Jump to topic:

Autonomous Vehicles!!

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:47:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
this is the wildest idea I've ever seen. Imagine if these were everywhere on the road by 2025. The number of car accidents would capsize, traffic would be history, getting to places would take half the time. You can text and drive and do anything actually. http://www.pbs.org...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:48:58 PM
The person in the video is going straight. That doesn't require the wheel. The hard part about these cars is transmitting the information to other cars beside them. I don't see this reducing accidents, but instead increasing them.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:49:17 PM
Lol, my father has been talking about this for years, and I just called him crazy

Maybe I'll have to eat my words.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:58:15 PM
At 2/23/2012 9:48:58 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The person in the video is going straight. That doesn't require the wheel. The hard part about these cars is transmitting the information to other cars beside them. I don't see this reducing accidents, but instead increasing them.

Computers are perfect and flawless, they do not make mistakes,...if they make a mistake it's because of human activity or human error in its manufacture. How would a computer, that can calculate to brake 100 times faster than a human brain increase accidents?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 6:42:35 AM
At 2/23/2012 9:58:15 PM, 000ike wrote:

Computers are perfect and flawless, they do not make mistakes,...if they make a mistake it's because of human activity or human error in its manufacture. How would a computer, that can calculate to brake 100 times faster than a human brain increase accidents?

Mistakes. Simple as that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 1:53:30 PM
I predicted this to myself a while ago, a system of GPS controlled cars who observe other cars on the road with technology like the cars at the ride at Disney where if you get too close to another car you slow down and adjust.

The cars will have a sensor net that detect all other vehicals around them while making their way to the destination via GPS and satellite uplink.

The future is here!

Between global wi-fi, tablets, and the new Google Glasses (check it out if you haven't heard about this yet), we are truly living in the future!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 2:10:48 PM
At 2/24/2012 1:53:30 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I predicted this to myself a while ago, a system of GPS controlled cars who observe other cars on the road with technology like the cars at the ride at Disney where if you get too close to another car you slow down and adjust.

The cars will have a sensor net that detect all other vehicals around them while making their way to the destination via GPS and satellite uplink.

The future is here!

Between global wi-fi, tablets, and the new Google Glasses (check it out if you haven't heard about this yet), we are truly living in the future!

Only a matter of time before our robot overlords put us in our place.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 6:33:53 PM
At 2/23/2012 9:47:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
this is the wildest idea I've ever seen. Imagine if these were everywhere on the road by 2025. The number of car accidents would capsize, traffic would be history, getting to places would take half the time. You can text and drive and do anything actually. http://www.pbs.org...

Like I would ever put my life in the hands of GPS navigation. Turn left over the cliff in 1/2 mile.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 6:35:39 PM

Damn my computer frozeup again Hmm, I didn't tell it to that.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 6:37:14 PM
At 2/24/2012 6:35:39 PM, sadolite wrote:

Damn my computer frozeup again Hmm, I didn't tell it to that.

"Tell it to do that"

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 6:37:17 PM
It seems promising, although there needs to be thorough testing on this. I'd like to see a day where there are no more accidents on the roadway and where casualties in the car are front-page news.