Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Shooting at Sihk Temple in Milwaukee, 7 dead

airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 12:24:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

The shooting took place at a Sihk temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek Sunday morning.

That this happened so close to my home in an area I have spent considerable time and have many friends has me simply shocked it could happen here, but like all the other shootings of this sort, it's a tragic event that could happen anywhere...
Debate.org Moderator
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 12:55:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is where we all start taking beta as to what religion the shooter was.

If he flips Muslim, the outcry will be huge. It will be domestic terrorism. Fix will find a link to Al Queda.

If he flips Christian, it will be another unfortunate tragedy of no religious significance.
Sapere Aude!
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:26:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:55:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
This is where we all start taking beta as to what religion the shooter was.

If he flips Muslim, the outcry will be huge. It will be domestic terrorism. Fix will find a link to Al Queda.

If he flips Christian, it will be another unfortunate tragedy of no religious significance.

You are so right. Talk about a religious preference at best.
inferno
Posts: 10,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:16:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:24:17 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

The shooting took place at a Sihk temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek Sunday morning.

That this happened so close to my home in an area I have spent considerable time and have many friends has me simply shocked it could happen here, but like all the other shootings of this sort, it's a tragic event that could happen anywhere...

This is an unfortunate incident. The bad news is that there will be another like this, one after one after one. These sinister acts will go on and these are the Last Days.
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:03:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 11:16:56 AM, inferno wrote:
At 8/6/2012 12:24:17 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

The shooting took place at a Sihk temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek Sunday morning.

That this happened so close to my home in an area I have spent considerable time and have many friends has me simply shocked it could happen here, but like all the other shootings of this sort, it's a tragic event that could happen anywhere...

This is an unfortunate incident. The bad news is that there will be another like this, one after one after one. These sinister acts will go on and these are the Last Days.

Acts like this have gone on for a while . . .
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:27:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:55:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
This is where we all start taking beta as to what religion the shooter was.

If he flips Muslim, the outcry will be huge. It will be domestic terrorism. Fix will find a link to Al Queda.

If he flips Christian, it will be another unfortunate tragedy of no religious significance.

You are very correct. Society will keep trying to blame Muslims :(
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:17:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:24:17 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

The shooting took place at a Sihk temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek Sunday morning.

That this happened so close to my home in an area I have spent considerable time and have many friends has me simply shocked it could happen here, but like all the other shootings of this sort, it's a tragic event that could happen anywhere...

This is tragic, but what is even more tragic is that this type of event is becoming increasingly more common. The New Yorker ran an article after the Colorado shootings that said something to the effect of "Only in America are mass public shootings common, and likely to continue." The gist of the article was to promote gun control, which was disheartening, but here, barely a few weeks later, is another incident.

The guy who did this was a white supremacist, neo-nazi, or whatever. He was a poor, working class white trash who believed that multiculturalism and tolerance were to blame for his disenfranchised (to charitably describe it) state of being. The only thing I can know for sure is that his beliefs only underscore the necessity for increased diversity in public schools, and in society in general.

My concern is that his insanity will be passed on down to his kids -not sure if he had any or not- or that some other wack-job will pick up where he left off. I have ranted about public education before, but (even if they fail to educate students) if they are able to instill in people a basic respect for human life and instill the values of a pluralistic, multicultural society then they have been effective.

There are few things that piss me off more than racism. Our thoughts and prayers should go out to the families who have lost loved ones.
Tsar of DDO
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:36:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The same thing with me, airmax. I was actually probably only maybe a little more than a mile away when it happened.

Real shame and shock.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
mark.marrocco
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 2:11:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:55:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
This is where we all start taking beta as to what religion the shooter was.

If he flips Muslim, the outcry will be huge. It will be domestic terrorism. Fix will find a link to Al Queda.

If he flips Christian, it will be another unfortunate tragedy of no religious significance.

No way he was Muslim. Sounds more like a very nationalistic christian, possibly a neo-nazi, who was seeking to hurt Muslims, but was too ignorant to hit the right targets, or care about the difference.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 8:28:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/7/2012 2:11:55 PM, mark.marrocco wrote:
At 8/6/2012 12:55:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
This is where we all start taking beta as to what religion the shooter was.

If he flips Muslim, the outcry will be huge. It will be domestic terrorism. Fix will find a link to Al Queda.

If he flips Christian, it will be another unfortunate tragedy of no religious significance.

No way he was Muslim. Sounds more like a very nationalistic christian, possibly a neo-nazi, who was seeking to hurt Muslims, but was too ignorant to hit the right targets, or care about the difference.

Yeah, there is strong links showing that he was a neo-nazi.
http://www.dailykos.com...
turn down for h'what
mark.marrocco
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 1:33:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/7/2012 8:28:46 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 8/7/2012 2:11:55 PM, mark.marrocco wrote:
At 8/6/2012 12:55:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
This is where we all start taking beta as to what religion the shooter was.

If he flips Muslim, the outcry will be huge. It will be domestic terrorism. Fix will find a link to Al Queda.

If he flips Christian, it will be another unfortunate tragedy of no religious significance.

No way he was Muslim. Sounds more like a very nationalistic christian, possibly a neo-nazi, who was seeking to hurt Muslims, but was too ignorant to hit the right targets, or care about the difference.

Yeah, there is strong links showing that he was a neo-nazi.
http://www.dailykos.com...

Lucky guess. The bald head and indiscriminate targeting were my hints. That pretty much settles that then.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."