Jump to topic:

Proposition 26 Mississippi

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 8:33:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A new constitutional amendment wants to say that personhood begins at conception in Mississippi.

http://www.thetakeaway.org...

Thoughts?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2011 10:18:41 PM
At 11/5/2011 9:34:41 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
It will fail.

Good luck to them I suppose.

I hope that it passes but only time will tell.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 1:11:23 AM
At 11/5/2011 8:33:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
A new constitutional amendment wants to say that personhood begins at conception in Mississippi.

Thoughts?

I believe that this is going to be hard to maintain, even if they pass the law.
I mean how can they push this into action?
How can they keep this law in a fact.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 9:10:49 AM
At 11/6/2011 1:11:23 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
At 11/5/2011 8:33:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Thoughts?

I believe that this is going to be hard to maintain, even if they pass the law.
I mean how can they push this into action?
How can they keep this law in a fact.

What do you mean? It's pretty simple.
No abortions, no Plan B pills, and putting fetal rights ahead of the women's rights.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 8:05:35 PM
If it fails the left will say "look democracy in action, see it works." And the Right will accept it. If it passes the left will do everything in it's power to undermine democracy by using the courts to overturn it, thus showing that voting is meaningless unless it serves the lefts agenda.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 8:09:05 PM
At 11/14/2011 8:05:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
If it fails the left will say "look democracy in action, see it works." And the Right will accept it
The Right does not, however, thankfully, accept gun bans or campaign speech restrictions, even when passed by the elected branches. Good thing too, democracy sucks. Thank nongod for activist judges mitigating that a bit.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 8:10:33 PM
If it fails the left will say "look democracy in action, see it works." And the Right will accept it. If it passes the left will do everything in it's power to undermine democracy by using the courts to overturn it, thus showing that voting is meaningless unless it serves the lefts agenda.

Uhm, aren't ideas such as direct democracy much more liberal than conservative? Or am I just mistaken?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2011 9:09:40 PM
At 11/14/2011 8:10:33 PM, thett3 wrote:

Uhm, aren't ideas such as direct democracy much more liberal than conservative? Or am I just mistaken?

Liberals like democracy, so long as democracy favors their position :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 12:46:04 PM
I know it's already failed, but still it fails in concept on so many levels.
1- that would outlaw some types of contraceptives, as well as the morning after pill
2- roe vs wade would need to be repealed before any state could really make laws on the issue.
3- all misscariages, especially ones that happen out of state, would have to be investigated, and the mother would be sent to trial after something that already negatively affects her mental well being.

Same reason medical marijuana has failed, with consecutive powers, even if the state has a law, the federal government has more power over it.

Now if they changed it so that abortions after a month or two were illegal, it would be a different story, but still there is the issue on miscarriages. For reference, my aunt almost had a miscarriage again, and had to drive 3 hour to a hospital that would be willing to help her, the night my cousin was born, so even when they could live independently of the mother natural miscarriages are possible.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2011 12:50:59 PM
At 11/14/2011 9:09:40 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/14/2011 8:10:33 PM, thett3 wrote:

Liberals and conservatives like democracy, so long as democracy favors their position :p.

fix'd

I don't like democracy for most things. Human rights shouldn't be up for a vote. Only things that might arguably harm others should be voted on. Gay marriage doesn't harm anyone but possibly maybe those being married.
What you consume harms no one but yourself.
How you treat your pets, whether you have an abortion, how you treat your children and/or spouse, etc can harm others, and some sort of agreed upon solution and expectations for each are okay.
But outlawing red shoes because some people don't like them and you still have an option of having black shoes really shouldn't be allowed to happen.

So really I'm pretty left leaning, but I hate democracy for most things.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave