Jump to topic:

The House Passes What????

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 2:53:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
My internet is down and it's hard to post a link from my phone but just google the damn thing.

The house of representatives just passed a bill to audit the fed. A bill by Ron Paul, no less. And by a pretty sizable margin, shockingly. I never saw this coming.

Onto the senate now. It would be Ron Paul's single most influential achievement if it passes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:16:12 PM
At 7/26/2012 2:57:22 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
http://content.usatoday.com...

Here's the link. I also didn't see it coming.

Wishfull thinking, "Audit the Fed" that's like telling the IRS to fuk off and have them say OK and go away forever.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 5:17:57 PM
At 7/26/2012 5:16:12 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/26/2012 2:57:22 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
http://content.usatoday.com...

Here's the link. I also didn't see it coming.

Wishful thinking, "Audit the Fed" that's like telling the IRS to fuk off and have them say OK and go away forever.

And even if the FED was audited everything would deemed on the up and up. As if there would be some report of malfeasance and criminal convictions.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 11:25:24 PM
This comment by Wnope finally made me get how this could have happened:

"It's sadly pure partisan politics.

The Senate is democratically controlled. It serves the Republicans in the House to advance legislation that they KNOW can't pass on the Senate level because it forces the burden onto the Senate.

So, even if a Republican knows the bill is flawed, he can sign on and take responsibility for the IDEA of auditing the Fed without worrying about auditing the Fed. It's a win-win for Republicans on the House since they can also fight the "Do Nothing" charge from the Senate."

They voted for it because they know it can't pass. They're making themselves look good.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord