Jump to topic:

Here we go again.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 5:23:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well, shit. Iran is being accused of a terrorist plot in the United States involving a high profile assassination and blowing up two embassies. Our relations are already reeeally bad, and people are debating over whether we are about to get into ANOTHER war.

I don't even know what to say about that.
THE CHOSEN ONE
THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
THE BOOGIE MAN
THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
Your friend.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 7:22:52 AM
http://images.wikia.com...
*sad to be american*
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
JuiceSqueeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 2:42:31 PM
At 10/14/2011 5:23:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, shit. Iran is being accused of a terrorist plot in the United States involving a high profile assassination and blowing up two embassies. Our relations are already reeeally bad, and people are debating over whether we are about to get into ANOTHER war.

I don't even know what to say about that.

i dont see any politicians debating about another war, or any war with iran.

the reality is the US is already fighting a cold war with iran. you think those dead nuclear scientists dropped from natural causes? hamas, hezbollah - all have killed american civilians and US diplomats. iran sponsors militants in iraq/afghanistan and continues to sponsor yemeni militants that fight saudi arabia (operation scorched earth).

i predict the US/Israel will probably do something conventional, but it will be a gulf-war style conflict with mostly bombing campaigns. no regime change like in afghanistan/iraq.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 2:44:29 PM
Iran isn't even a remote threat to us.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 3:04:02 PM
At 10/14/2011 2:44:29 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Iraq wasn't either, except it consumed our country for a decade and sucked a large part of our economy out from under us. Iran armies invading US soil..doubtful..Iran sucking years of military attention and costing billions...probable.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 5:20:57 PM
At 10/14/2011 3:04:02 PM, Crede wrote:

Iraq wasn't either, except it consumed our country for a decade and sucked a large part of our economy out from under us. Iran armies invading US soil..doubtful..Iran sucking years of military attention and costing billions...probable.

I don't think we've been at war with a country that was a genuine threat since WW2.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2011 8:35:29 PM
At 10/14/2011 5:20:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 10/14/2011 3:04:02 PM, Crede wrote:

I don't think we've been at war with a country that was a genuine threat since WW2.

THIS