Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

"The Trustworthy Encyclopedia"

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 3:40:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's right here, finally: http://communpedia.wikia.com...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:08:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The United States is a country that became independent from Great Britain on July 4, 1776. The United states first prospered by slave trade but after the North won in the Civil War the African slaves were free but were still persecuted and hated because of their race (as like many other minorities) from then to even now.[citation needed] Many different religions like Islam and Judaism are persecuted and hated because of many different groups like the barbaric Ku Klux Klan or known more commonly as the KKK and the Neo-Nazis."

http://communpedia.wikia.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:18:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 5:08:02 PM, thett3 wrote:
"The United States is a country that became independent from Great Britain on July 4, 1776. The United states first prospered by slave trade but after the North won in the Civil War the African slaves were free but were still persecuted and hated because of their race (as like many other minorities) from then to even now.[citation needed] Many different religions like Islam and Judaism are persecuted and hated because of many different groups like the barbaric Ku Klux Klan or known more commonly as the KKK and the Neo-Nazis."

http://communpedia.wikia.com...

Its not as if Conservapedia is any better.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:23:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Stalinism, is the idea of communism based on Stalin's law and order. Many say Stalinism is in fact red fascism[citation needed]. That is incorrect based on two things: Stalin disliked Fascism and made sure that there were no fascists in his country, and it is a form of communism, and therefore it is not fascism, for any kind of communism is the opposite of fascism[citation needed]. Stalinism usually defines the style of a government rather than an ideology. The ideology was "Marxist"Leninist theory"[citation needed], reflecting that Stalin himself was not a theoretician, in contrast to Marx and Lenin, and prided himself on maintaining the legacy of Lenin as a founding father for the Soviet Union and the future Communist world[citation needed]. However, he changed it based on his own opinion, thus it had different rules than other communist governments. Stalin has caused some questionable things to happen in the past, however, he has made up in doing things that have greatly fixed Russian ecomony and civilian rights[citation needed]. Here are a few things he did:

1#. He gave Russian women equal rights. He was the very first Russian leader to do so, despite what others claim. He included universal access to quality education and health care. Technical education was promoted and transport links across the Soviet Union were improved. Industrialization created many job opportunities. Women were given equal treatment in education and employment.[1]

2#. He made taxes lower and lowered prices for many common goods. [2] Inflation in the USSR was 2.3% when he was leader, yet in the USA it was 3.5%.

3#. Although Stalin was brought into the war against Nazi Germany unwillingly, the USSR led by Stalin did more than any other country to defeat the Nazi power[2].

4#. He saved Russia from becoming a backwater station for Nazi Germany when the Germans invaded Russia, thus saving the entire Russian race from enslavement or genocide."

This isn't a joke: http://communpedia.wikia.com...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:27:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"One or more of our comrades are still working on this article. If you wish to make major changes, please let the editors know."

http://communpedia.wikia.com...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 7:43:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In fact, the USSR's equal treatment was the reason that other Western nations gave women the right to vote. They were afraid feminists would ally themselves with Communists. It happened anyways :p
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 7:45:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The USSR also "launched the first ever satellite, and later sent the first dog, man, and woman to Space. They also developed various television designs. In short, there would be no Tata Sky had the Soviets not done their magic. Other than that the Soviets also take credit for artificial organs, the first helicopter, electrophotography, and the infamous AK-47."

But of course, in socialist nations nobody has an incentive to innovate. Only capitalists ever innovate; everybody else lives in dungholes.
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 10:59:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Odd considering that they were the least friendly towards human rights, but true. My mom took a course on women's rights around the world at one point, and she said that Russia was far ahead of the United States in recognizing women as equals. Not that that makes them any better, just an interesting fact.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:29:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 10:59:18 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Odd considering that they were the least friendly towards human rights, but true. My mom took a course on women's rights around the world at one point, and she said that Russia was far ahead of the United States in recognizing women as equals. Not that that makes them any better, just an interesting fact.

"Equals" in this context meaning "the same?"
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:32:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:29:05 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/8/2012 10:59:18 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Odd considering that they were the least friendly towards human rights, but true. My mom took a course on women's rights around the world at one point, and she said that Russia was far ahead of the United States in recognizing women as equals. Not that that makes them any better, just an interesting fact.

"Equals" in this context meaning "the same?"

In the sense that laws did not restrict women from doing things that men were allowed to do. I'm sure they still weren't treated that well though.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:35:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:32:47 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:29:05 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/8/2012 10:59:18 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Odd considering that they were the least friendly towards human rights, but true. My mom took a course on women's rights around the world at one point, and she said that Russia was far ahead of the United States in recognizing women as equals. Not that that makes them any better, just an interesting fact.

"Equals" in this context meaning "the same?"

In the sense that laws did not restrict women from doing things that men were allowed to do. I'm sure they still weren't treated that well though.

Actually, women basically become the heads of families in the USSR.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:55:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:47:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Like, the poor couldn't even afford bread, let alone soap, under the Thief.

Because they were slaves ("serfs")?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 6:06:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Right. They killed them as much as men.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 6:08:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My parents lived in the USSR. I can assure you that the living conditions in there were deplorable at best. Stores rarely ever had any ingredients, let alone more expensive meats and other foods. Lines were in the hours to get some meat and I remember my mother telling me that she had to stand in line for a few hours to get part of a new shipment of coats. Don't give me this communist crap.

Oh yeah, and Stalin killed 30 million people. No biggie at all.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 6:24:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 6:08:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My parents lived in the USSR. I can assure you that the living conditions in there were deplorable at best. Stores rarely ever had any ingredients, let alone more expensive meats and other foods. Lines were in the hours to get some meat and I remember my mother telling me that she had to stand in line for a few hours to get part of a new shipment of coats. Don't give me this communist crap.

Most people could not even get coats or expensive meats in our society, so it really doesn't make a difference if she had to wait in line for them.
Oh yeah, and Stalin killed 30 million people. No biggie at all.

The capitalist US has killed more people throughout its existence.
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:10:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 6:24:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/9/2012 6:08:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My parents lived in the USSR. I can assure you that the living conditions in there were deplorable at best. Stores rarely ever had any ingredients, let alone more expensive meats and other foods. Lines were in the hours to get some meat and I remember my mother telling me that she had to stand in line for a few hours to get part of a new shipment of coats. Don't give me this communist crap.

Most people could not even get coats or expensive meats in our society, so it really doesn't make a difference if she had to wait in line for them.
Oh yeah, and Stalin killed 30 million people. No biggie at all.

The capitalist US has killed more people throughout its existence.

I don't see any point in defending the reputation of the Soviet Union's reputation, even if the US has killed more people, which we probably have.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:28:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 7:10:26 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 11/9/2012 6:24:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/9/2012 6:08:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My parents lived in the USSR. I can assure you that the living conditions in there were deplorable at best. Stores rarely ever had any ingredients, let alone more expensive meats and other foods. Lines were in the hours to get some meat and I remember my mother telling me that she had to stand in line for a few hours to get part of a new shipment of coats. Don't give me this communist crap.

Most people could not even get coats or expensive meats in our society, so it really doesn't make a difference if she had to wait in line for them.
Oh yeah, and Stalin killed 30 million people. No biggie at all.

The capitalist US has killed more people throughout its existence.

I don't see any point in defending the reputation of the Soviet Union's reputation, even if the US has killed more people, which we probably have.

It's hypocritical to support a regime that kills people and then condemn other regimes for doing it.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:35:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 6:24:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/9/2012 6:08:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My parents lived in the USSR. I can assure you that the living conditions in there were deplorable at best. Stores rarely ever had any ingredients, let alone more expensive meats and other foods. Lines were in the hours to get some meat and I remember my mother telling me that she had to stand in line for a few hours to get part of a new shipment of coats. Don't give me this communist crap.

Regarding the poor people in America

80% had air conditioning (only 36% of all Americans did in 1970)
3/4ths had a car or truck
92% of them have a microwave
2/3rds have cable or satellite TV
Over half have a PC
2/3rds have a DVD player, 70% have a VCR
1/3rd have a widescreen plasma or LCD television

Also, through capital accumulation and technology, productivity rose which means higher wages. This means higher living standards, and more affordable goods.

How about we compare 1910 to today (2000s), to see how this is shown.
In 1910 the amount of average labor required to get the listed product:

1/2 gallon of Milk took -------------49 minutes of labor - 7 minutes today
One pound loaf of bread took -----16 minutes of labor - 3.5 minutes today
Hershey chocolate bar took --------20 minutes of labor - 2.1 minutes today
Gallon of gasoline (1920) took ----32 minutes of labor - 5.7 minutes today
Three pound chicken took ----------2 hours, 40 minutes of labor - 14 minutes today

You see, we are all better off.


Most people could not even get coats or expensive meats in our society, so it really doesn't make a difference if she had to wait in line for them.
Oh yeah, and Stalin killed 30 million people. No biggie at all.

The capitalist US has killed more people throughout its existence.

Statism =/= Capitalism
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 9:14:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 8:28:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/9/2012 7:10:26 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 11/9/2012 6:24:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/9/2012 6:08:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:47:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:41:11 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/8/2012 7:42:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The USSR was actually the most friendly regime towards women's rights in history.

Because being nearly unable to afford basic soap is good towards human welfare. The rich were poorer, but the poor were also much poorer.

Um, this is false. The poor benefited greatly from the USSR because they weren't being fleeced by the Czar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My parents lived in the USSR. I can assure you that the living conditions in there were deplorable at best. Stores rarely ever had any ingredients, let alone more expensive meats and other foods. Lines were in the hours to get some meat and I remember my mother telling me that she had to stand in line for a few hours to get part of a new shipment of coats. Don't give me this communist crap.

Most people could not even get coats or expensive meats in our society, so it really doesn't make a difference if she had to wait in line for them.
Oh yeah, and Stalin killed 30 million people. No biggie at all.

The capitalist US has killed more people throughout its existence.

I don't see any point in defending the reputation of the Soviet Union's reputation, even if the US has killed more people, which we probably have.

It's hypocritical to support a regime that kills people and then condemn other regimes for doing it.

The Soviet Union alone killed around 60,000,000 million people. Please tell me how the U.S. did more than that.

Also, it isn't helping your intellectual reputation (which needs it) by defending a state that declared critics of the state to be mentally ill and put them in hospitals.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:31:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
By 1938, the 21 years of Soviet rule had brought about a 50% reduction in child mortality rate.

" The height of the average Soviet child in 1938 was one and a quarter inches greater than that of the average child in tsarist Russia.

" The weight of the average Soviet child was eleven and a half pounds greater in 1937 than in 1925.

" The chest expansion of the average Soviet child in 1938 was roughly 1 inch greater than that of the average child in tsarist Russia.

" Incidence of tuberculosis decreased 83% under Soviet rule up till 1938 and continued to decrease.

" Cases of syphilis decreased 90% by 1938 and continued to decrease.

" The death rate in 1937 in the USSR was 40% below the death rate in Russia in 1913 (implying a much higher life expectancy)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:31:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Literacy rates before 1917 hardly reached 40%, much less in rural areas, and lower still among women. By the fall of the Soviet Union, literacy rates were higher than in the West.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:34:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
With the fall of the USSR:

The great majority still struggles to survive, sometimes below the subsistence level. Industrial and agricultural production have fallen 50 percent in recent years, and millions are not paid their paltry salaries on time. Because most people lack hard currency to buy anything but essentials, consumer goods are generally accessible only to successful speculators, the mafia, and higher government officials. For the average Russian, and especially the elderly, life is not just impoverished, it is becoming desperate. [See: "Nationalist Sentiment Widespread, Growing in Former Soviet Union," Sept.-Oct. 1995 Journal, pp. 8-10.]
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:35:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In his book, Comrade Criminal, Stephen Handelman discussed connections between the already then well-established mafia underworld and corrupt bureaucrats, a relationship that apparently now has reached into the Kremlin itself. According to former Russian Social Security Minister Ella A. Pamfilova, a cynical redistribution of property currently is taking place. In her words, "The nature of the ruling class has not changed ... It is the same old corrupt, elitist, nomenklatura-bureaucratic swamp."

What is changing involves the national economy, half of which already has fallen under mob control, according to Security Council Secretary Ivan Rybkin. Former Director of the CIA, Robert M. Gates estimated earlier this year that two-thirds of all commercial institutions, some 400 banks (those in Moscow already control 80 percent of the country's finances), several dozen stock exchanges, and 150 large government enterprises are controlled by the mob.

A recent Russian periodical revealed that about 40 percent of the Gross Domestic Product is in the hands of organized crime, mow merged with corrupt official and businessmen.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:55:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 3:31:24 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
By 1938, the 21 years of Soviet rule had brought about a 50% reduction in child mortality rate.

" The height of the average Soviet child in 1938 was one and a quarter inches greater than that of the average child in tsarist Russia.

" The weight of the average Soviet child was eleven and a half pounds greater in 1937 than in 1925.

" The chest expansion of the average Soviet child in 1938 was roughly 1 inch greater than that of the average child in tsarist Russia.

" Incidence of tuberculosis decreased 83% under Soviet rule up till 1938 and continued to decrease.

" Cases of syphilis decreased 90% by 1938 and continued to decrease.

" The death rate in 1937 in the USSR was 40% below the death rate in Russia in 1913 (implying a much higher life expectancy)

You are ignoring other factors, such as that medicines might have been invented (did you check these statistics for other countries?), or the availability of medical care under the Tsar. Despotism can be just as bad or worse than communism. Even the Minister of Health in he Soviet Union realized how inefficient the system was and that "billions of Soviet rubles were squandered."
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:00:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 3:55:51 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/16/2012 3:31:24 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
By 1938, the 21 years of Soviet rule had brought about a 50% reduction in child mortality rate.

" The height of the average Soviet child in 1938 was one and a quarter inches greater than that of the average child in tsarist Russia.

" The weight of the average Soviet child was eleven and a half pounds greater in 1937 than in 1925.

" The chest expansion of the average Soviet child in 1938 was roughly 1 inch greater than that of the average child in tsarist Russia.

" Incidence of tuberculosis decreased 83% under Soviet rule up till 1938 and continued to decrease.

" Cases of syphilis decreased 90% by 1938 and continued to decrease.

" The death rate in 1937 in the USSR was 40% below the death rate in Russia in 1913 (implying a much higher life expectancy)

You are ignoring other factors, such as that medicines might have been invented (did you check these statistics for other countries?), or the availability of medical care under the Tsar. Despotism can be just as bad or worse than communism. Even the Minister of Health in he Soviet Union realized how inefficient the system was and that "billions of Soviet rubles were squandered."

Inefficiency stemmed from the betrayal of Marxist principles. Trotsky wrote books about this.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:21:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 3:34:28 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
With the fall of the USSR:

The great majority still struggles to survive, sometimes below the subsistence level. Industrial and agricultural production have fallen 50 percent in recent years, and millions are not paid their paltry salaries on time. Because most people lack hard currency to buy anything but essentials, consumer goods are generally accessible only to successful speculators, the mafia, and higher government officials. For the average Russian, and especially the elderly, life is not just impoverished, it is becoming desperate. [See: "Nationalist Sentiment Widespread, Growing in Former Soviet Union," Sept.-Oct. 1995 Journal, pp. 8-10.]

My God, I can't believe that you're actually defending this type of communism. Have you forgotten that little famine in the 1930's that killed millions in the Ukraine because of the inherent inefficiencies of socialism? Near the end of the Cold War the Soviets were importing millions of tons of grain from the U.S. just to be able to feed their citizens.

If capitalism is so bad, then why did the East German workforce (after the collapse of the Berlin wall) have one-third the productivity, why were forty percent of the businesses there judged so obsolete that they would have to close, and why didn't they even approach the standard of living in West Germany? Why did the economies of East Germany and Poland recover so quickly after price and production controls were removed?

The poverty in modern Russia is because the Soviet Union's economy was so rigid that it could not properly cope without central planning. There were massive cities that had been built around military plants and who's citizens had nothing to do in a free market economy. That, coupled with the fact that there were no accountants, financial analysts, economists, or any type of profession needed in a market economy (because few people still alive by that time did not remember pre-Revolution Russia) means that capitalism didn't work as smoothly as it should have. The "wealthy class" that you pointed out is a result of not enforcing property rights effectively and botching the transition to capitalism (the citizens were given "vouchers" that gave them certain property rights, but millions did not get them or were cheated out of them).
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)