We're now in Africa

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:44:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.independent.co.uk...

This is when i say there is virtually no real difference between the parties when it comes to military intervention. I don't hear much protest against this, but the one thing good i thought would come from this president would be less foreign interventionism, and we are getting as much or more.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:01:27 AM
You know what, this is where my hypocrisy comes in. First reaction was, oh wow, good step. That's really admirable. But in reality, if i was a American, OR if my government did it, i wouldn't be so appreciative. I would be downright critical.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:04:53 AM
At 10/16/2011 6:01:27 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know what, this is where my hypocrisy comes in. First reaction was, oh wow, good step. That's really admirable. But in reality, if i was a American, OR if my government did it, i wouldn't be so appreciative. I would be downright critical.

But still, good work. Go humanity and all that.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 2:21:32 PM
what you fail to realize is that we are not occupying the country. We are simply sending in a special forces group to take down the jesus fanatics with little to no innocent lives taken. This is how we should operate among the world. When there is a terrorist huddled in some cave, we don't occupy the f*cking country, no we send special forces to Tango-Down his as.s. Thats how we got Osama for crying out loud, did the Marines in their tank brigades get him? No. It was a Seal Team Six Special forces shooter who broke into his bedroom while he was taking a dump. Go figure.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:45:26 PM
we are it looks a lot like america and i havent seen any lions.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:56:57 PM
At 10/16/2011 2:21:32 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
what you fail to realize is that we are not occupying the country. We are simply sending in a special forces group to take down the jesus fanatics with little to no innocent lives taken. This is how we should operate among the world. When there is a terrorist huddled in some cave, we don't occupy the f*cking country, no we send special forces to Tango-Down his as.s. Thats how we got Osama for crying out loud, did the Marines in their tank brigades get him? No. It was a Seal Team Six Special forces shooter who broke into his bedroom while he was taking a dump. Go figure.

Afghanistan as a sovereign nation would not allow us to enter their territory to hunt down terrorists. A military occupation was needed to ensure our hegemony in the region.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 10:28:09 PM
At 10/16/2011 5:56:57 PM, thett3 wrote:

Afghanistan as a sovereign nation would not allow us to enter their territory to hunt down terrorists. A military occupation was needed to ensure our hegemony in the region.

Do you even know what's going on there? We are in league with their government, trying to get them to straighten up. I think that they would prefer a strike team go into some cave rather than tanks patrol up their streets.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 4:31:01 PM
At 10/16/2011 10:28:09 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

Do you even know what's going on there? We are in league with their government, trying to get them to straighten up. I think that they would prefer a strike team go into some cave rather than tanks patrol up their streets.

You misunderstand. The former government of Afghanistan would not allow the U.S. to hunt down terrorists; they were harboring them. U.S. presence in the middle-east helps to deter hostile powers from acting aggressively to the U.S. (increasing hegemony).
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 9:42:28 PM
At 10/17/2011 4:31:01 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 10:28:09 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

You misunderstand. The former government of Afghanistan would not allow the U.S. to hunt down terrorists; they were harboring them. U.S. presence in the middle-east helps to deter hostile powers from acting aggressively to the U.S. (increasing hegemony).

I completely understand. At the beginning of the campaign, the US helped aid Karzai in his Coup d'etat. That took place within weeks. Now that he's up and running, we're still there.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 12:41:23 PM
The Lord's Resistance Army are a particularly unsavoury group, even by Africa's unrivalled standards of barbarity - it is a shame that the region's former colonial masters in Europe haven't intervened to halt their campaign of terror and, instead, the Americans have had to step in.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 1:22:04 PM

You understand that you just described how Vietnam started?
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 6:25:15 PM
At 10/18/2011 1:22:04 PM, innomen wrote:

You understand that you just described how Vietnam started?

There's a difference? :P