Jump to topic:

An interesting shift with title...

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 2:24:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's an odd thing really, where reporters have gradually shifted over to an honorific title of Mohammad. Now I mean no disrespect here, but lets play fair, okay?

http://tonywoodlief.com...

Few even notice that this change has taken place where he is named as "The Prophet Mohammad". Think about it, when is the last time you heard Jesus as being called our Savior, or Lord Jesus Christ? Not in my life time, not by the press, or how about Great Teacher Moses, or whatever his title is for the Jews.

What has happened where the religious title, who for admittedly a giant number of people in the world, is applied to him, and him alone when compared to other religious figures?
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 6:42:07 PM
They're afraid of angering Muslims, although they're not at all afraid of angering Iran or any individual Muslim country.

However, you'd have to be pretty sensitive to be offended by this. So what, they're being extra respectful to Islam's prophet because they don't want to start riots. It's not as though they're actually siding with radicals, and if anything their thinly veiled fear of Islamic anger is actually insulting to moderate Muslims.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 4:52:57 AM
A lot of people refer to Jesus as "Christ". I think it has more to do with differentiating. With Mohammad or however it's spelled being the most common name on the planet, it's a way of specifying which Muhammad. That's my take on it... plus "prophet" has more to do with being a job description, rather than truth. Calling someone a prophet doesn't necessarily mean you agree with them, just as calling someone a psychic doesn't mean you think they are. "Savior" implies something else entirely.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 5:00:49 AM
I mean, this seems blatantly obvious to me. Calling Jesus "savior" or "Lord" is typically preceded by "my" or "our". Whose saviour? Whose Lord? "Prophet" is something he's claiming to be. I'd have no problem calling Jesus a prophet. My saviour he is not.
yang.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 5:41:14 AM
My stance is the same as Tulle's. Mohammed is the most commonly used name in the world, and lots of famous Muslims are named like this. "Prophet Muhammad" is the most easy way to refer to the person, instead of just saying "Muhammad" or adding unnecessary words like "The Muslim Prophet named Muhammad."
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 12:42:28 PM
At 9/24/2012 2:24:56 PM, innomen wrote:
It's an odd thing really, where reporters have gradually shifted over to an honorific title of Mohammad. Now I mean no disrespect here, but lets play fair, okay?

http://tonywoodlief.com...

Few even notice that this change has taken place where he is named as "The Prophet Mohammad". Think about it, when is the last time you heard Jesus as being called our Savior, or Lord Jesus Christ? Not in my life time, not by the press, or how about Great Teacher Moses, or whatever his title is for the Jews.

What has happened where the religious title, who for admittedly a giant number of people in the world, is applied to him, and him alone when compared to other religious figures?

So if more newspapers start addressing Prophet Muhammad (Peace on Him) a little more respectfully, fanatics start panicking! And the change must have been due to threats to violence!

It is much more likely that many more reporters have started learning the correct way to use Prophet Muhammad's (Peace on Him) name from Muslims - who always use such honorific titles.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.