Chicken born with four legs in India

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:01:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 8:58:17 AM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
A RARE four-legged chicken has been discovered in rural India where it happily lives with an extra set of limbs.

http://www.news.com.au...

Oh...

I wonder how Creationists are gonna explain this one...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DontTreadOnMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 9:09:19 AM
At 9/4/2012 9:01:05 AM, Microsuck wrote:
A RARE four-legged chicken has been discovered in rural India where it happily lives with an extra set of limbs.

Oh...

hahaha
OllerupMand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 12:01:04 PM

Oh...

By claiming that it disproves evolution.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 6:34:00 PM
Deformities have been around since the dawn of time. Say's it is a deformity. Yep, thats a new species alright. Yep, that proves evolution. Show's how naive evolutionist are. You all think that is evolution.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:22:37 PM
At 9/6/2012 6:34:00 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Deformities have been around since the dawn of time. Say's it is a deformity. Yep, thats a new species alright. Yep, that proves evolution. Show's how naive evolutionist are. You all think that is evolution.

Deformities= Mutations.

If you concede to that, then you concede to evolution.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:29:41 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:22:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Deformities= Mutations.

I hope you're joking.
kfc
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:30:45 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:29:41 PM, Koopin wrote:

Deformities= Mutations.

I hope you're joking.

If mutations happen, then natural selection happens, and then evolution happens. It's an overly simplified version but natural selection (survival of the fittest) is really a rather axiomatic point.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 7:33:27 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:30:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Deformities= Mutations.

I hope you're joking.

If mutations happen, then natural selection happens, and then evolution happens. It's an overly simplified version but natural selection (survival of the fittest) is really a rather axiomatic point.

So let me get this straight, a four legged chicken proves evolution.
kfc
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 8:07:01 PM
At 9/6/2012 7:33:27 PM, Koopin wrote:

I'm a layman on genetics by a pretty wide margin, but my understanding of it is that a gene randomly mutated and caused this bird to change; if the bird survives to reproduce, it passes that gene down to its offspring where it may lay dormant or resurface later on... perhaps if it mates with another "survivor" with that trait. I don't really understand the recessive gene stuff though.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:30:22 PM

Deformities= Mutations.

I hope you're joking.

Essentially, in simplistic terms, yes. A four legged chicken proves that there can be mutations. Now, these mutations are almost always very bad, but the sheer law of large numbers states that eventually, no matter how small the odds, you will achieve a result with small probability- and the Earth has A LOT of time. Once you concede that mutations happen and they might be sometimes beneficial, it's only a short step to say that those with the beneficial mutations might survive and propagate their genes either faster, more efficiently, or with a greater rate than the others of the species. Hence, genetic drift happens and micro-evolution occurs.

Macro-evolution is quite a bit more complex but they are based on the same fundamental principles.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:35:05 PM
At 9/6/2012 9:30:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Deformities= Mutations.

I hope you're joking.

Essentially, in simplistic terms, yes. A four legged chicken proves that there can be mutations. Now, these mutations are almost always very bad, but the sheer law of large numbers states that eventually, no matter how small the odds, you will achieve a result with small probability- and the Earth has A LOT of time. Once you concede that mutations happen and they might be sometimes beneficial, it's only a short step to say that those with the beneficial mutations might survive and propagate their genes either faster, more efficiently, or with a greater rate than the others of the species. Hence, genetic drift happens and micro-evolution occurs.

Macro-evolution is quite a bit more complex but they are based on the same fundamental principles.

Well, you better go claim your Nobel Prize.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 10:41:59 PM

Deformities...hmm..

Well, I guess that fits right into the 'intelligent design' puzzle!
turn down for h'what
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 5:25:59 AM
After all this time, news with potential kfc impact and Koopin doesn't see the connection.

It's doubtful that the chicken is a genetic mutation, rather a case of a conjoined twin. That's a failure of the gestation process, not a genetic mutation.

The average person has 70 genetic mutations, few of them obvious.

Some species are more resistant to mutations that others. Horseshoe crabs have evolved little in 400 million years. Humans have evolved rapidly in the last 4 million years. There has been notable human evolution in the last 10,000 years: smaller skull size, lighter skin in Northern climates, etc.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 5:29:12 AM

Deformities= Mutations.

LOL.
and so, everything reached the present day via constant deforming?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 11:20:45 AM

Oh...

God is testing us.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 7:12:44 PM
At 10/15/2012 5:29:12 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Deformities= Mutations.

LOL.
and so, everything reached the present day via constant deforming?

Essentially, yes. Although, there are other processes at work (genetic drift, gene flow), natural selection is the main one.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 8:19:05 PM

Oh...

Where was I when this discussion was going on, I missed it. Anyway, that chicken is still a chicken. Let me know when a chicken egg hatches a goat.
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 8:25:24 PM
At 11/5/2012 8:19:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Oh...

Where was I when this discussion was going on, I missed it. Anyway, that chicken is still a chicken. Let me know when a chicken egg hatches a goat.

Your shallow understanding of evolutionary processes sickens me.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 9:31:11 PM
At 11/5/2012 8:25:24 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

Oh...

Stick your finger down your throat, that'll fix the nausea.
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 9:35:02 PM
At 11/5/2012 9:31:11 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Oh...

Stick your finger down your throat, that'll fix the nausea.

Can't I'm not into that.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 6:15:20 PM

Oh...

What boggles my mind is this guy claims to be an actual paramedic. lol
yang.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 6:22:33 PM
Didn't realize my kind was this fast at evolving.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 6:36:36 PM
Yeah, fvck you creationists! Your entire theory of Genesis just took a massive sh*t and retarded itself out of existence. If a theory of the creation of life can get disproven by a fvcking four legged cock, there's your sign that if you believe in it, you're a dumbfvck.

Yeah. That's whats up.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...