Ted Kennedy passes away

PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2009 11:16:05 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.reuters.com...

Too bad he couldn't see health reform pass before he went. Not to sound morbid, but I hope he is replaced in the Senate in time for a health reform bill to be brought to the Senate floor for a vote.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 7:36:56 AM
Such a steadfast figure dying is always a shame, but when it is someone of the caliber Kennedy was, the loss is just enourmous. There is rarely a politician out there that has been as committed to the issues and to the his constituents than Ted Kennedy, and it really is a sad day for the not just the US, but for the entire world.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:03:39 AM
At 8/26/2009 11:00:57 AM, Nags wrote:
He was in the Senate for nearly 50 years. Hopefully a Republican Senator will finally take his place.

Or hopefully a politician who has a chance of not being bribed by corporations will fill that spot.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:05:48 AM
At 8/26/2009 5:34:16 AM, untitled_entity wrote:
At 8/25/2009 11:42:28 PM, JBlake wrote:
It is a very sad day for America.

indeed.

Don't lop people in without their consent.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:08:54 AM
At 8/26/2009 11:03:39 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/26/2009 11:00:57 AM, Nags wrote:
He was in the Senate for nearly 50 years. Hopefully a Republican Senator will finally take his place.

Or hopefully a politician who has a chance of not being bribed by corporations will fill that spot.

He was the third richest senator in the Senate, worth over $100 million. The richest senator was John Kerry, the other Democratic Massachusetts Senator.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:14:13 AM
All politicians are rich. Otherwise they can't get into senate/congress. They shouldn't have corporations make their views.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:16:23 AM
At 8/26/2009 11:14:13 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
All politicians are rich. Otherwise they can't get into senate/congress. They shouldn't have corporations make their views.
I followed Mike Gravel during the presidential candidate debates. He got booted because his campaign didn't get enough money. Apparently some other politicians were booted for the same reason, though I can't name them off the top of my head.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:18:08 AM
At 8/26/2009 11:16:23 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
I followed Mike Gravel during the presidential candidate debates. He got booted because his campaign didn't get enough money. Apparently some other politicians were booted for the same reason, though I can't name them off the top of my head.

I probably liked Mike Gravel more than any other candidate (besides Ron Paul). Even though he was a Democrat..
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 11:25:43 AM
At 8/26/2009 11:18:08 AM, Nags wrote:
At 8/26/2009 11:16:23 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

I probably liked Mike Gravel more than any other candidate (besides Ron Paul). Even though he was a Democrat..

I thought Mike Gravel's points were really really good, and I think that was my entrance into libertarian thinking. I don't think they're that good anymore now that I've looked through the actual wording of his National Initiative For Democracy, but I think he should be able to run. I'm anti-government, but above that, I'm pro-consistency. If the system says anyone can run, then let anyone run. Don't kick people out just because they don't have the cash.

I didn't follow Ron Paul because I was still under the cultish political party thinking, but in many videos of Gravel, Ron Paul was also in it, showing both of them just destroying the other candidates' points.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 11:24:58 AM
At 8/26/2009 11:25:43 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
If the system says anyone can run, then let anyone run. Don't kick people out just because they don't have the cash.

I don't know how much more I could agree with you. Which is ironic, because you're an anarchist. Sigged.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 11:34:01 AM
At 8/27/2009 11:24:58 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 8/26/2009 11:25:43 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
If the system says anyone can run, then let anyone run. Don't kick people out just because they don't have the cash.

I don't know how much more I could agree with you. Which is ironic, because you're an anarchist. Sigged.

I only say that because I always follow it up with a "that's never going to happen cause it's Catch-22" line ^^b

If people are pro-consistency, it's pretty easy for me to show them that the state is full of crap, even if they don't buy statism-is-terrorism or free-market-is-most-efficient off the bat. Course, once they buy that the state is full of crap then they're more open to suggestions on anarchism...

It's the "The government just makes mistakes, it's well intentioned, we should give it another chance!" people that I can't deal with; they piss me off way too damned much.

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 11:38:41 AM
At 8/27/2009 11:34:01 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
I only say that because I always follow it up with a "that's never going to happen cause it's Catch-22" line ^^b

If people are pro-consistency, it's pretty easy for me to show them that the state is full of crap, even if they don't buy statism-is-terrorism or free-market-is-most-efficient off the bat. Course, once they buy that the state is full of crap then they're more open to suggestions on anarchism...

It's the "The government just makes mistakes, it's well intentioned, we should give it another chance!" people that I can't deal with; they piss me off way too damned much.

Good thing I'm not pro-consistency or "the government just makes mistakes." :D

But still, Catch 22 or not, it is an excellent point to make. It is one of the reasons I admire a guy named Andre Arthur so much - I don't agree with his politics, but on his initial campaign to get into office, not affiliated with any party or anything, he only had to spend $900 to get elected as an MP. I mean really - $900? My TV costs more.

It is all about the substance of your ideas, and how easily you can get the word out.