Kan. abortion doc killed in church

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2009 6:57:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://hosted.ap.org...

So the anti-abortion supporter shot and killed Dr. Tiller because he "kills babies." And killing is wrong and evil and sinful and unjust and against the 10 commandments and so forth. But shooting and killing someone for dissenting views is ok...? Can anyone explain this logic to me.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2009 7:18:41 PM
I doubt you will find anyone here who supports the murder of that doctor, and I think it's foolish to charge the entire pro-life cause with this event, as you seem to imply.

Case in point: There will always be crazy people, and crazy people will always do crazy things. Every side to every issue has crazy people, and it is unfortunate when these crazy people taint issues like this.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2009 7:28:59 PM
At 5/31/2009 7:18:41 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I doubt you will find anyone here who supports the murder of that doctor, and I think it's foolish to charge the entire pro-life cause with this event, as you seem to imply.

Case in point: There will always be crazy people, and crazy people will always do crazy things. Every side to every issue has crazy people, and it is unfortunate when these crazy people taint issues like this.

I'm not charging the whole pro-life cause on this event. But I know there are some people out there who will use the logic: "The prevention of countless lives lost justifies the killing of one person; thus, the murder of the Dr. prevented the murder of countless unborn babies." I am curious if anyone on this site believes this way and I would like to see their response.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2009 12:02:58 PM
The person in hand was a vigilante. If there was a law stating that abortions are illegal and punishable by death, he still had no right and was a murderer. If a man walks into an illegal weed operation and shoots up everyone there, he's charged with murder even though the people there were dealing in drugs. It's because he doesn't have the right of the law on his side.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Conor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 10:11:37 AM
At 5/31/2009 7:18:41 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Actually, the fact that most mainstream pro-life movements have condemned the murder shows that most pro-lifers don't really equate the killing of unborn fetuses with say, killing normal people. For example, if Osama bin Laden, who is also responsible for thousands of deaths, was killed, who would condemn the attack? The fact the pro-lifers are condemning this attack shows their humanity, but also undermines their argument that "abortion is murder."
pcmbrown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2009 10:13:34 PM
The difference is that feti? are "innocent", while the doctor is not.
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker