Jump to topic:

Health bill

Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 6:30:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I seriously doubt hes going to get this through the representatives, especially since no state dollars will be spent on abortions. What do you guys think? What are the chances?
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 6:33:44 PM
Im talking of course about the speech he just made.
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 6:57:13 PM
Obama's speech was meh in my opinion. He didn't deliver anything new, he's been saying the same stuff crap ever since his presidential campaign started. The speech probably hurt more than it helped. I'll give the bill a 20% chance to get passed.

The Republican counter wasn't much better. The GOP put the typical old, white, christian male Congressman in for the rebuttal. A fresh, new young face such as Paul Ryan would have been a smarter move politically.

Did anybody else hear the congressman who yelled "Liar!" after Obama said illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered? That was so funny haha. (See video if you missed it.)

On a side note, I had a stong urge to b!tch slap Nancy Pelosi every time she smiled or clapped. The sight of Pelosi really gives me a headache after 45 minutes.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:03:45 PM
At 9/9/2009 6:57:13 PM, Nags wrote:

On a side note, I had a stong urge to b!tch slap Nancy Pelosi every time she smiled or clapped. The sight of Pelosi really gives me a headache after 45 minutes.

Ive never realy paid much attention to her, but in that speech I thought exactly the same!

I thought it was realy sad that he mentioned abortion, fat people, excessive drinkers/smokers/drug abusers will get the benefits, but women who want abortions will suffer. I respect that religion will play a large place in the decision of us presidents but I challenge even the most devout believers on this site that a honest women wanting an abortion shouldn't be given the same rights as a smack addict to healthcare. Even if both of them have to pay for it.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:31:57 PM
At 9/10/2009 6:03:45 PM, Nik wrote:
I challenge even the most devout believers on this site that a honest women wanting an abortion shouldn't be given the same rights as a smack addict to healthcare. Even if both of them have to pay for it.

So, an honest person who wants to murder should get to murder as opposed to a person only damaging himself? I'd say neither of them get healthcare directly related to either of their issues.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:42:07 PM
Are you basing your idea of abortion on religious ideologies or science? (not that there is anything wrong with either of them)
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:44:23 PM
But anyway, yes, you agree with me, neither of them should get health care ( I think that both of them should get health care) But the point is that both of them should be treated the same, which under Obamas bill they wont.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:47:27 PM
I am Pro-Abortion but I don't think the gov't should fund abortions. Pay for your own abortion, I don't want to pay for it.

I don't know what your talking about with the druggies getting funded though.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 6:52:46 PM
I'm not sure what the chances of this bill's passing are, but if it does, there is a 99.999% chance that the Democrats will not gain another seat in Washington until 2016.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:16:36 PM
I just watched Obama's speech on YouTube, and I'll just say that if he's so sure that the "public option" can survive without government intervention and support, he should go start his own non-profit, anti-corruption insurance company called Obamacare. According to Obama, it would work.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:16:52 PM
At 9/10/2009 6:47:27 PM, Nags wrote:

I don't know what your talking about with the druggies getting funded though.

Obama made a special point that abortions would not be funded by state dollars, So weather or not that druggies will be funded is unknown to me, it was just sad that he had to point out abortions specifically.

Also he said that not a single dime will be paid by the tax payer to fund this scheme.

Well I dunno about that, but I can say The NHS Is frikin amazing so you guys shouldnt complain if you do have do pay a few extra cents.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2009 7:17:30 PM
At 9/10/2009 7:16:36 PM, mongeese wrote:
I just watched Obama's speech on YouTube, and I'll just say that if he's so sure that the "public option" can survive without government intervention and support, he should go start his own non-profit, anti-corruption insurance company called Obamacare. According to Obama, it would work.

Lol.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2009 8:45:24 PM

agreed!