He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

==========

Story from Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 1:24:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Some liberally hyped school in New Jersey has their kids sing a song praising Obama. Yeah what they did was wrong and in some senses indoctrination, but this was in one school. It's not happening nationwide.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 8:30:48 PM
I read the title of the thread, I read the name of the OP, and I knew what this would be about. It's one thing to have strong opinions, it's another to become predictable =P
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2009 6:50:24 PM
At 9/24/2009 8:30:48 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I read the title of the thread, I read the name of the OP, and I knew what this would be about. It's one thing to have strong opinions, it's another to become predictable =P

Lmao. Well done.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2009 8:31:00 PM
How on earth are government funds getting spent convincing little children to use the term "mmm mmm mmm" to describe a fully grown man?

Shouldn't they at least reform the laws about that sort of thing first?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 4:05:26 PM
Kids in NJ are going to be sing this... other schools are looking to adopt it.

Don't be surprised if kids in your state start sing something similar.

they can not sing christmas carols or pray in school but praise obama... hooray.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 4:22:32 PM
At 9/27/2009 4:05:26 PM, comoncents wrote:

they can not sing christmas carols or pray in school but praise obama... hooray.

Actually, you can't sing Chritmas carols in school because its F---ing annoying. For th love of God, don't sing in the middle of class. It makes it very hard to concentrate when some idiot behind me is singing "Amazing Grace".

Also, I am against both christmas carols and this song being sung in school. Not only because it is indoctrination, but because it is still annoying. You just know these kids were singing this song all day, screaming it to everyone.

Singing in school = Bad
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 4:23:48 PM
At 9/27/2009 4:22:32 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:

Actually, you can't sing Chritmas carols in school because its F---ing annoying. For th love of God, don't sing in the middle of class. It makes it very hard to concentrate when some idiot behind me is singing "Amazing Grace".

Also, I am against both christmas carols and this song being sung in school. Not only because it is indoctrination, but because it is still annoying. You just know these kids were singing this song all day, screaming it to everyone.

Singing in school = Bad

I would also like to point out that Obama didn't endorse this, so it can't be compared to the Hitler Youth.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 4:27:18 PM

Singing in school = Bad

Well i agree...
i think...

I don't think school is the forum to sing unless you are in singing class.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 1:28:41 AM
Not to sound like a flaming Liberal or anything, but I don't see what the big fuss is all about :/

1) Kids supposedly have the option of saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Wouldn't they have the option of singing this as well?

2) Kids CAN sing Christmas songs (and Hannukah songs) in school; in fact, I sang a religious song in chorus when I attended a public middle school. How is that any better?

3) Like a parent noted in the FOX article, it was alright for the kids to sing songs praising Lincoln and Washington... why not Obama? This seems biased, and if singing about one president is wrong, then shouldn't singing about all presidents be wrong?

4) The same parent also noted that it was Black History Month. Considering the fact that we have our first "black" president, is this really such a horrible thing? I mean people are making it seem as if the kids were singing about Hitler or something.

5) I get it... a lot of people find qualms with kids being "brainwashed" to praise Obama, but not Jesus (as illustrated in the documentary Jesus Camp).

6) Those lyrics are INCREDIBLY innocent. I don't see anything persuading the young'ns to become either Republican OR Democrat... so who cares? I remember being a little kid and it being VERY common for us to sort of praise or almost glorify the president (of course it was Bill Clinton at the time :P ). Why are people making such a big deal of it now? I specifically remember singing Patriotic songs and always being taught good things about out leader... I don't see how this is any different. Doesn't patriotism (which is obviously promoted in school) involve praising one's leader? I don't get it.
President of DDO
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 3:52:02 AM
Singing in school = Bad

I used to sing showtunes and chinese opera in school :P Up and down the halls...
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 11:59:19 AM
At 9/28/2009 1:28:41 AM, theLwerd wrote:
(of course it was Bill Clinton at the time :P ).

lol I wonder what the Bill Clinton training was preparing the female population for?
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 12:32:05 PM
Not to sound like a flaming Liberal or anything, but I don't see what the big fuss is all about :/

1) Kids supposedly have the option of saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Wouldn't they have the option of singing this as well?

2) Kids CAN sing Christmas songs (and Hannukah songs) in school; in fact, I sang a religious song in chorus when I attended a public middle school. How is that any better?

3) Like a parent noted in the FOX article, it was alright for the kids to sing songs praising Lincoln and Washington... why not Obama? This seems biased, and if singing about one president is wrong, then shouldn't singing about all presidents be wrong?

4) The same parent also noted that it was Black History Month. Considering the fact that we have our first "black" president, is this really such a horrible thing? I mean people are making it seem as if the kids were singing about Hitler or something.

5) I get it... a lot of people find qualms with kids being "brainwashed" to praise Obama, but not Jesus (as illustrated in the documentary Jesus Camp).

6) Those lyrics are INCREDIBLY innocent. I don't see anything persuading the young'ns to become either Republican OR Democrat... so who cares? I remember being a little kid and it being VERY common for us to sort of praise or almost glorify the president (of course it was Bill Clinton at the time :P ). Why are people making such a big deal of it now? I specifically remember singing Patriotic songs and always being taught good things about out leader... I don't see how this is any different. Doesn't patriotism (which is obviously promoted in school) involve praising one's leader? I don't get it.

Ditto.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 1:35:14 PM
Disagree on point 6, Lwerd. The lyrics claim that Obama is going to fix the economy.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 1:42:06 PM
They actually honor his plans to fix the economy. It's the effort that they're commending.
Our demise and industrial destruction
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 1:48:47 PM
At 9/24/2009 1:14:35 PM, Nags wrote:

Ima have to go with Toast on this one.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 1:57:39 PM
At 9/28/2009 1:48:47 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

The plans, not the intentions, are being honoured.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 2:00:12 PM
At 9/28/2009 1:54:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Ditto. Also, I commend Clinton's creativity in finding alternative uses for cigars. w00t!

Sex ed. which benefits the Cuban economy much?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 2:01:43 PM
At 9/28/2009 1:57:39 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/28/2009 1:48:47 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

The plans, not the intentions, are being honoured.

"OMFGZORG LIBERAL BRAIN WASHING IN SCHOOLS!!!"

A plan has an intention behind it. Obama's is obviously good. Besides, it is largely bipartisan. The bailouts.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 4:17:38 PM
Song 2:
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!
Students are forced to think of his accomplishments as "great." I beg to differ.
Number one? How about number forty-four?
But I hate Mr. President's plans...
How can I be proud of this guy? He doesn't even realize what he's doing to America.
And now, all of the students "know" that Obama will succeed.
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
We're all doomed.
We're all doomed.
We're all doomed.

Yeah, the second song is EXTREMELY indoctrinating. I would probably not go to school one day if I'm ever forced to sing that song.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 4:20:27 PM
Option? Yes. Being taught in-class? No.
We don't know what Obama's impact on American History will be. Kids probably sang about Hitler before he was later condemned.
Black HISTORY Month. Barack Obama isn't history until he's finished his first term.

If I knew about it, I'd make a big deal about it. Those lyrics are NOT innocent. See above. Additionally, patriotism is okay, but enforced patriotism is just insane.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 8:40:29 AM
Mongeese:

I noticed that you didn't respond to my points 2 and 5, but nevertheless, let me counter what you have said. First, you said that kids didn't have the option of singing the song about Barack Obama. I'd like for you to prove that this was the case. The reality is that you can't. I guarantee you that if someone told their teacher that they didn't want to sing the song, or their parent said that they didn't want their kids to sing the song, then they absolutely would not have been forced into singing it. Period.

Next you said that you didn't know what Obama's impact on history would be, and therefore it was not a good thing to sing about it. That's a retarded statement. Especially since you followed it up by saying that singing about Obama wasn't legit for Black HISTORY Month which doesn't include Obama until he's finished his first term. You couldn't be more wrong. Barack already MADE history in being the first black president to be elected President of the United States.

And finally, you said, "If I knew about it, I'd make a big deal about it. Those lyrics are NOT innocent." Um... you're also much older than those small children. They sang about it in an innocent way, the same way all or MOST little kids very much revere the President. At that age, you're too young to have your own political beliefs. And while forced patriotism may be insane to you -- join the club -- the fact is that it IS involved in the school system; not only do kids say the Pledge of Allegiance, but I know that in my schools (and I live on the liberal east coast) we had to sing patriotic songs every day too like "You're A Grand Old Flag" or "My Country Tis of Thee..." etc. Stoopid stuff.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 12:22:15 PM
At 9/28/2009 4:17:38 PM, mongeese wrote:
Song 2:
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!
Students are forced to think of his accomplishments as "great." I beg to differ.

First black president isn't a great accomplishment?

Number one? How about number forty-four?

I'm sure Putin and Mr.Chinese premier (Always forget that guys name) would disagree, but he is technically No.1 in America.

But I hate Mr. President's plans...

You should nonetheless give him a bronze star for effort.

How can I be proud of this guy? He doesn't even realize what he's doing to America.

Now you're criticising him for not being able to see the future

And now, all of the students "know" that Obama will succeed.

Blaming teacher for being unable to see the future?

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
We're all doomed.
We're all doomed.
We're all doomed.

Now you can see the future?

Yeah, the second song is EXTREMELY indoctrinating. I would probably not go to school one day if I'm ever forced to sing that song.

One school. Not in Texas. Not Obamacation.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 8:56:02 AM
Agree with Panda. People seem to be making WAY too much of a big deal about this. Get over yourselves. It's just a dumb song with innocent lyrics meant to make little kids feel good. Let them enjoy their political ignorance for as long as possible, mmk? For most people, it's their whole lives :)
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 11:54:46 AM
At 9/30/2009 8:56:02 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Agree with Panda. People seem to be making WAY too much of a big deal about this.

You have been agreeing with me alot lately :)
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 3:41:13 PM
I heard that the school actually sent out notices to the families of the children before they started up the program. If that is true, and all parents were in full knowledge of it and agreed to let them do this, is it really that bad?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 3:49:04 PM
At 9/30/2009 3:41:13 PM, Volkov wrote:
I heard that the school actually sent out notices to the families of the children before they started up the program. If that is true, and all parents were in full knowledge of it and agreed to let them do this, is it really that bad?

Where did you hear that from? And if you read the article I provided, you could tell some parents were clearly upset. Also, yes - parent-approved indoctrination is still indoctrination. They are in elementary school!