Jump to topic:

Freedom fighter inspired by Fox News.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 5:36:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Randolph Linn, Indiana Man, Drank 45 Beers, Got 'Riled Up' By Fox News Before Mosque Arson

An Indiana man who plead guilty to setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told the judge that, prior to the arson, he had been "riled up" watching Fox News.

On Sept. 30, Randolph Linn of St. Joseph, Ind., tried to burn down the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, The Plain Dealer previously reported. It was reported that he attempted to burn down the mosque in retaliation for attacks on U.S. embassies in the Middle East and for Muslims getting a "free pass" in the U.S. While being booked in jail, Linn reportedly said, "F**k those Muslims."

In court on Wednesday, Linn plead guilty to the arson charge. He said that he had gotten "riled up" watching Fox News, according to the Sentinel-Tribune, and drank 45 beers in seven hours before heading to the mosque. Linn started a fire in the prayer room, northwestohio.com reported.

"Every day you turn on the TV, you see Muslims trying to kill Americans," he said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. When asked whether he thinks all Muslims are terrorists, Linn reportedly responded, "I"d say most of them are."

Linn's viewpoints upset some in attendance at the court hearing on Wednesday.

"And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, "Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?"" a member of the mosque told WNWO after the hearing. "And he said, "No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.""

Linn plead guilty to intentionally defacing, damaging and destroying religious real property because of the religious character of that property; using fire to commit a felony; and using and carrying a firearm to commit a crime of violence, the Albany Tribune reported. He likely faces 20 years in prison.

"The freedom to worship in the manner of one"s choosing is one of our most fundamental rights as Americans," Thomas E. Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division told the Albany Tribune. "The Department of Justice and the Civil Rights Division will continue to aggressively prosecute hate-based attacks on houses of worship. I commend the cooperative efforts of local and federal law enforcement officials to ensure justice in this case."

Video: [http://www.huffingtonpost.com...]
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 5:38:29 PM
What a thoughtless moron.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 6:38:08 PM
I was watching CNN earlier. I'm thinking about killing a bunch of babies.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2012 7:13:18 PM
Eh, Fox News is ignorant when it comes to Islam, though they sometimes do try to be fair and put some knowledgeable people on the show. That guy is an idiot regardless.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 1:58:03 PM
At 12/24/2012 5:38:29 PM, Oryus wrote:
What a thoughtless moron.

Actually, he had some thoughts, of a bigoted and benighted nature and pandered to and validated by the likewise bigoted and benighted, i.e., "conservative", morons on Fox News. Come on, own up to it, the conservative camp is the natural bastion of phobes (Islamophobes, Hispanophobes, homophobes, etc.) and haters.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:05:45 PM
At 12/24/2012 6:38:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I was watching CNN earlier. I'm thinking about killing a bunch of babies.

Hahahahaaaa. That was pretty funny.