Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Duchess of Cambridge perggars!

brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 5:22:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So the Duchess of Cambridge is up the duff (congratulations Your Royal Highness) but her husband, Prince William looked decidedly underwhelmed yesterday, refusing to comment or even wave to the gathered crowd of well-wishing hacks.

This begs the question, if he isn't the father, who is? Well, William's fun-loving brother Prince Harry is probably the bookies' favourite but it could also be a Palace courtier, or she may even have been got at by a savage during her recent tour of the jungles in South East Asia.

We won't know until the baby is born with ginger hair, or a bone through its nose, or whatever, but I do think that the couple should appear on a special royal edition of The Jeremy Springer Show to settle the matter once and for all.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 7:15:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What do you think about this proposed change in succession, where it will go to the first born, regardless of gender? (Assuming you think about it at all).
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 7:34:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 7:15:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
What do you think about this proposed change in succession, where it will go to the first born, regardless of gender? (Assuming you think about it at all).

I don't care: unless The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William all shoot each other in some Reservoir Dogs-style stand-off, I'll be dead long before the new law takes effect!

Hopefully, Britain will become a republic before then anyway.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 7:41:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 7:34:37 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 12/4/2012 7:15:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
What do you think about this proposed change in succession, where it will go to the first born, regardless of gender? (Assuming you think about it at all).

I don't care: unless The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William all shoot each other in some Reservoir Dogs-style stand-off, I'll be dead long before the new law takes effect!

Hopefully, Britain will become a republic before then anyway.

Interesting. Is there a big push for this to happen? What does it entail beyond simply abolishing the Royal family?
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 8:12:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 7:41:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/4/2012 7:34:37 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 12/4/2012 7:15:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
What do you think about this proposed change in succession, where it will go to the first born, regardless of gender? (Assuming you think about it at all).

I don't care: unless The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William all shoot each other in some Reservoir Dogs-style stand-off, I'll be dead long before the new law takes effect!

Hopefully, Britain will become a republic before then anyway.

Interesting. Is there a big push for this to happen? What does it entail beyond simply abolishing the Royal family?

No, there's no big push to be honest - polls show that over 80% of the population don't mind not having an elected head of state and paying for the Royal Family to rule over them in oppulence and splendour, immune from the economic realities that the rest of the population must endure.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:10:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.

Interesting you should say that, I trust I can count on your vote in my current debate entitled: "It's time to privatize the British Monarchy": http://www.debate.org...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:29:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.

If a majority/close majority believed that, then sure. But, like B_E said, roughly 80% have no issue with it. So....yeah.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 12:59:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 3:29:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.

If a majority/close majority believed that, then sure. But, like B_E said, roughly 80% have no issue with it. So....yeah.

80% of DDO voted that we can use your body for sex, so I guess that means we can. Derp. Democracy sucks: it's the tyranny of the majority over the minority. Why should 20% of the UK be extorted to pay for something they fundamentally disagree with?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 2:14:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.

I've always heard that the Brits love their history, so a fundemental change would be unappealing to them.

By the way, B_E or anyone, what does "up the duff" mean? I assume it is English slang, so I would like to know the connotation of it, too.
My work here is, finally, done.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 9:54:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/7/2012 12:59:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/4/2012 3:29:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.

If a majority/close majority believed that, then sure. But, like B_E said, roughly 80% have no issue with it. So....yeah.

80% of DDO voted that we can use your body for sex, so I guess that means we can. Derp. Democracy sucks: it's the tyranny of the majority over the minority. Why should 20% of the UK be extorted to pay for something they fundamentally disagree with?

The royal family actually earns the nation more money than it costs it. Their estate funds are all turned over to the government and they also garner funds when tourists travel to England and purchase royal-family related items. DK posted a video about this a while ago.

I reject the monarchy on other grounds.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 10:15:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/7/2012 9:54:05 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/7/2012 12:59:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/4/2012 3:29:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/4/2012 10:41:28 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why the f*ck does England still have royal families? It's 2012. Being born doesn't magically gift you the right to someone else's property. They should privatize the whole bloody quagmire.

If a majority/close majority believed that, then sure. But, like B_E said, roughly 80% have no issue with it. So....yeah.

80% of DDO voted that we can use your body for sex, so I guess that means we can. Derp. Democracy sucks: it's the tyranny of the majority over the minority. Why should 20% of the UK be extorted to pay for something they fundamentally disagree with?

The royal family actually earns the nation more money than it costs it. Their estate funds are all turned over to the government and they also garner funds when tourists travel to England and purchase royal-family related items. DK posted a video about this a while ago.

I reject the monarchy on other grounds.

Do they encourage the sex slave trade as well? :p
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...