Jump to topic:

Brad Manning Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 8:03:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't want to make it appear like I've returned, but yes, I have just started a thread for the first time since leaving. I've had many strange ideas what I would have wanted this thread to be but then I saw this and I knew it was something I had to share immediately. A glimmer of hope inside me says we may actually be able to make history if this gets spread around enough.

http://ecolocalizer.com...

I'm not sure what the process one would go through, exactly, for nominating someone. Nor what the height of the significance is. But I know he deserves the prize so this got me excited. Every winner so far has only obtained money and reputation but awarding it to this man may actually grant him freedom.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:49:20 PM
I agree with all of this except....

"The military footage depicts United States soldiers in a helicopter callously and gleefully killing a group of unarmed Iraqi civilians and Reuters journalists."

1. The pilots were firing on ARMED militia. One of them had a rocket propelled grenade, meant for shooting down helicopters.
2. The militia were intermingling with civilians who were allegedly scouts.
3. There is no hint of "glee" in their tone of voice.
4. The journalists were conversing with militia.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 4:22:46 PM
This is a man that spends 23 hours a day in a cell and has had no trial. I'm just here to say that this is actually way to make the world a better place for this one human being that actually doesn't seem too hard to accomplish, considering he has already won polls for who should win the prize.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 6:35:32 PM
At 2/7/2012 4:22:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
and has had no trial.

Manning will have a military trial, 'cause he's military.