Bi- product of religion.

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 7:03:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

Wisconsin Parents Face 25 Years in Prison When They're Sentenced in Daughter's Prayer Death
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
PrintShareThis
AP

May 7, 2008: Leilani and Dale Neumann leave a Marathon County Circuit Courtroom in Wausau, Wis.

A Wisconsin mother and father convicted of reckless homicide for praying instead of taking their dying daughter to a doctor could spend up to 25 years in prison.

Dale and Leilani Neumann will be sentenced Tuesday in the death of 11-year-old Madeline Neumann, who died on their living room floor from undiagnosed diabetes as they prayed rather than getting her medical treatment.

Separate juries convicted each of second-degree reckless homicide in Madeline's Easter 2008 death.

PHOTOS: Faith-Healing Death of Diabetic Girl

The juries ruled the parents had a legal duty to rush the girl to a doctor after she could no longer walk, talk, eat or drink. A family friend finally called 911 after the girl stopped breathing.

The parents, who have three other teen-age children, say they believe all healing comes from God. Their attorneys have said the convictions will be appealed.

Among the factors Judge Vincent Howard must consider in sentencing the parents are deterrence and protection of the public.
brittwaller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 8:10:18 AM
Time to call my Republican congressmen - I have a healthcare plan they can get behind!

"Prayer - like wishful thinking, except without the annoying 'thinking' part."
Don't I take care of them all?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 8:33:44 AM
At 10/6/2009 8:10:18 AM, brittwaller wrote:
Time to call my Republican congressmen - I have a healthcare plan they can get behind!

"Prayer - like wishful thinking, except without the annoying 'thinking' part."

hahaha... wow
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 9:34:25 AM
This happens far too often... Haven't people realized by now that modern medicine has a much better track record than praying?

The parents are responsible for their child, and are thus culpable for their gross negligence.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 9:39:56 AM
At 10/6/2009 9:34:25 AM, JBlake wrote:
This happens far too often... Haven't people realized by now that modern medicine has a much better track record than praying?

The parents are responsible for their child, and are thus culpable for their gross negligence.

Man what a mess huh... you do you think they can get off?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 9:43:07 AM
At 10/6/2009 9:39:56 AM, comoncents wrote:

Nope. No one has gotten off for it before. They certainly don't deserve to get off, if that is what you are insinuating. They are directly responsible for the death of their daughter.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 9:55:13 AM
At 10/6/2009 9:43:07 AM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/6/2009 9:39:56 AM, comoncents wrote:

Nope. No one has gotten off for it before. They certainly don't deserve to get off, if that is what you are insinuating. They are directly responsible for the death of their daughter.

no i agree, they should go to jail for a long time... anyone believe diff?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 10:32:57 AM
I rather think it's the diabetes that's directly responsible. They just didn't help reverse that.

Now if there's some kind of verbal agreement "We're going to help you" on the other hand (which wouldn't be that hard for a prosecutor to wangle out of these religious nuts, just ask them whether they told their daughter they would help), the real world implications of that verbal agreement were breached and you have death by fraud.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.