Jump to topic:

North Korea Towers - Twin Towers Constroversy

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:02:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They're building this tower in NK and many people here in the U.S find it offensive as it looks exactly like the exploding WTC. Do you think this is deliberate or a coincidence, and do you find it offensive?

1. NK - http://img685.imageshack.us...
2. US - http://aviewfromtheright.com...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:37:21 PM
it doesn't sound at all like kim jong to be a complete dick and build an expensive towers to say f*ck you to the US while its people starve. Not at all.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:52:14 PM
At 12/17/2011 6:37:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
it doesn't sound at all like kim jong to be a complete dick and build an expensive towers to say f*ck you to the US while its people starve. Not at all.
It's in South Korea, not North. The OP made a mistake.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 10:06:48 PM
Actually. If you look at pictures of what it looks like then you will be amazed.
They plan to have gardens on top of the supposed explosion blocks(Don't have a name for it)
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 10:19:20 PM
At 12/17/2011 6:52:14 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/17/2011 6:37:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
It's in South Korea, not North. The OP made a mistake.

In that case its probably not, hehe. North Korea vs. South Korea is a big difference.

For my nuclear engineering class, we used a korean website for nuclear data. For the longest time I thought that it was south korea, and was thinking "this is pretty f*cked up." Then I realized it was from south korea.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 10:53:01 PM
HuffPost user LibertariansGhost writes:
"It evokes images of Sept. 11 to those seeking to find images of Sept. 11. No different from finding the image of the 'Virgin Mary' or the face of Christ in a puddle of spilled milk."

Lulz.

The building's central cloud formation was designed to connect the two luxury towers with a pool, restaurants and sky lounges.

I'll bet that was more the idea.

Sooooo, here's the thing.

The completely illogic of designers making buildings that they intend to look like they're exploding notwithstanding...

I think I'm perhaps the first person on the internet (based on what I just saw regarding the issue) that's going to come right out and say no, I don't see any resemblance whatsoever.

What I do see is a very interesting idea. What they did there is maximize a whole lot of space without placing too much weight in the center. From what I can tell, the way it's sticking out on all sides would cause it to stabilize itself. Connecting the two buildings adds further reinforcement, so that it's like two linked buildings rather that two topheavy buildings, which would run the risk of falling over.

As a result, they take up no ground space whatsoever (these are two high-class highrises, so we're talking the Upper East Side of Manhattan), which is perfect for where it is. Nonetheless, it's jammed packed with goodies -- swimming pools, cafes, restaurants, etc. -- without taking away from the size of each luxury suite.

Man, this is some futuristic shtt here -- these Koreans are real Capitalists.

Which further reinforces that they likely have no interest in supporting or recanting the 9/11 incident.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 11:12:10 PM
That's a fuggin cool looking building.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp