Our relations are already reeeally bad, and people are debating over whether we are about to get into ANOTHER war.

I don't even know what to say about that.

i dont see any politicians debating about another war, or any war with iran.

the reality is the US is already fighting a cold war with iran. you think those dead nuclear scientists dropped from natural causes? hamas, hezbollah - all have killed american civilians and US diplomats. iran sponsors militants in iraq/afghanistan and continues to sponsor yemeni militants that fight saudi arabia (operation scorched earth).

i predict the US/Israel will probably do something conventional, but it will be a gulf-war style conflict with mostly bombing campaigns. no regime change like in afghanistan/iraq.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 2:44:29 PM
Iran isn't even a remote threat to us.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 3:04:02 PM
At 10/14/2011 2:44:29 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Iraq wasn't either, except it consumed our country for a decade and sucked a large part of our economy out from under us. Iran armies invading US soil..doubtful..Iran sucking years of military attention and costing billions...probable.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 5:20:57 PM
At 10/14/2011 3:04:02 PM, Crede wrote:

Iraq wasn't either, except it consumed our country for a decade and sucked a large part of our economy out from under us. Iran armies invading US soil..doubtful..Iran sucking years of military attention and costing billions...probable.

I don't think we've been at war with a country that was a genuine threat since WW2.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 8:35:29 PM
At 10/14/2011 5:20:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 10/14/2011 3:04:02 PM, Crede wrote:

I don't think we've been at war with a country that was a genuine threat since WW2.

THIS