Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Football team rapes girl, anonymous steps in.

Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:32:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know two separate women personally that this has happened to except they were both incidents in universities.. I can't remember the universities now but justice was never delivered. Never. For either of them. They both had to leave the universities and none of the athletes reputations or positions on their respective teams were compromised.

I'm glad that anyone, including anonymous, has attempted to spread word of disgusting things like this which happen and tried to bring justice when the authorities have done nothing. Things like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

Humans are just absurdly repulsive sometimes.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:41:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:32:08 AM, Oryus wrote:
I know two separate women personally that this has happened to except they were both incidents in universities.. I can't remember the universities now but justice was never delivered. Never. For either of them. They both had to leave the universities and none of the athletes reputations or positions on their respective teams were compromised.

I'm glad that anyone, including anonymous, has attempted to spread word of disgusting things like this which happen and tried to bring justice when the authorities have done nothing. Things like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

Humans are just absurdly repulsive sometimes.

SOMETIMES?...
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:42:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:41:28 AM, RationalMadman wrote:
At 12/24/2012 1:32:08 AM, Oryus wrote:
I know two separate women personally that this has happened to except they were both incidents in universities.. I can't remember the universities now but justice was never delivered. Never. For either of them. They both had to leave the universities and none of the athletes reputations or positions on their respective teams were compromised.

I'm glad that anyone, including anonymous, has attempted to spread word of disgusting things like this which happen and tried to bring justice when the authorities have done nothing. Things like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

Humans are just absurdly repulsive sometimes.

SOMETIMES?...

Yep.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 1:55:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:04:26 AM, DoctorDeku wrote:
http://rollredroll.com...

Thoughts?

I love this. I'm sorry it happened to the girl, but I'm delighted to see Anonymous hold the bastard's involved in this accountable.
Tsar of DDO
DoctorDeku
Posts: 162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 2:04:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:32:08 AM, Oryus wrote:
I know two separate women personally that this has happened to except they were both incidents in universities.. I can't remember the universities now but justice was never delivered. Never. For either of them. They both had to leave the universities and none of the athletes reputations or positions on their respective teams were compromised.

I'm glad that anyone, including anonymous, has attempted to spread word of disgusting things like this which happen and tried to bring justice when the authorities have done nothing. Things like this make me lose my faith in humanity.

Humans are just absurdly repulsive sometimes.

It's ridiculous what we'll allow people to get away with in the name of sports.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 2:13:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What are they trying to do? Get the Internet against them? If the police already know about the raping, why would they change their decision?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 5:13:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:04:26 AM, DoctorDeku wrote:
http://rollredroll.com...

Thoughts?

Hmm.

No question the alleged acts are unacceptable.

Whether or not anonymous vigilante justice is the answer is rather nebulous. Once such measures are taken, none of that becomes admissible evidence in a court of law (although it looks like the legal system is failing here as well).
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 10:24:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
MEEHHHH..

I have very mixed feelings on these hacker vigilantes. I one hand, I love it when they do stuff like this PROVIDED the people are actually guilty. However, none of that evidence will put any of them in jail. Example: The pictures in the email address. How do we know they didnt plant those? Their definitely not a unbiased third party.

Plus, it's goddamn illegal to do that.

I'm fine with capturing rapists bastards, but I feel like this will only strengthen the football teams case.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 12:39:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 1:04:26 AM, DoctorDeku wrote:
http://rollredroll.com...

Thoughts?

As it seems this makeshift vigilante's videos are systematically being taken down, I thought it appropriate to link a more legitimate source of this news:

http://www.nytimes.com...

Very, very long story.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
DoctorDeku
Posts: 162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 10:47:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 2:13:11 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are they trying to do? Get the Internet against them? If the police already know about the raping, why would they change their decision?

They're claiming that the police aren't doing anything about it. This website was brought to my attention in the first place from a thread on Reddit.
http://www.reddit.com...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 5:33:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This was a good thing for Anonymous to do. I hope they send this to the colleges that these boys are applying to as well as to the employers they will attempt to get the interest of. The women that they interact with in the future deserve to be aware of this.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 9:00:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/31/2012 5:33:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This was a good thing for Anonymous to do. I hope they send this to the colleges that these boys are applying to as well as to the employers they will attempt to get the interest of. The women that they interact with in the future deserve to be aware of this.

I disagree.

This incident was already receiving press, there was already media pressure and public awareness on the town to do something.

What anonymous did was to render inadmissible in a court of law the data on the email accounts (s)he hacked into. For all we know, anonymous could have been allied with the perpetrators of this crime.

I thank DoctorDeku for posting the article, but he could have accomplished the same (awareness) by posting something from a more reputable source.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 10:25:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/31/2012 9:00:36 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/31/2012 5:33:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This was a good thing for Anonymous to do. I hope they send this to the colleges that these boys are applying to as well as to the employers they will attempt to get the interest of. The women that they interact with in the future deserve to be aware of this.

I disagree.

This incident was already receiving press, there was already media pressure and public awareness on the town to do something.

They weren't doing anything, and they still can.
What anonymous did was to render inadmissible in a court of law the data on the email accounts (s)he hacked into.
In similar cases, the courts literally have done nothing (see Savannah Dietrich case), and we can always protest this law.
For all we know, anonymous could have been allied with the perpetrators of this crime.

I thank DoctorDeku for posting the article, but he could have accomplished the same (awareness) by posting something from a more reputable source.

We can get these kids to starve to death. Send this to everybody they ever meet.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 10:27:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was reading about this on Jezebel, and Anonymous exposed a video in which one of the kids was laughing about raping her and killing her. What a sick freak. Send that to everybody he ever meets.
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 10:30:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is the problem with humans. We must annihilate all men but me and leave the women in my safe hands.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 11:03:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/24/2012 10:47:04 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:
At 12/24/2012 2:13:11 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are they trying to do? Get the Internet against them? If the police already know about the raping, why would they change their decision?

They're claiming that the police aren't doing anything about it. This website was brought to my attention in the first place from a thread on Reddit.
http://www.reddit.com...

Jesus, Reddit.
What do you propose we do if the police won't do anything? Kill them?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why are the guys automatically guilty?
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:11:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.

I highly doubt if anonymous would have malicious intentions- if these people were truly anonymous in the first place. Anonymous is a scattered group of people risking their assses to try and do good in the world. If they were the perpetrators, they are not aligned with the overall values of anonymous and shouldn't be considered members of anonymous. If they were anonymous, they probably did something misguided albeit well-intentioned.

If the guilt of the men is a given and they have not been prosecuted despite evidence against them, then I wholeheartedly agree that releasing information about them is acceptable. Accountability is important.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:13:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 2:11:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.

I highly doubt if anonymous would have malicious intentions- if these people were truly anonymous in the first place. Anonymous is a scattered group of people risking their assses to try and do good in the world. If they were the perpetrators, they are not aligned with the overall values of anonymous and shouldn't be considered members of anonymous. If they were anonymous, they probably did something misguided albeit well-intentioned.

If the guilt of the men is a given and they have not been prosecuted despite evidence against them, then I wholeheartedly agree that releasing information about them is acceptable. Accountability is important.

But the men are innocent until proven guilty, so as of yet they are not guilty.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:15:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 2:13:27 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:11:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.

I highly doubt if anonymous would have malicious intentions- if these people were truly anonymous in the first place. Anonymous is a scattered group of people risking their assses to try and do good in the world. If they were the perpetrators, they are not aligned with the overall values of anonymous and shouldn't be considered members of anonymous. If they were anonymous, they probably did something misguided albeit well-intentioned.

If the guilt of the men is a given and they have not been prosecuted despite evidence against them, then I wholeheartedly agree that releasing information about them is acceptable. Accountability is important.

But the men are innocent until proven guilty, so as of yet they are not guilty.

Yeah, I think the point in releasing information was that there is evidence they are guilty which was being ignored.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:16:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 2:15:04 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:13:27 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:11:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.

I highly doubt if anonymous would have malicious intentions- if these people were truly anonymous in the first place. Anonymous is a scattered group of people risking their assses to try and do good in the world. If they were the perpetrators, they are not aligned with the overall values of anonymous and shouldn't be considered members of anonymous. If they were anonymous, they probably did something misguided albeit well-intentioned.

If the guilt of the men is a given and they have not been prosecuted despite evidence against them, then I wholeheartedly agree that releasing information about them is acceptable. Accountability is important.

But the men are innocent until proven guilty, so as of yet they are not guilty.

Yeah, I think the point in releasing information was that there is evidence they are guilty which was being ignored.

That makes more sense.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:50:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 2:13:27 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:11:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.

I highly doubt if anonymous would have malicious intentions- if these people were truly anonymous in the first place. Anonymous is a scattered group of people risking their assses to try and do good in the world. If they were the perpetrators, they are not aligned with the overall values of anonymous and shouldn't be considered members of anonymous. If they were anonymous, they probably did something misguided albeit well-intentioned.

If the guilt of the men is a given and they have not been prosecuted despite evidence against them, then I wholeheartedly agree that releasing information about them is acceptable. Accountability is important.

But the men are innocent until proven guilty, so as of yet they are not guilty.

They have not been legally proven guilty, but there is video evidence that has been released that proves that they committed the crimes. I don't care what their legal status is; the video proves that they did it. It's that simple.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:57:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 2:50:23 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:13:27 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:11:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 2:07:16 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:59:34 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:51:45 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:17:55 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
Why are the guys automatically guilty?

Have you read this thread?

Yes I have, that's why I don't know why anonymous stepped in.

If I were to guess, I would say anonymous is working for the perpetrators of this alleged crime, and are attempting to destroy incriminating evidence.

Just a guess, and yes I can be quite cynical.

The reason for my guess is that there's really no net benefit this anonymous hacker contributed to this investigation. All he/she did was to invalidate potentially incriminating evidence in the eyes of a court of law. There was already a LOT of media attention on this incident.

I highly doubt if anonymous would have malicious intentions- if these people were truly anonymous in the first place. Anonymous is a scattered group of people risking their assses to try and do good in the world. If they were the perpetrators, they are not aligned with the overall values of anonymous and shouldn't be considered members of anonymous. If they were anonymous, they probably did something misguided albeit well-intentioned.

If the guilt of the men is a given and they have not been prosecuted despite evidence against them, then I wholeheartedly agree that releasing information about them is acceptable. Accountability is important.

But the men are innocent until proven guilty, so as of yet they are not guilty.

They have not been legally proven guilty, but there is video evidence that has been released that proves that they committed the crimes. I don't care what their legal status is; the video proves that they did it. It's that simple.
Still, legally they are not guilty so there is no reason to destroy their reputations.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush