Jump to topic:

Whitney Houston is Dead

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 7:40:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Drugs kill people. Why do the stars always have to take drugs and die, why?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 7:49:16 PM
At 2/11/2012 7:40:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

Because they know something that you don't.
Rob
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 5:35:48 PM
At 2/11/2012 7:49:16 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 2/11/2012 7:40:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

Because they know something that you don't.

Notice, paricularly as of late, it's been all prescription drugs. Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Britney Murphy (and her husband), and now, they're claiming it was the cause of Whitney's death, too. :/
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:26:31 AM
Apparently she was worth $100 million at one point but she managed to jizz the lot on crack. According to some insiders she was reduced to poncing $100 here and $50 there off fans and flunkies to feed her habit. What a shame.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 5:49:14 PM
My FB status kinda expresses my viewpoint on this:

1. WHITNEY HOUSTON IS NOT A LEGEND!!!!!!

2. Dave Markland, Jamie Kirkpatrick, Darren Foster, Daryn Roy, Jordan Rossi, Elijah Bond, Dave Barnsdale, Charlie Wood, Will Blanchard,
... Just a very small number of real legends who have sadly had there lifes taken while serving......

... ... 3. Has it entered your mind that 90% of the worlds smack comes from Afghanistan, while druggies like Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse were using this and spiking veins, infact they were supplying the Taliban with money, who were using this money to buy weapons and make IEDS to kill more British Soldiers in fact soldiers and civilians of many nations.

4. Next time spare a thought for the families of the soldiers who have been killed and honour real heroes.

5. If this offends anyone feel free to remove me from your friends list! but remember its the sacrifice of those brave souls that enables us to speak our own mind and have our own opinion. RIP all who have lost their lives whilst trying to make this world a better place for all of us.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 7:38:13 PM
At 2/13/2012 5:49:14 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

2. Dave Markland, Jamie Kirkpatrick, Darren Foster, Daryn Roy, Jordan Rossi, Elijah Bond, Dave Barnsdale, Charlie Wood, Will Blanchard,
... Just a very small number of real legends who have sadly had there lifes taken while serving......

... ... 3. Has it entered your mind that 90% of the worlds smack comes from Afghanistan, while druggies like Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse were using this and spiking veins, infact they were supplying the Taliban with money, who were using this money to buy weapons and make IEDS to kill more British Soldiers in fact soldiers and civilians of many nations.

4. Next time spare a thought for the families of the soldiers who have been killed and honour real heroes.

5. If this offends anyone feel free to remove me from your friends list! but remember its the sacrifice of those brave souls that enables us to speak our own mind and have our own opinion. RIP all who have lost their lives whilst trying to make this world a better place for all of us.

I found this comment in extremely poor taste. She wasn't just a druggie, she was a human being, a talent that the entertainment world has rarely ever seen before, with a voice powerful enough to bring a whole concert hall, stadium, theatre to silence. Its Bobby Brown's fault that she started using drugs anyway. I also found it a bit crass to somehow mix the troops into this situation as if to justify this apathy in the face of tragedy...

Even if you don't think that much of her,...for God sake she's dead. Have some respect.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 8:22:27 PM
I suppose it's sad. But, people die all the time.

So it goes (to borrow a certain phrase from a certain someone).
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:40:25 AM
Time to take the "trash" out.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:19:51 AM

It is the fault of drug-war supporters, not users. Users would rather make the drugs locally, but people who support the drug war force the monies into the hands of drug-lords and the baddies. In fact, drug-war supporters single-handedly put drug cartels into business. And these supporters are culpable for much more than just soldiers' deaths in the Middle East, they are responsible for the terrorism, rape, and murder in countries like Mexico as well.

Rob
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 2:34:35 PM

+1. +1. Especially to point 4.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 3:57:53 PM
At 2/14/2012 2:34:35 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

-2. -2. And point 4 is utterbullshit; soldiers choose to enter the military in order to make a profit. If they thought they could do it better by entering the labor force or going to school, they would.
Rob
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 4:40:27 PM
At 2/14/2012 3:57:53 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 2/14/2012 2:34:35 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

-2. -2. And point 4 is utterbullshit; soldiers choose to enter the military in order to make a profit. If they thought they could do it better by entering the labor force or going to school, they would.

-3. -3. Ad point 4 is genius; soldiers sacrifice their lives every single day to help ensure freedom for our next generation, and yet, here is this drugged-up singer who is terrible. Which kind of person do you think is better, the courageous, respectable solider or the drugged-up, bad singer?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 5:36:46 PM
At 2/14/2012 4:05:54 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
She deserved what she got with all the drugs she was on.

I'm surprised she lasted this long...

so will you with your cigar smoking,..unless you're genuinely convinced its not dreadfully similar, in which case, the health complications will take you by surprise.

and to employ your insensate logic....you'd deserve it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 5:46:22 PM
Damn, some ruthless motherf*ckers who like to kick the corpse...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:47:33 PM
At 2/14/2012 4:40:27 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
Which kind of person do you think is better, the courageous, respectable solider or the drugged-up, bad singer?

Forget everything else that was said but hold the phone---

To be honest, I was neither shocked nor saddened when I heard the news. Maybe I'm a cynic but all I could think was "She just finished wrapping a movie that was supposed to be her big come back; of course."

But to say she was a bad singer, I don't even---
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:53:00 PM
At 2/14/2012 6:47:33 PM, nonentity wrote:
Which kind of person do you think is better, the courageous, respectable solider or the drugged-up, bad singer?

To be honest, I was neither shocked nor saddened when I heard the news. Maybe I'm a cynic but all I could think was "She just finished wrapping a movie that was supposed to be her big come back; of course."

The most annoying part of that comment is that he thinks mentioning troops and their worthiness of praise somehow justifies any ridiculous comment.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:58:51 PM
At 2/14/2012 5:36:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 2/14/2012 4:05:54 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
She deserved what she got with all the drugs she was on.

I'm surprised she lasted this long...

so will you with your cigar smoking,..unless you're genuinely convinced its not dreadfully similar, in which case, the health complications will take you by surprise.

and to employ your insensate logic....you'd deserve it.

Well I do think cigars are just a LITTLE better for you than crack but you know I could be wrong.

But yes if I end up with mouth cancer one day I'll deserve it.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:09:03 PM
At 2/14/2012 6:53:00 PM, 000ike wrote:

The most annoying part of that comment is that he thinks mentioning troops and their worthiness of praise somehow justifies any ridiculous comment.

Justifies any ridiculous comments? Really? You are saying that troops are not worthy of praise?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:13:41 PM
At 2/14/2012 7:09:03 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Justifies any ridiculous comments? Really? You are saying that troops are not worthy of praise?

Ron-Paul, why do you support Ron Paul? Ron Paul will never be president and the average American considers his ideas dangerous for the country,...you know who REALLY deserve praise, our troops. So instead of praising a washed up politician, why don't you put your username to use and mention a marine's name instead?...unless you DON'T support our troops?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:18:44 PM
At 2/14/2012 7:13:41 PM, 000ike wrote:

Ron-Paul, why do you support Ron Paul? Ron Paul will never be president and the average American considers his ideas dangerous for the country,...you know who REALLY deserve praise, our troops. So instead of praising a washed up politician, why don't you put your username to use and mention a marine's name instead?...unless you DON'T support our troops?

Is a person not allowed to support his own political preference anymore? You have a picture of FDR as your profile avatar. Since you supposedly support the troops, why not change YOUR name to one of the marines that has died overseas or anything relating to troops. Regardless of the possibility of somebody winning the Presidential election, a person will has a right to support whoever he does in the race. That is the most retarded thing that I have ever heard to come out of your mouth, 000ike.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:19:39 PM

I do support troops. And troop safety. That is one reason I support Ron Paul.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:25:23 PM
At 2/14/2012 7:19:39 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

If you really supported troop safety and American safety you would understand that having people, who volunteer for the job by the way, stationed around the world increases over all safety.

I would much rather fight the Iranians on the Straights of Hormuz than in the Gulf of Mexico for example.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:30:03 PM
At 2/14/2012 7:25:23 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/14/2012 7:19:39 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

If you really supported troop safety and American safety you would understand that having people, who volunteer for the job by the way, stationed around the world increases over all safety.

If you supported troop safety, who wouldn't send troops into a useless war that is accomplishing nothing besides killing innocent soldiers and civilians.
I would much rather fight the Iranians on the Straights of Hormuz than in the Gulf of Mexico for example.
I would too. And it would be easier to do this if we decreased troop presence in the Middle East significantly.
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:33:12 PM

What does supporting Ron Paul have to do with this argument? People are entitled to their own opinion
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:37:16 PM
At 2/14/2012 8:33:12 PM, Yarely wrote:

What does supporting Ron Paul have to do with this argument? People are entitled to their own opinion

You missed the point. I was mimicking Ron-Paul, who evidently believes mentioning the troops justifies any comment.