Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Liberal Neo-Nazis Assault Glen Beck

PervRat
Posts: 963
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 2:36:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.reuters.com...

Clearly this is a liberal conspiracy, all these companies are in league with the Black Panthers Klan who want to destroy freedom of speech, kill granny and stop the reporting of the truth!
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 6:37:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The removal of advertising from his program will hopefully encourage him to be more "fair and balanced". If he does not change, Fox News will feel the pains of this loss and replace him.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:12:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network, so there has been no revenue lost
ZT
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2009 8:47:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/14/2009 6:37:08 PM, wjmelements wrote:
The removal of advertising from his program will hopefully encourage him to be more "fair and balanced". If he does not change, Fox News will feel the pains of this loss and replace him.

The beauty of the free market.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2009 8:59:54 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/14/2009 8:12:36 PM, Nags wrote:
A Fox representative noted that Geico is dropping its ads from the show but was quick to note that it was shifting dollars to other programs. The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network, so there has been no revenue lost

Only Geico are doing it because they're big enough.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2009 9:49:09 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
"I do understand why Men's Warehouse pulled their support. It's not political: it's just that Beck's demographic tends to wear homemade suits made of tin-foil."

-Stephen Colbert
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2009 7:48:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/19/2009 8:59:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/14/2009 8:12:36 PM, Nags wrote:
A Fox representative noted that Geico is dropping its ads from the show but was quick to note that it was shifting dollars to other programs. The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network, so there has been no revenue lost

Only Geico are doing it because they're big enough.

Huh?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2009 4:43:34 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/19/2009 7:48:19 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/19/2009 8:59:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/14/2009 8:12:36 PM, Nags wrote:
A Fox representative noted that Geico is dropping its ads from the show but was quick to note that it was shifting dollars to other programs. The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network, so there has been no revenue lost

Only Geico are doing it because they're big enough.

Huh?

Geico = Big Insurance firm

Others = Small firms.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2009 11:23:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/20/2009 4:43:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/19/2009 7:48:19 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/19/2009 8:59:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/14/2009 8:12:36 PM, Nags wrote:
A Fox representative noted that Geico is dropping its ads from the show but was quick to note that it was shifting dollars to other programs. The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network, so there has been no revenue lost

Only Geico are doing it because they're big enough.

Huh?

Geico = Big Insurance firm

Others = Small firms.

I still don't get your point.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2009 5:12:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/20/2009 11:23:53 AM, Nags wrote:
At 8/20/2009 4:43:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Geico = Big Insurance firm

Others = Small firms.

I still don't get your point.

I think he means because Geico is a much larger firm with much bigger advertising budget and resources to get the word out about their corporation, they can opt out from having to advertise on Beck's show without any serious harm to their advertising.

Small firms, on the other hand, cannot afford this luxury, as Glenn Beck does have high viewership for most likely a low cost to advertise on. They also cannot simply switch where they advertise right away, since it would hurt their business more.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2009 5:18:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/20/2009 5:12:22 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 8/20/2009 11:23:53 AM, Nags wrote:
At 8/20/2009 4:43:34 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Geico = Big Insurance firm

Others = Small firms.

I still don't get your point.

I think he means because Geico is a much larger firm with much bigger advertising budget and resources to get the word out about their corporation, they can opt out from having to advertise on Beck's show without any serious harm to their advertising.

Small firms, on the other hand, cannot afford this luxury, as Glenn Beck does have high viewership for most likely a low cost to advertise on. They also cannot simply switch where they advertise right away, since it would hurt their business more.

I was kind of implying the opposite. Smaller firms can opt out completely because they're not known. Geico, on the other hand, are at the public whims, even those of Fox viewers. Ergo, if they pulled out completely, it would be well documented, which is why they are shifting dollars elsewhere in Fox.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 10:34:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://tvbythenumbers.com...

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it's pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O'Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O'Reilly (888K to 876K). I don't watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.

FYI- Chris Matthews of MSNBC would need to multiply his viewership by 6 to be tied with Glenn Beck.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 10:37:03 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/28/2009 10:34:53 AM, Nags wrote:
http://tvbythenumbers.com...

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it's pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O'Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O'Reilly (888K to 876K). I don't watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.

FYI- Chris Matthews of MSNBC would need to multiply his viewership by 6 to be tied with Glenn Beck.

Well, remember the last person to spin lies on that large a scale?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 1:54:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/28/2009 10:37:03 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Well, remember the last person to spin lies on that large a scale?

True. We shouldn't listen to BS'ers like Obama.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 2:02:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 8/28/2009 1:54:20 PM, Nags wrote:
At 8/28/2009 10:37:03 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Well, remember the last person to spin lies on that large a scale?

True. We shouldn't listen to BS'ers like Obama.

I know you hate The Young Turks, but they do really good refuting of Glenn Beck. Today they did his little chalkboard conspiracies. Obama IS a DRAGON! :
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 2:41:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I just wanna note that TYT left out the parts in the previous days where Beck did make the connections. TYT also took out parts of the Beck clip they were showing, which is misleading.

Van Jones is the Green Jobs Czar and a confessed communist. CHECK

Jeff Jones was a writer of the Stimulus Bill. He is a director of the Apollo Alliance and a founding member of the Weatherman, radical extremist domestic terrorist groups. CHECK

Rashied Khalidi was a former member of the Palestine Liberazation Organization, which the State Department labels as a terrorist organization, and held fundraisers for Obama. CHECK

Carl Davidson (Students for a Democratic Society) is a confessed Marxist. He held a rally for Barack Obama and is now head of a group called Progressives for Obama. CHECK

THE YOUNG TURKS RULE!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

No..
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2009 11:03:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Glenn Beck wins.

Van Jones just resigned. After two weeks of ranting about Van Jones, Glenn Beck may have actually done something productive.

http://hosted.ap.org...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 6:50:48 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/5/2009 11:03:39 PM, Nags wrote:
Glenn Beck wins.

Van Jones just resigned. After two weeks of ranting about Van Jones, Glenn Beck may have actually done something productive.

http://hosted.ap.org...

"suggesting a government role in the Sept. 11 attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans."


"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."


Yeah, Beck really hit the nail on the head with Van Jones communist conspiracy theory link to Obama.

He resigned because he attacked Republicans, who in turn attacked back. Van Jones realised it was better for Obama if he resigned altogether.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 10:26:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 6:50:48 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/5/2009 11:03:39 PM, Nags wrote:
Glenn Beck wins.

Van Jones just resigned. After two weeks of ranting about Van Jones, Glenn Beck may have actually done something productive.

http://hosted.ap.org...

"suggesting a government role in the Sept. 11 attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans."


"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."


Yeah, Beck really hit the nail on the head with Van Jones communist conspiracy theory link to Obama.

He resigned because he attacked Republicans, who in turn attacked back. Van Jones realised it was better for Obama if he resigned altogether.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."
>Who do you think Van Jones is talking about here?

And obviously, the White House or Van Jones is not going to come out and say "Uh.. yeah.. due to pressure from Glenn Beck.. Van Jones is resigning." If Glenn Beck didn't talk about Van Jones for the past two weeks, with 3 million viewers each day, on the most watched cable news network, then it's pretty safe to say Van Jones would still be a czar.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 10:47:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 10:26:41 AM, Nags wrote:
At 9/6/2009 6:50:48 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

"suggesting a government role in the Sept. 11 attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans."


"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."


Yeah, Beck really hit the nail on the head with Van Jones communist conspiracy theory link to Obama.

He resigned because he attacked Republicans, who in turn attacked back. Van Jones realised it was better for Obama if he resigned altogether.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."
>Who do you think Van Jones is talking about here?

Republicans in general who are targeting him over the above controversial comments.


And obviously, the White House or Van Jones is not going to come out and say "Uh.. yeah.. due to pressure from Glenn Beck.. Van Jones is resigning." If Glenn Beck didn't talk about Van Jones for the past two weeks, with 3 million viewers each day, on the most watched cable news network, then it's pretty safe to say Van Jones would still be a czar.

Czar? You mean Environmental advisor. Again, Beck is leis and distortion. He over-blows the point to fear monger. If Van Jones resigned over this, wouldn't the whole Communist Obama administration collapse like a House of Cards?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 11:10:25 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 10:47:39 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/6/2009 10:26:41 AM, Nags wrote:
And obviously, the White House or Van Jones is not going to come out and say "Uh.. yeah.. due to pressure from Glenn Beck.. Van Jones is resigning." If Glenn Beck didn't talk about Van Jones for the past two weeks, with 3 million viewers each day, on the most watched cable news network, then it's pretty safe to say Van Jones would still be a czar.

Czar? You mean Environmental advisor.

He was the Green Jobs Czar, not an environmental advisor.

Again, Beck is leis and distortion. He over-blows the point to fear monger.

Lies and distorsion? You already tried to prove Beck is a liar and I proved you wrong. It can be argued that TYT are fear-mongers too.

If Van Jones resigned over this, wouldn't the whole Communist Obama administration collapse like a House of Cards?

This question makes no sense.

>>If you want to think that Glenn Beck was not the main cause of Van Jones's resignation, that is fine with me. Because if he was, then that means the Godly Young Turks are wrong. You can live in your Marxist dystopia where conservatives are always wrong and far-lefters are always right, it is safer that way and you feel better about yourself.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 11:49:21 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 11:10:25 AM, Nags wrote:
At 9/6/2009 10:47:39 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 9/6/2009 10:26:41 AM, Nags wrote:
And obviously, the White House or Van Jones is not going to come out and say "Uh.. yeah.. due to pressure from Glenn Beck.. Van Jones is resigning." If Glenn Beck didn't talk about Van Jones for the past two weeks, with 3 million viewers each day, on the most watched cable news network, then it's pretty safe to say Van Jones would still be a czar.

Czar? You mean Environmental advisor.

He was the Green Jobs Czar, not an environmental advisor.

He was a czar, but czars were in every administration, if communist fear mongering is your point.


Again, Beck is leis and distortion. He over-blows the point to fear monger.

Lies and distorsion? You already tried to prove Beck is a liar and I proved you wrong. It can be argued that TYT are fear-mongers too.

A liar? He calls Obama a Black panther African American supremacist and ad companies pull out like crazy. He's hardly a fountain of truth.

Beck is an entertainer before a political commentator. He gets this job, regular political analysis isn't going to work for him. He needs to be controversial.

TYT are anti-fear mongering, in so far as that they're attempting to squash republican communist claims.


If Van Jones resigned over this, wouldn't the whole Communist Obama administration collapse like a House of Cards?

This question makes no sense.

Beck poised Van Jones as a key figure. Wouldn't thsi lead to a mini collapse within Obama so called Communist regime?


>>If you want to think that Glenn Beck was not the main cause of Van Jones's resignation, that is fine with me. Because if he was, then that means the Godly Young Turks are wrong. You can live in your Marxist dystopia where conservatives are always wrong and far-lefters are always right, it is safer that way and you feel better about yourself.

A Marxist dystopia? Seriously, all Americans are hyped about communism and how evil it is, because all Americans listen to paper-thin-logic pastors. If they smell anything Socialist, even if it's completely logical, they go short of a coup and use fear mongerign that Christians Americans are used to, because most Americans follow anything blindly.

You are living in this tree. You bash Europe because it's socialist, when European countries such as the Netherlands and even Ireland have a much more capitalist economies than America, even under Bush.

Get down from the tree, look around and realise Socialist elements can exist without totally ruining your utopia of bootstraps and decentralisation.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 12:44:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 11:49:21 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
He was a czar, but czars were in every administration, if communist fear mongering is your point.

Uhh, my point was that you're wrong. He was a czar, not an environmental advisor. Very big difference.

A liar? He calls Obama a Black panther African American supremacist and ad companies pull out like crazy. He's hardly a fountain of truth.

Sources and quotes. Context is necesarry.

Beck is an entertainer before a political commentator. He gets this job, regular political analysis isn't going to work for him. He needs to be controversial.

Well, yeah. How do you think any company makes money? You can get regular political analysis anywhere, that isn't very hard. There aren't many people more entertaining than Beck.

TYT are anti-fear mongering, in so far as that they're attempting to squash republican communist claims.

Lol. OK. Whatever makes you happy.

Beck poised Van Jones as a key figure. Wouldn't thsi lead to a mini collapse within Obama so called Communist regime?

How would a resignation of a czar with very little power lead to a collapse of a Presidential administration?

A Marxist dystopia? Seriously, all Americans are hyped about communism and how evil it is, because all Americans listen to paper-thin-logic pastors. If they smell anything Socialist, even if it's completely logical, they go short of a coup and use fear mongerign that Christians Americans are used to, because most Americans follow anything blindly.

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it."
~Thomas Sowell

You are living in this tree. You bash Europe because it's socialist, when European countries such as the Netherlands and even Ireland have a much more capitalist economies than America, even under Bush.

Straw man. I bash America and Europe for being anti-capitalist.

Get down from the tree, look around and realise Socialist elements can exist without totally ruining your utopia of bootstraps and decentralisation.

Straw man. I never said: "Socialist elements can not exist without totally ruining my utopia of bootstraps and decentralisation."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 12:51:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 12:44:06 PM, Nags wrote:
At 9/6/2009 11:49:21 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

A liar? He calls Obama a Black panther African American supremacist and ad companies pull out like crazy. He's hardly a fountain of truth.

Sources and quotes. Context is necesarry.

Beck is an entertainer before a political commentator. He gets this job, regular political analysis isn't going to work for him. He needs to be controversial.

Well, yeah. How do you think any company makes money? You can get regular political analysis anywhere, that isn't very hard. There aren't many people more entertaining and crazy than Beck.

Right, but it doesn't mean he's right.

Beck poised Van Jones as a key figure. Wouldn't thsi lead to a mini collapse within Obama so called Communist regime?

How would a resignation of a czar with very little power lead to a collapse of a Presidential administration?

Beck said he was a key figure.


A Marxist dystopia? Seriously, all Americans are hyped about communism and how evil it is, because all Americans listen to paper-thin-logic pastors. If they smell anything Socialist, even if it's completely logical, they go short of a coup and use fear mongerign that Christians Americans are used to, because most Americans follow anything blindly.

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it."
~Thomas Sowell

You are living in this tree. You bash Europe because it's socialist, when European countries such as the Netherlands and even Ireland have a much more capitalist economies than America, even under Bush.

Straw man. I bash America and Europe for being anti-capitalist.

And the opposite of capitalism is...?


Get down from the tree, look around and realise Socialist elements can exist without totally ruining your utopia of bootstraps and decentralisation.

Straw man. I never said: "Socialist elements can not exist without totally ruining my utopia of bootstraps and decentralisation."

So, what do you think?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 1:04:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 12:51:01 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Right, but it doesn't mean he's right.

So? "Right" is subjective.

Beck said he was a key figure.

Well, yeah a czar is a key figure. Beck never said an incredibly important powerful position that would lead to a collapse of the White House if Jones resigned.

And the opposite of capitalism is...?

Socialism. What's your point?

So, what do you think?

Austrian Economics.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Socialistic elememts" is a broad term. You going to have to define that better.

>>>Also, Beck never called Obama a "Black panther African American supremacist" like you said he did. He called him a racist. Big deal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 1:05:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
You are living in this tree. You bash Europe because it's socialist, when European countries such as the Netherlands and even Ireland have a much more capitalist economies than America, even under Bush.

That's not exactly a strong recommendation.

Besides, my bootstraps utopia is heavily centralized. Spreading government around gives it room to grow :).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 1:09:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 1:04:35 PM, Nags wrote:
At 9/6/2009 12:51:01 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Right, but it doesn't mean he's right.

So? "Right" is subjective.

There's truth and lies. He comes mainly under the latter.


Beck said he was a key figure.

Well, yeah a czar is a key figure. Beck never said an incredibly important powerful position that would lead to a collapse of the White House if Jones resigned.

Beck had a fancy chalkboard with names and arrows. You'd think the arrows implied real life connections that would result negatively to all they're pointed to.


And the opposite of capitalism is...?

Socialism. What's your point?

So, what do you think?

Austrian Economics.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Socialistic elememts" is a broad term. You going to have to define that better.

Public education, Public healthcare option, and public transportation are example.s


>>>Also, Beck never called Obama a "Black panther African American supremacist" like you said he did. He called him a racist. Big deal.

A white racist. I'm pretty sure he toned it down so Fox wouldn't have to fire him.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 1:10:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Public education, Public healthcare option, and public transportation are example.

GG bootstraps.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 1:11:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/6/2009 1:10:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Public education, Public healthcare option, and public transportation are example.

GG bootstraps.

GG?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2009 1:12:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Abbreviation for good game, as in game over.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.