Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

27 Dead In Connecticut School Shooting

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:11:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 12:50:40 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 12/14/2012 12:41:07 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
http://rt.com...

This is so damn tragic.

Agreed.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:21:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't believe mass shootings rampages have become a trend among the lowest scum of the earth.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of the victims.
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:56:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
f*ck dammit....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:03:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You know, this sounds terrible, but I actually glossed over this when I saw it on the news website this morning (although part of that was likely due to the fact that I had a final exam earlier today that I needed to study for). This is happening so much that we're being desensitized to it :(
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:09:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:03:54 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
You know, this sounds terrible, but I actually glossed over this when I saw it on the news website this morning (although part of that was likely due to the fact that I had a final exam earlier today that I needed to study for). This is happening so much that we're being desensitized to it :(

i did just consider my having went straight to flirt with you after reading about this...

i don't think that's so much to say anything about us, but what we have to deal with, though.
signature
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:11:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The fact that Its an elementary school is the most horrific part , the guy targeted little kids. Extremely fuked up.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:11:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:08:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
if only the world population was a few million this wouldnt happen so often.

you could throw in a lot more plausible "if onlys" than that...
signature
miketheman1200
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:14:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hope this doesn't evolve into more ridiculous arguments over gun control. Neither side will ever be satisfied, though I advocate less gun control myself, I understand that backround checks should be necessary to help prevent mentally unstable people from obtaining fireams. I think it would be a reasonable compromise. When more citizens own firearmse and there is a stable and national stance on use it results in better personal saftey and less crime.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:15:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Elementary school?? Wtf? Like seriously wtf.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:24:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
He didn't even have a motivation.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:26:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

I don't know. I don't like the concept of guns either, but states will keep their guns and use them on the populace. There are several concerns to consider, unfortunately.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:31:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:26:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

I don't know. I don't like the concept of guns either, but states will keep their guns and use them on the populace. There are several concerns to consider, unfortunately.

yeah we're fvcked. but the world is gonna end the 21st of this month anyway, so...
signature
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:37:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

and people.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:40:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:37:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

and people.

^^^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:41:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:37:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

and people.

i don't submit to inherent evil.
signature
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:43:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:15:43 PM, phantom wrote:
Elementary school?? Wtf? Like seriously wtf.

I read that the shooter has some sort of connection to the school, possibly employment.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:44:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:37:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

and people.

+1
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:45:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:43:31 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:15:43 PM, phantom wrote:
Elementary school?? Wtf? Like seriously wtf.

I read that the shooter has some sort of connection to the school, possibly employment.

his mother worked there
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 2:57:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:44:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:37:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

and people.

+1

you're just a sick bastard.
signature
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 3:18:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 2:57:30 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:44:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:37:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:23:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/14/2012 2:21:12 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The best solution is to eliminate poverty.

and guns.

and people.

+1

you're just a sick bastard.

Guns don't kill people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 3:24:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So since guns don't kill people, let's go to the source and eliminate the things that do kill people . . . Oh wait, that's not feasible, so we might as well limit the things that people use to kill each other.

I hate guns. I would support gun control except for the fact that I don't trust the government having weapons. There is no good solution to this.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 3:26:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 3:24:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
So since guns don't kill people, let's go to the source and eliminate the things that do kill people . . . Oh wait, that's not feasible, so we might as well limit the things that people use to kill each other.

I hate guns. I would support gun control except for the fact that I don't trust the government having weapons. There is no good solution to this.

Cept to let people have guns, since overwhelmingly those areas that have laws such as that have decreased crime rate than when the didn't.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 3:28:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 3:26:26 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/14/2012 3:24:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
So since guns don't kill people, let's go to the source and eliminate the things that do kill people . . . Oh wait, that's not feasible, so we might as well limit the things that people use to kill each other.

I hate guns. I would support gun control except for the fact that I don't trust the government having weapons. There is no good solution to this.

Cept to let people have guns, since overwhelmingly those areas that have laws such as that have decreased crime rate than when the didn't.

False. http://www.nber.org...