Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Occupy Wall Street had weapons

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 10:38:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think it's amusing that conservatives who are against gun control are making a big deal about a kitchen knife being found where people are camping out (eating and living in general). These are the same people who are pro concealed guns, with less strict gun laws, yet get all up in arms - pun intended - about a knife.

What if people complained during the American Revolution about rebels having weapons to potentially use against the British police? Why are State oppressors any different? It's interesting how peoples values shift, and more interesting that they're too arrogant and/or brainwashed to see it. This probably applies to myself too.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 11:16:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
*pepper sprays Danielle*
STOP RESISTING YOU DAMN HIPPY!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 11:16:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 10:38:31 PM, Danielle wrote:
I think it's amusing that conservatives who are against gun control are making a big deal about a kitchen knife being found where people are camping out (eating and living in general). These are the same people who are pro concealed guns, with less strict gun laws, yet get all up in arms - pun intended - about a knife.

What if people complained during the American Revolution about rebels having weapons to potentially use against the British police? Why are State oppressors any different? It's interesting how peoples values shift, and more interesting that they're too arrogant and/or brainwashed to see it. This probably applies to myself too.

I'm pro guns and concealed weapons after a sh!t load of classes, but I definitely don't want looser gun laws. Theyre fine where they are. Several other knives were found too, unless I misread. Plus one that was buried. They clearly didn't want it found if it was buried. On a side note, does anyone even know what these people wanted?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:18:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 12:05:35 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to have knives? Or guns for that matter?

Because that shows a willingness to turn violent and the first amendment guarantees the right to PEACEABLE assembly.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:28:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 11:18:25 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:05:35 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to have knives? Or guns for that matter?

Because that shows a willingness to turn violent and the first amendment guarantees the right to PEACEABLE assembly.

Just like possessing a copy of The Communist Manifesto shows a willingness to overthrow capitalism?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:47:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 11:28:26 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/24/2011 11:18:25 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:05:35 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to have knives? Or guns for that matter?

Because that shows a willingness to turn violent and the first amendment guarantees the right to PEACEABLE assembly.

Just like possessing a copy of The Communist Manifesto shows a willingness to overthrow capitalism?

Of course! I'm clearly a pinko who wants to destroy everything American because I own a copy of the Manifesto. And I READ it, too! The intrigue!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 11:54:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 11:18:25 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:05:35 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to have knives? Or guns for that matter?

Because that shows a willingness to turn violent and the first amendment guarantees the right to PEACEABLE assembly.:

Not all the OWS protestors would be violent because some protestors brought knives. It's a pretty cheap tactic for FOX to cover that, and this seems much ado about nothing.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 12:44:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 11:28:26 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/24/2011 11:18:25 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/24/2011 12:05:35 AM, Danielle wrote:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to have knives? Or guns for that matter?

Because that shows a willingness to turn violent and the first amendment guarantees the right to PEACEABLE assembly.

Just like possessing a copy of The Communist Manifesto shows a willingness to overthrow capitalism?

Fair enough.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 4:32:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 11:16:56 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/23/2011 10:38:31 PM, Danielle wrote:
I think it's amusing that conservatives who are against gun control are making a big deal about a kitchen knife being found where people are camping out (eating and living in general). These are the same people who are pro concealed guns, with less strict gun laws, yet get all up in arms - pun intended - about a knife.

What if people complained during the American Revolution about rebels having weapons to potentially use against the British police? Why are State oppressors any different? It's interesting how peoples values shift, and more interesting that they're too arrogant and/or brainwashed to see it. This probably applies to myself too.

I'm pro guns and concealed weapons after a sh!t load of classes, but I definitely don't want looser gun laws. Theyre fine where they are. Several other knives were found too, unless I misread. Plus one that was buried. They clearly didn't want it found if it was buried. On a side note, does anyone even know what these people wanted?

Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.

Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Create a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.

Institute a 6 hour workday, and 6 weeks of paid vacation.

Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.

Repeal racist and xenophobic English-only laws.

Open the borders to all immigrants, legal or illegal. Offer immediate, unconditional amnesty, to all undocumented residents of the US.

Create a single-payer, universal health care system.

Pass stricter campaign finance reform laws. Ban all private donations. All campaigns will receive equal funding, provided by the taxpayers.

Institute a negative income tax, and tax the very rich at rates up to 90%.

Pass far stricter environmental protection and animal rights laws.

Allow workers to elect their supervisors.

Lower the retirement age to 55. Increase Social Security benefits.

Create a 5% annual wealth tax for the very rich.

Ban the private ownership of land.

Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.

Reduce the age of majority to 16.

Abolish the death penalty and life in prison. We call for the immediate release of all death row inmates from death row and transferred to regular prisons.

Release all political prisoners immediately.

Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Abolish the debt limit.

Ban private gun ownership.

Strengthen the separation of church and state.

Immediate debt forgiveness for all.

End the 'War on Drugs'.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 8:11:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There were weapons at the tea party movement.

I don't think its a big deal, but its a somewhat interesting story. Especial since the occupy movement is notoriously a violent movement.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 8:58:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 4:32:55 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/23/2011 11:16:56 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 11/23/2011 10:38:31 PM, Danielle wrote:
I think it's amusing that conservatives who are against gun control are making a big deal about a kitchen knife being found where people are camping out (eating and living in general). These are the same people who are pro concealed guns, with less strict gun laws, yet get all up in arms - pun intended - about a knife.

What if people complained during the American Revolution about rebels having weapons to potentially use against the British police? Why are State oppressors any different? It's interesting how peoples values shift, and more interesting that they're too arrogant and/or brainwashed to see it. This probably applies to myself too.

I'm pro guns and concealed weapons after a sh!t load of classes, but I definitely don't want looser gun laws. Theyre fine where they are. Several other knives were found too, unless I misread. Plus one that was buried. They clearly didn't want it found if it was buried. On a side note, does anyone even know what these people wanted?

Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act. Unionize ALL workers immediately.

Raise the minimum wage immediately to $18/hr. Create a maximum wage of $90/hr to eliminate inequality.

Institute a 6 hour workday, and 6 weeks of paid vacation.

Institute a moratorium on all foreclosures and layoffs immediately.

Repeal racist and xenophobic English-only laws.

Open the borders to all immigrants, legal or illegal. Offer immediate, unconditional amnesty, to all undocumented residents of the US.

Create a single-payer, universal health care system.

Pass stricter campaign finance reform laws. Ban all private donations. All campaigns will receive equal funding, provided by the taxpayers.

Institute a negative income tax, and tax the very rich at rates up to 90%.

Pass far stricter environmental protection and animal rights laws.

Allow workers to elect their supervisors.

Lower the retirement age to 55. Increase Social Security benefits.

Create a 5% annual wealth tax for the very rich.

Ban the private ownership of land.

Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.

Reduce the age of majority to 16.

Abolish the death penalty and life in prison. We call for the immediate release of all death row inmates from death row and transferred to regular prisons.

Release all political prisoners immediately.

Immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Abolish the debt limit.

Ban private gun ownership.

Strengthen the separation of church and state.

Immediate debt forgiveness for all.

End the 'War on Drugs'.

So dig an even deeper hole for America? In all seriousness, though, thanks. We haven't been able to figure out what they wanted in school.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 10:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Make homeschooling illegal. Religious fanatics use it to feed their children propaganda.
Immediate debt forgiveness for all.
These two are just silly.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 8:27:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok One more thing.

The RETARDS at FOX news call "a few kitchen knives" a "Weapons Cache".

Are they trying to say "these people want to overthrow the country violently"? Fail.

What's funny here is, when republicans get mad, they want to have some violent tea party revolution, heck there are a lot of local militias being re instituted down south. They want to overthrow OBAUMU'Z evil socialist regime, but when OCCUPY WALLSTREET comes in with their peace and love equality yeah woohoo, then they go "OH MA GAWD THEYVE GOT KITCHEN KNIVES HOLY JESUS".

GOP: Greedy Old Pricks.
Willoweed
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 7:34:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 8:11:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
There were weapons at the tea party movement.

I don't think its a big deal, but its a somewhat interesting story. Especial since the occupy movement is notoriously a violent movement.

Seriously list some examples
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 10:47:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/24/2011 8:11:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
There were weapons at the tea party movement.

I don't think its a big deal, but its a somewhat interesting story. Especial since the occupy movement is notoriously a violent movement.

Yeah, it's common knowledge that police have used blatant, excessive and usually unwarranted force on protesters. Prove that it is "notoriously violent" the other way around. Debate me on it.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 10:47:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/27/2011 8:27:19 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Ok One more thing.

The RETARDS at FOX news call "a few kitchen knives" a "Weapons Cache".

Are they trying to say "these people want to overthrow the country violently"? Fail.


What's funny here is, when republicans get mad, they want to have some violent tea party revolution, heck there are a lot of local militias being re instituted down south. They want to overthrow OBAUMU'Z evil socialist regime, but when OCCUPY WALLSTREET comes in with their peace and love equality yeah woohoo, then they go "OH MA GAWD THEYVE GOT KITCHEN KNIVES HOLY JESUS".


GOP: Greedy Old Pricks.

Lol, best post Rocky ever made. So true.
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:29:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/3/2011 10:47:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 11/24/2011 8:11:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
There were weapons at the tea party movement.

I don't think its a big deal, but its a somewhat interesting story. Especial since the occupy movement is notoriously a violent movement.

Yeah, it's common knowledge that police have used blatant, excessive and usually unwarranted force on protesters. Prove that it is "notoriously violent" the other way around. Debate me on it.

It will turn into a semantics contest though. One can state that trespassing, blocking and vandalism are not forms of violence, since no physical force was used. However, I consider this a form of violence even If no real physical force was used.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:30:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/3/2011 12:29:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
It will turn into a semantics contest though. One can state that trespassing, blocking and vandalism are not forms of violence, since no physical force was used. However, I consider this a form of violence even If no real physical force was used.

I consider sneezing a form of violence even though no real physical force was used.

It's not a semantics argument. You just can't win.
President of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2011 12:38:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/3/2011 12:30:34 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/3/2011 12:29:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
It will turn into a semantics contest though. One can state that trespassing, blocking and vandalism are not forms of violence, since no physical force was used. However, I consider this a form of violence even If no real physical force was used.

I consider sneezing a form of violence even though no real physical force was used.

It's not a semantics argument. You just can't win.

Change it to the "Movement is unjustified" and we can debate it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 1:09:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/23/2011 11:16:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
*pepper sprays Danielle*
STOP RESISTING YOU DAMN HIPPY!

HAHAHAHA! I wish you could "like" posts on the forums here. That made my day.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:15:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/3/2011 12:38:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 12/3/2011 12:30:34 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/3/2011 12:29:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
It will turn into a semantics contest though. One can state that trespassing, blocking and vandalism are not forms of violence, since no physical force was used. However, I consider this a form of violence even If no real physical force was used.

I consider sneezing a form of violence even though no real physical force was used.

It's not a semantics argument. You just can't win.

Change it to the "Movement is unjustified" and we can debate it.

Um, sure? That seems really vague and I imagine first we'd have to define "movement" and "unjustified." Seems petty, but I'd hate for semantics to be an issue. I'll contact you about it via PM.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:19:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, I just realized that you will simply bring up random occurrences of vandalism and say it wasn't justified. We're going to have to be more specific, and clearly spell out the terms for the audience. But yes, I think the general movement is completely justified.
President of DDO