Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 9:25:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Excerpt:
The man who allegedly abducted American schoolgirl Jaycee Lee Dugard almost two decades ago has admitted that he did a "disgusting thing" but went on to defend himself, saying the public would be surprised by the "heart-warming story".

Convicted sex offender Phillip Garrido, 58, is being held on suspicion of various kidnapping and sex charges relating to the disappearance of Miss Dugard, who was aged 11 when she was snatched from her school bus stop in 1991.

According to investigators Mr Garrido allegedly raped Miss Dugard and fathered two children with her, the first when she was about 14. Along with Miss Dugard, who is now 29, the children, both girls now 11 and 15, were also kept hidden away from the world in the backyard compound of the Garrido house in California.

I'm sure Rezz or R_R will come to this guy's defense saying the 11 year old girl should've defended herself or some nonsense.

One of the most disgusting crimes I've seen in a while...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 9:37:27 AM
At 8/29/2009 9:25:41 AM, Nags wrote:
I'm sure Rezz or R_R will come to this guy's defense saying the 11 year old girl should've defended herself or some nonsense.

Fùck you. Go ahead and have your suspicions about me, but once you voice those suspicions, it's war.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 9:41:20 AM
At 8/29/2009 9:37:27 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Fùck you. Go ahead and have your suspicions about me, but once you voice those suspicions, it's war.

Ehh, war??

THIS IS SPARTA!!!
*que me kicking Rezz down never-ending black hole*
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 9:42:55 AM

Is that fair?
I woudn't know being still a bit of a newb.

Yes, sick.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 9:46:38 AM
See Rezz's siggy:

'"The fact that a murderer can be shot by his prospective victim does not make murder a consensual action." - Ragnar Rahl'

I didn't see any "statutory" descriptor in your post, so I'm not even sure what the hell you're talking about. The quote applies to non-statutory rape, and to kidnapping, every bit as much as it does to murder.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 5:32:23 PM
Such a terrible crime. It is compounded by the fact that authorities had a chance back in I believe 2002 to catch this beforehand, due to the complaint of a neighbour, but weren't "curious" enough to search inside the property and etc. We need police to search premises better, especially under the circumstances present - the man was a convicted sex offender, the neighbour say two kids with the man, and the police didn't take it seriously enough. They talked to him about zoning regulations concerning tents on his property instead of what they were called for. Who knows how much earlier that woman could have been freed?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 11:06:11 PM
At 8/29/2009 5:32:23 PM, Volkov wrote:
Such a terrible crime. It is compounded by the fact that authorities had a chance back in I believe 2002 to catch this beforehand, due to the complaint of a neighbour, but weren't "curious" enough to search inside the property and etc. We need police to search premises better, especially under the circumstances present - the man was a convicted sex offender, the neighbour say two kids with the man, and the police didn't take it seriously enough. They talked to him about zoning regulations concerning tents on his property instead of what they were called for. Who knows how much earlier that woman could have been freed?

Right, and if he turned out to be innocent, Liberals everywhere would be bit<hing and complaining about his right to privacy, eh? Or mayhaps he would have gotten to have a beer at the White House with the cop who arrested him and Obama. Anyway, the point is, a heinous crime indeed! I hope the girl's ok :/
President of DDO
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 5:05:58 PM
My late wife was raped by her own father, a priest, for some four years. It started in 1980, when she was 8, and ceased 4 years later, in 1984.

It didn't stop because he was caught and thrown in jail.
It wasn't stopped because her mother took her and left to hide from his abuse.

It only stopped because his rape of her got her pregnant when she was 12. Whatever you might think of her father, her family or herself for the decision, they were each deadset against abortion ... so the baby was brought to term.

He didn't touch her again sexually after the pregnancy. My wife never did press charges, even after she moved out.

I don't know what kind of life experience someone needs to support someone through that, to know what they are doing and feel confident ... but when I met her, I was 21 (she 24, 3 years older), had just move out from my parents and had never been exposed to such an evil abuse. I had no clue what to do. I was very appalled at the idea. I felt she should put her father in prison, but ... I didn't pressure her to. As she and I grew to be friends, I was simply there for her. We hugged quietly for hours on end some days, other days we went on very long walks and just enjoyed each others' quiet company and the sounds of nature.

Maybe I should have pushed her more to get it done, have her father thrown in prison ... I honestly don't know. I am sickened that he still, SFAIK, preaches in the same church he had when he raped her. I've never been able to summon the balls to step inside, but I can picture it like any other church ... people consider themselves good, go there to worship, believe their priest is a good man to represent them before their god, and live their lives considering their church to be a holy restbit from the evils of the world ... never having an effing clue that their church is run by a very sick, evil man.