Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Perverted incest couple lose court battle

brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2012 11:11:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A filthy, depraved sex fiend who fathered four children with his own sister, two of which were born disabled as the result of inbreeding, who had argued that he and his sick, debauched sister had the right to a family life, have lost their European Court case. The European Court of Human Rights said Germany, where the pair live, was entitled to ban incest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

http://www.welt.de...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 12:44:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Quite a few adjectives in that post. You're trigger-happy with the adjectives. Trigger-happy, I say!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 12:50:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I actually do not have a problem with them doing as they please. It is not something that I would do myself, but I do not have a problem with it.
lannan13
Posts: 23,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:01:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
WTF has this world come to.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:01:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

Yes, it is a taboo subject. And probably for decent reason- if everyone engaged in incest, it could be detrimental to the genetic health of the group. But really, there are actually benefits to it as well. It's bad, but not as bad as people often make it out to be.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:17:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Lol no, but I do have loads of cousins.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

But why? We've got people marrying people twice, thrice their age; we've got people marrying people their own sex, and we have kind of accepted them. Why not accept this? I mean... is it really different from a homosexual relationship? In a societal context?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:19:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:17:23 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Lol no, but I do have loads of cousins.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

But why? We've got people marrying people twice, thrice their age; we've got people marrying people their own sex, and we have kind of accepted them. Why not accept this? I mean... is it really different from a homosexual relationship? In a societal context?

This. We do not accept the biological argument or procreation argument when we discuss homosexuality, so I see no reason to apply it to these cases as well.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:26:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

aaye, you can't really say that though. These people are obviously attracted to each other. And it wasn't much longer than a century ago that marrying cousins and siblings was completely 100% normal and especially encouraged for high classes. Of course, these folks weren't necessarily attracted to each other- there were many marriages arranged for economic reasons. But the fact that it wasn't so taboo should be a sign that the repulsion is not 100% biologically driven.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:32:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am disgusted at incest as well but freedom is more important. If the couple in the article wanted to have a family, they should be allowed to do so. I don't see any reason for there to be a law against something that has no negative consequences to anyone besides disgust. Just because people are disgusted with it doesn't justify it being illegal.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:36:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:32:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am disgusted at incest as well but freedom is more important. If the couple in the article wanted to have a family, they should be allowed to do so. I don't see any reason for there to be a law against something that has no negative consequences to anyone besides disgust. Just because people are disgusted with it doesn't justify it being illegal.

Yeah... I guess it has some religion thrown into it too. The source of this info isn't really respectable, but I think I remember from some fluffy hollywood movie that the church bans incest-ual marriages. So I guess it routes from that. It's almost exactly like homosexuality :O
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:26:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

aaye, you can't really say that though. These people are obviously attracted to each other. And it wasn't much longer than a century ago that marrying cousins and siblings was completely 100% normal and especially encouraged for high classes. Of course, these folks weren't necessarily attracted to each other- there were many marriages arranged for economic reasons. But the fact that it wasn't so taboo should be a sign that the repulsion is not 100% biologically driven.

Okay, so biologically, it's not the worse thing in the world. (disabled people have just the same chances of having disabled offspring.) Why do so many people today seem to be disgusted by it?

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:50:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It is blergh. But why must it be made illegal just because it is "blergh?"
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:51:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:50:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It is blergh. But why must it be made illegal just because it is "blergh?"

This is how I feel about it ^
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:55:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:26:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

aaye, you can't really say that though. These people are obviously attracted to each other. And it wasn't much longer than a century ago that marrying cousins and siblings was completely 100% normal and especially encouraged for high classes. Of course, these folks weren't necessarily attracted to each other- there were many marriages arranged for economic reasons. But the fact that it wasn't so taboo should be a sign that the repulsion is not 100% biologically driven.

Okay, so biologically, it's not the worse thing in the world. (disabled people have just the same chances of having disabled offspring.) Why do so many people today seem to be disgusted by it?

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It may be partly cultural partly biological- incest is the most widely held taboo in the world. But people still have a desire for it nonetheless.

As far as I know they aren't hurting anyone by doing so. I wonder what the rate of child deformities born from incestuous parents is? If it is significantly higher than the general population, that might be a good reason to make incest illegal. Maybe.

But I think the laws on it might be uninformed, as incest between two people who aren't even blood-related is illegal in at least some places. That is definitely not right. I remember hearing a news story about it a while back but I can't place the time and place.....
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:56:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:50:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It is blergh. But why must it be made illegal just because it is "blergh?"

i never said it should be made illegal. idk why it is.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:58:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:55:05 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:26:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

aaye, you can't really say that though. These people are obviously attracted to each other. And it wasn't much longer than a century ago that marrying cousins and siblings was completely 100% normal and especially encouraged for high classes. Of course, these folks weren't necessarily attracted to each other- there were many marriages arranged for economic reasons. But the fact that it wasn't so taboo should be a sign that the repulsion is not 100% biologically driven.

Okay, so biologically, it's not the worse thing in the world. (disabled people have just the same chances of having disabled offspring.) Why do so many people today seem to be disgusted by it?

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It may be partly cultural partly biological- incest is the most widely held taboo in the world. But people still have a desire for it nonetheless.

As far as I know they aren't hurting anyone by doing so. I wonder what the rate of child deformities born from incestuous parents is? If it is significantly higher than the general population, that might be a good reason to make incest illegal. Maybe.

But I think the laws on it might be uninformed, as incest between two people who aren't even blood-related is illegal in at least some places. That is definitely not right. I remember hearing a news story about it a while back but I can't place the time and place.....

i read in the article, or another one like it after clicking around a bit, that it was 50% chance of being disabled.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:58:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:56:27 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:50:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It is blergh. But why must it be made illegal just because it is "blergh?"

i never said it should be made illegal. idk why it is.

I was arguing against the article presented by the OP.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:00:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:58:13 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:55:05 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:48:03 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:26:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:11:15 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 12:50:30 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You know, I know I might get a lot of WTF looks for it, but I never was grossed out by incest. Brother sister incest, I mean. Obviously, not something I would do myself, because I am close to all my cousins, and sister; but like in this case- he never met her till they were in their teens. She was like any other girl he'd have met, just that she was his sister.

Incest seems a bit desperate to me, but never invokes disgust.

you don't have a brother, do you? lol.

Actually, it is still kind of strange even if they haven't met. Our instincts attract us to people that have different genes from us. To go against that and lust after a sibling is a bit... twisted.

aaye, you can't really say that though. These people are obviously attracted to each other. And it wasn't much longer than a century ago that marrying cousins and siblings was completely 100% normal and especially encouraged for high classes. Of course, these folks weren't necessarily attracted to each other- there were many marriages arranged for economic reasons. But the fact that it wasn't so taboo should be a sign that the repulsion is not 100% biologically driven.

Okay, so biologically, it's not the worse thing in the world. (disabled people have just the same chances of having disabled offspring.) Why do so many people today seem to be disgusted by it?

I guess it's cultural. I mean, not to compare the two, but there were times when many people thought homosexuality was disgusting. There are still plenty that do, although acceptance for it is much more common now.

I just.. a brother and sister.. thats... blergh. Whatever floats their boat, I guess O.o

It may be partly cultural partly biological- incest is the most widely held taboo in the world. But people still have a desire for it nonetheless.

As far as I know they aren't hurting anyone by doing so. I wonder what the rate of child deformities born from incestuous parents is? If it is significantly higher than the general population, that might be a good reason to make incest illegal. Maybe.

But I think the laws on it might be uninformed, as incest between two people who aren't even blood-related is illegal in at least some places. That is definitely not right. I remember hearing a news story about it a while back but I can't place the time and place.....

i read in the article, or another one like it after clicking around a bit, that it was 50% chance of being disabled.

lol yeah, that's pretty significant. But still, it's hard for me to accept the government telling people whom they can and can't marry and/or have sex with. Maybe if it became a problem- where the majority of the population was doing it- then it becomes a public health issue. But it seems doubtful most people will give up their repulsion for incest just because it becomes legal.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:03:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 1:58:13 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i read in the article, or another one like it after clicking around a bit, that it was 50% chance of being disabled.

i'm trying to look up a more legit answer but no luck.. even so. Disabled people are allowed to have babies so the logic isn't really justified.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:03:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 2:03:04 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/13/2012 1:58:13 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i read in the article, or another one like it after clicking around a bit, that it was 50% chance of being disabled.

i'm trying to look up a more legit answer but no luck.. even so. Disabled people are allowed to have babies so the logic isn't really justified.

exactly.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:04:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 2:02:46 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Not entirely related, but I wonder why most of the erotic stories have incest as theme. I guess there is niche market for that sort of stuff.

hmmm... I was not aware of that...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:08:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just found this article. now, of course, I have no clue who this person is or where they got their facts from, but it's interesting nonetheless:

Incest is disapproved of in our society, but that does not make it "wrong." Some people have very strong feelings about it and they tend to think that anything that they have strong negative feelings about is "wrong." The same thing was said about the earth being round. It was a matter of "faith" that it was flat. And there are still some people who think it is flat. Or what was even more interesting is when Ben Franklin came up with the lightning rod, most of the religious leaders condemned it because they said it interfered with God's retribution and was the work of the devil. So, is incest right or wrong? It is neither. If you really, really, really want to know about incest you can study it and you will discover the underlying biological principles that lead to the incest taboo (as it is called.) First off, incest is common throughout the animal kingdom and that includes us. The available studies indicate that about 98% of all incest is between sisters and brothers of about the same age. 1% is between parents and children, and the other 1% between aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews. But it is a difficult topic to research because very few people will admit to practicing incest. But studies have been done, although many of them are tainted because they deal with situations where the police have been involved. But there have been other studies and they give the numbers I cited above.

There are a few things that should be cleared up. The chances of having a malformed child by sex with a relative are actually less than by having sex with random people. Now, this makes a lot of people unhappy, but there are very sound biological reasons for this. First off, over half of all human impregnations result in miscarriages, which means that if there is a genetic problem, mother nature takes care of it by not allowing the embryo to go full term. So if a brother impregnates his sister, it is more likely that mother nature will do her job and cause a miscarriage than allow a malformed baby to go full term. We all know about malformed babies that are born to people who are not related, but there is not any available hard evidence that incest actually produces more malformed babies. What there is is a hysterical scare tactic about it. And scare tactics are not evidence.
But the incest taboo is real. So where does it comes from? It comes from our natural biological urges. We have a biological urge to protect our children, to shield them from strangers, in short, to keep them alive. That's one thing.
Then there is another of our biological urges. We are a raping species. If males had their way, whenever they saw a sexually desirable females, they would feel no guilt about raping her--if they could get away with it. This is apparent wherever the laws of civilization are not enforced. Prisons are one good example, but that is mostly males raping males. During wartime, in combat areas, it very common for soldiers to rape any females they come across. And if you follow the news, especially the BBC which does not sugar-coat the news like the USA news channels do, you would be aware of all the raping that is going on in Africa right now by the militias, etc. So, what this means to incest is that we try to protect our children from being raped, which is what would happen to them if we did not have strong laws against it. So we create a hysterical situation wherein if anyone, especially a close relative, shows a sexual interest in a child, it raises very strong feelings of protectiveness. But it has nothing to do with incest, it has to do with us being a raping species.
That's the very basics, there is more, but this will probably make a large number of people foam at the mouth, so what's the point? Well, there is a point, but it is not what you may think.
When you try to find out what is actually going on, if you have made up your mind about something, like incest is wrong, you automatically turn off anyone who wants to discuss it rationally. It is too sensitive a topic for people to open themselves up to judgmental types, even if they are friends. So you can go blissfully along with your firm beliefs and no one is going to contradict you because it is just too much trouble.
But when, over a lifetime, you gain the trust of people by not being judgmental, they start to open up. It may take years and even decades, but you hear the stories and secrets that they don't even tell their spouses or closest friends.
Men tell you about jerking off while feeling up a sleeping little sister. Girls tell you about sucking off three year old boys while babysitting. Mothers confess to doing the same with their baby sons. Fathers too, and to both sons and daughters. But it mostly stops when the kids are 3 or 4. What does not stop are brothers and sisters boldly exploring each other's sexuality. How does it happen? It mostly happens in homes where both parents work.

Scientists have discovered that children created from incestuous relationships have been born with problems in their genetics because of the similar DNA the parents have from being blood related. I suppose people do not want the children to suffer and be born with disorders or disabilities. Although i do not see how that applies when the couple are of the same gender, or do not want kids. I blame society! LOVE IS LOVE!!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:10:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
All kinds of people are described as disabled these days, what are their disabilities?

Certainly, incest increases the odds, but first cousins is roughly on the scale of over 40 I read, brothers and sisters is a little closer but not much, how much worse can it be?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:15:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 2:08:19 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Just found this article. now, of course, I have no clue who this person is or where they got their facts from, but it's interesting nonetheless:

Incest is disapproved of in our society, but that does not make it "wrong." Some people have very strong feelings about it and they tend to think that anything that they have strong negative feelings about is "wrong." The same thing was said about the earth being round. It was a matter of "faith" that it was flat. And there are still some people who think it is flat. Or what was even more interesting is when Ben Franklin came up with the lightning rod, most of the religious leaders condemned it because they said it interfered with God's retribution and was the work of the devil. So, is incest right or wrong? It is neither. If you really, really, really want to know about incest you can study it and you will discover the underlying biological principles that lead to the incest taboo (as it is called.) First off, incest is common throughout the animal kingdom and that includes us. The available studies indicate that about 98% of all incest is between sisters and brothers of about the same age. 1% is between parents and children, and the other 1% between aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews. But it is a difficult topic to research because very few people will admit to practicing incest. But studies have been done, although many of them are tainted because they deal with situations where the police have been involved. But there have been other studies and they give the numbers I cited above.

There are a few things that should be cleared up. The chances of having a malformed child by sex with a relative are actually less than by having sex with random people. Now, this makes a lot of people unhappy, but there are very sound biological reasons for this. First off, over half of all human impregnations result in miscarriages, which means that if there is a genetic problem, mother nature takes care of it by not allowing the embryo to go full term. So if a brother impregnates his sister, it is more likely that mother nature will do her job and cause a miscarriage than allow a malformed baby to go full term. We all know about malformed babies that are born to people who are not related, but there is not any available hard evidence that incest actually produces more malformed babies. What there is is a hysterical scare tactic about it. And scare tactics are not evidence.
But the incest taboo is real. So where does it comes from? It comes from our natural biological urges. We have a biological urge to protect our children, to shield them from strangers, in short, to keep them alive. That's one thing.
Then there is another of our biological urges. We are a raping species. If males had their way, whenever they saw a sexually desirable females, they would feel no guilt about raping her--if they could get away with it. This is apparent wherever the laws of civilization are not enforced. Prisons are one good example, but that is mostly males raping males. During wartime, in combat areas, it very common for soldiers to rape any females they come across. And if you follow the news, especially the BBC which does not sugar-coat the news like the USA news channels do, you would be aware of all the raping that is going on in Africa right now by the militias, etc. So, what this means to incest is that we try to protect our children from being raped, which is what would happen to them if we did not have strong laws against it. So we create a hysterical situation wherein if anyone, especially a close relative, shows a sexual interest in a child, it raises very strong feelings of protectiveness. But it has nothing to do with incest, it has to do with us being a raping species.
That's the very basics, there is more, but this will probably make a large number of people foam at the mouth, so what's the point? Well, there is a point, but it is not what you may think.
When you try to find out what is actually going on, if you have made up your mind about something, like incest is wrong, you automatically turn off anyone who wants to discuss it rationally. It is too sensitive a topic for people to open themselves up to judgmental types, even if they are friends. So you can go blissfully along with your firm beliefs and no one is going to contradict you because it is just too much trouble.
But when, over a lifetime, you gain the trust of people by not being judgmental, they start to open up. It may take years and even decades, but you hear the stories and secrets that they don't even tell their spouses or closest friends.
Men tell you about jerking off while feeling up a sleeping little sister. Girls tell you about sucking off three year old boys while babysitting. Mothers confess to doing the same with their baby sons. Fathers too, and to both sons and daughters. But it mostly stops when the kids are 3 or 4. What does not stop are brothers and sisters boldly exploring each other's sexuality. How does it happen? It mostly happens in homes where both parents work.


Scientists have discovered that children created from incestuous relationships have been born with problems in their genetics because of the similar DNA the parents have from being blood related. I suppose people do not want the children to suffer and be born with disorders or disabilities. Although i do not see how that applies when the couple are of the same gender, or do not want kids. I blame society! LOVE IS LOVE!!

Interesting, but I certainly see things I disagree with- moral, political, and scientific points.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 2:44:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 2:15:00 PM, Oryus wrote:

Interesting, but I certainly see things I disagree with- moral, political, and scientific points.

Yeah, it was more or less just someone sharing their own opinions.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...