Over 50 Al-Shabaab militants killed in

DontTreadOnMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 11:08:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Damn it limited character space

Over 50 Al-Shabaab militants were killed on Tuesday in one of the insurgents' remaining strongholds as the Africa Union peacekeeping forces march towards the strategic port city of Kismayu.

http://news.xinhuanet.com...
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 6:04:58 PM
Seriously?

Did they just give up on coming up with good names?

"Hey Arim! What do we call ourselves?"
"I dunno, has to be Al-something, it's always Al-something"
"How about Al-Quada?"
"No, too similar to Al-Qaeda"
"Al-Shishkebab?"
"No, that's a food, you're an diot"
"Al-Shabaab?"
"It sounds ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure it's not taken. Not that any infidels will realise how silly it sounds..oh Allahdamnit, alright, we'll use that!"
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 7:29:06 PM
At 9/14/2012 6:04:58 PM, Veridas wrote:
Seriously?

"How about Al-Quada?"
"Al-Shishkebab?"
"Al-Shabaab?"
"It sounds ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure it's not taken. Not that any infidels will realise how silly it sounds..oh Allahdamnit, alright, we'll use that!"

lol "Al-Shabab - meaning "The Youth" in Arabic - are the largest group among several...."
http://www.aljazeera.com...

They don't speak english.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 8:19:21 PM
At 9/14/2012 7:29:06 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/14/2012 6:04:58 PM, Veridas wrote:
Seriously?

"How about Al-Quada?"
"Al-Shishkebab?"
"Al-Shabaab?"

lol "Al-Shabab - meaning "The Youth" in Arabic - are the largest group among several...."
http://www.aljazeera.com...

They don't speak english.

Oh they look proper menacing.

I count fourteen guys not counting the one that's mostly offscreen (with the white top on the right hand side)

I count one gun.

and third guy from the left appears to be holding a twig.

Yep, wouldn't want to run into these particular Al-shwarzenegger members, what with a one in fourteen change of vicious vicious twig-based beatings and all.

I mean for f*ck sake, they can't even do the heascarf thing right.

From left to right:
"Aw crap my thing keeps slipping"
"I can't see a f*cking thing, but if I stand like this I bet I look menacing"
"I would re-wrap my headband, but I'm too busy showing off my mastery of foliage-based camouflage using nothing but this twig"
"I am small, f*ck yo headwraps"
"I am impersonating Clint Eastwood, my headwrap is helping me do the squint"
"I am facing the wrong direction. Do not correct me. It will undermine our menacing presence"
"I am also small. F*ck yo headwraps and yo' brightly coloured t-shirts"
"We are facing the wrong direction on purpose. Honest"
"I am the only one with a gun, therefore I am sad, because I need both hands to fix my headwrap"
"I am slightly less small, I secretly hope my wife sees this"
"Those guys? They do not represent us. Please feel free to bomb them"
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 2:22:20 AM
Islamic Court Union was originally established by Somalian business community. They defeated the gang-lords ruling Mogadishu to establish a highly federal and moderate Islamic rule. Somalia was invaded by Ethopians who were funded by Bush. This is the third war started by Bush, but is largely unknown in United States as American armed forces were not involved. After fall of ICU, Al-Shabab (the Youths) continued the resistance against Ethopian invasion. The resistance is still going on.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 5:00:04 AM
At 9/15/2012 2:22:20 AM, baggins wrote:
Islamic Court Union was originally established by Somalian business community. They defeated the gang-lords ruling Mogadishu to establish a highly federal and moderate Islamic rule. Somalia was invaded by Ethopians who were funded by Bush. This is the third war started by Bush, but is largely unknown in United States as American armed forces were not involved. After fall of ICU, Al-Shabab (the Youths) continued the resistance against Ethopian invasion. The resistance is still going on.

Zap Brannigan defeated the killbots...doesn't make him or his men partcularly frightening.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 10:19:32 AM
"al-Qaeda" used here refers to a confederacy of armed groups across the Muslim world that believe in an 'extremist' form of Sunni Islam ("Jihadism"). Al-Shabaab being the leading force in Somalia, Boku Haram in Nigeria and Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad in Iraq are some examples. Their ideological allegiance warrants them all the name al-Qaeda.

al-Qaeda was the construction company (secretly terrorist) organisation formerly lead by Osama bin Laden but this is the original, now antiquated, definition.
'sup DDO -- july 2013