Jump to topic:

Jew guilty of fraud shock

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:22:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A self-described "Jewish Indiana Jones" who claimed to have travelled the world to rescue holy Torah scrolls has pleaded guilty to fraud.

Rabbi Menachem Youlus, 50, admitted he had simply made up claims that he personally found and restored Torah scrolls in Europe and Israel.

Prosecutors also said he defrauded the charity he founded and its donors of $862,000 (£545,000).

http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:35:28 AM
What does his heritage or ethnicity have anything to do with the alleged crime? If you'd just come out and say, "I hate Jews," we could move this along alot faster. Be direct! :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:17:30 AM
At 2/3/2012 7:35:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
What does his heritage or ethnicity have anything to do with the alleged crime? If you'd just come out and say, "I hate Jews," we could move this along alot faster. Be direct! :)

Actually, it's about the religion rather than the race: in the past I have posted many critical pieces about other religions, particularly Catholism and Mormonism.

The irony of this story is that the fraudster is a rabbi who ripped-off his fellow Jews.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:26:47 AM
At 2/3/2012 8:17:30 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Actually, it's about the religion rather than the race: in the past I have posted many critical pieces about other religions, particularly Catholism and Mormonism.

The irony of this story is that the fraudster is a rabbi who ripped-off his fellow Jews.

Actually it's about the human being, not the religion, in that a member of some religion, or other affiliation, is no more removed from the character flaws that are systemic of the human animal than anyone else. It's idiotic to think that one human being because of a religious affiliation is less likely to fall into the temptations of greed than someone else who is not, nor is it a greater crime, merely a slightly greater accusation of hypocrisy.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:32:27 AM
At 2/3/2012 8:26:47 AM, innomen wrote:

Actually it's about the human being, not the religion, in that a member of some religion, or other affiliation, is no more removed from the character flaws that are systemic of the human animal than anyone else. It's idiotic to think that one human being because of a religious affiliation is less likely to fall into the temptations of greed than someone else who is not, nor is it a greater crime, merely a slightly greater accusation of hypocrisy.

This. However, I am not averse to mentioning his religion.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:07:54 AM
At 2/3/2012 8:32:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

So, why do you get so uptight when we mention that Stalin and Mao were Communists?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:13:36 AM
At 2/3/2012 9:07:54 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/3/2012 8:32:27 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

So, why do you get so uptight when we mention that Stalin and Mao were Communists?

Because they were not communists. Communism, by definition, is an anarchical system because the state withers away.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:29:52 AM

The irony of this story is that the fraudster is a rabbi who ripped-off his fellow Jews.:

Like Bernie Madoff who "made off" with billions of his fellow Jew's money.

I meet so few Jews who are very religious these days. While there are still enclaves of Hasidic and orthodox Jews, most I know personally are Reformed Jews.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)