Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Not featured on Visit Orlando's website...

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 12:18:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are you a young black male?
Do you own a hoodie?
Do you have enough cash to buy a soda and bag of Skittles?
Are you suicidal?

If the answers to the above questions is "yes" but you are not sure which is the best way shuffle off this mortal coil, then grab your hoodie and get yourself over to Orlando, Florida. Then just wander the suburbs with your hood up and it will only be a matter of time before a racist "gun enthusiast" like George Zimmermann blows you away for looking "suspicious".

But wait, I hear you say, I don't want to get anybody into to trouble. Don't worry, armed racists who prowl the streets, killing innocent members of the public for being "suspicious" (i.e. young and black) are not even arrested provided they claim they acted in self-defence – or so it would seem...

http://www.independent.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 6:00:59 PM
This story is truly sad. They've released audio of the boy screaming for his life before the gunshot goes off... Sad story. Pray for the boy's family.

And I haven't seen you around lately, how've you been keeping?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 6:02:57 PM
How do you know so much about American news? I can't name one thing that's going on in Britain :/
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:27:10 AM
At 3/22/2012 6:02:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
How do you know so much about American news? I can't name one thing that's going on in Britain :/

This story made the headlines over here too: it was perhaps even more shocking to us because nobody here carries guns – not even the police are armed.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:33:59 AM
At 3/23/2012 5:27:10 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

This story made the headlines over here too: it was perhaps even more shocking to us because nobody here carries guns – not even the police are armed.

You're shocked that US citizens carry guns :/. Thought that was pretty well known.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:59:03 AM
At 3/23/2012 5:33:59 AM, darkkermit wrote:

You're shocked that US citizens carry guns :/. Thought that was pretty well known.

No, I knew that (most of my family live in the US and I visit America regularly) it's just stories like this one, and school shootings and the like, bring home to us just how lucky we are to live in a country where gun ownership is so tightly controlled.

For example, if you are found with a gun, even if it has never been taken out of your own home, it's a minimum of five years in prison, no excuses accepted. You see, keeping an illegal firearm just isn't worth the risk for most criminals.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 8:03:54 AM
At 3/23/2012 7:59:03 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

No, I knew that (most of my family live in the US and I visit America regularly) it's just stories like this one, and school shootings and the like, bring home to us just how lucky we are to live in a country where gun ownership is so tightly controlled.

For example, if you are found with a gun, even if it has never been taken out of your own home, it's a minimum of five years in prison, no excuses accepted. You see, keeping an illegal firearm just isn't worth the risk for most criminals.

I agree with your sentiments. But like most things, if we go back far enough, it too can be blamed on the British.
Debate.org Moderator
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:45:57 AM
At 3/23/2012 8:03:54 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

I agree with your sentiments. But like most things, if we go back far enough, it too can be blamed on the British.

Very true. My ancestors have lot to answer for!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 11:50:46 AM

Yeah we carry guns because the 2nd amendment in the Constitution says we can! And the 2nd amendment was written so we could protect ourselves from the British if they ever came back :P
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 4:45:19 PM

Don't be silly, criminals don't follow laws, and throwing someone in prison for 5 years (on the taxpayers dime) because they buy a product is absurd and morally repugnant.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 4:55:34 PM
At 3/23/2012 4:45:19 PM, thett3 wrote:

Don't be silly, criminals don't follow laws, and throwing someone in prison for 5 years (on the taxpayers dime) because they buy a product is absurd and morally repugnant.

You sure do love to toss the word "moral" around,...for a word that doesn't have a lot of meaning. If we may own guns then why can't we own RPGs, C-4 explosives, and all other military-grade weapons in the name of "self-defense"? What ever argument you have for their exclusion can easily be applied to guns.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 4:56:00 PM

you know when you banned handguns crime with handguns rose right?
http://news.bbc.co.uk...
http://gunowners.org...
http://www.lewrockwell.com...
http://news.bbc.co.uk...

^^
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 4:58:23 PM

yeah if they are planning to murder people they will not care if they get another 5 years slapped onto the sentence saying he did it with a gun. And there is this:
http://www.nraila.org...=
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 10:05:56 PM
At 3/23/2012 4:55:34 PM, 000ike wrote:

You sure do love to toss the word "moral" around,...for a word that doesn't have a lot of meaning. If we may own guns then why can't we own RPGs, C-4 explosives, and all other military-grade weapons in the name of "self-defense"? What ever argument you have for their exclusion can easily be applied to guns.

Why not? So long as you don't use them to aggress on others.

I'm sorry that you don't recognize objective moral values, I would be really upset to think that people are just a bunch of atoms and chemicals undergoing some process.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:34:03 AM
He's not going to get charged.

It was in self-defence.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 10:55:03 AM
Geraldo might have stated the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life... and that's saying alot. What a reckless, insensitive, and idiotic thing to say.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:53:22 PM

Man's house is his castle ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 1:52:06 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:34:03 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

It was in self-defence.

Yeah, i could see how chasing down a young, unarmed teenager because he looks "suspicious" while you yourself are armed could be in self defense.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 3:50:51 PM
At 3/24/2012 10:34:03 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

It was in self-defence.

He killed an unarmed child after following him despite explicitly told not to. Lordknuckle, your brain is dysfunctional, and that's the kindest and most restrained way I can put that.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 3:52:34 PM
It's amazing how seriously everybody takes my trolling.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 4:03:55 PM
At 3/24/2012 3:52:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
It's amazing how seriously everybody takes my trolling.

oh, sorry about that
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 4:06:15 PM

Florida seems to be getting a lot of international attention lately for some reason. I remember being in Europe a few months back and hearing about Casey Anthony stuff on the news there.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 4:09:28 PM
At 3/24/2012 4:06:15 PM, Rusty wrote:

Florida seems to be getting a lot of international attention lately for some reason. I remember being in Europe a few months back and hearing about Casey Anthony stuff on the news there.

...that WASN'T intended to downplay the seriousness of this btw. It's good that this wasn't just swept under the rug of course.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 4:51:18 PM
The issue apparently isn't as one sided as everyone is making it. There must be a lot we don't know yet.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler