Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Burger King Uses Horse Meat

Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:46:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:18:18 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
http://www.npr.org...

"But this time around, the potential danger isn't to Britons' physical health, but their emotional well-being.

For as long as a year, British consumers who thought they were buying beef products may have been unknowingly eating pork and horse, as well."

lol wtf does it matter which animal it is??

The only thing I can see is the pork thing-religion and such.

But horse? Why do people care?

You say cow-tato, I say horse-ah-to.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 4:58:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Really, I think the main problem is that you don't know what you're eating. It could be horse, it could be cyanide. Who knows?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:25:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So many people engage in a bizarre sort of horse-worship.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 6:02:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This must have been a genuine mistake because in Europe horse meat is more expensive than beef...it is not popular in Britain but the French love it because of it has a sweet and savoury flavour.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 8:27:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 2:18:18 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
http://www.npr.org...

I thaught we already established that you can make any kind of meat taste good, even abortion fetus's
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:36:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

They're cuter than adult cats.
http://www.pawesome.net...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:38:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:36:16 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

They're cuter than adult cats.
http://www.pawesome.net...

well maybe adult/cat hybrids. Although humans have had a great tradition of slaughtering other humans at a mass scale.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:40:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:38:54 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:36:16 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

They're cuter than adult cats.
http://www.pawesome.net...

well maybe adult/cat hybrids. Although humans have had a great tradition of slaughtering other humans at a mass scale.

Agreed. We're pretty good at that.

In my defense, you did ask me how I would feel about eating cat- not the general population. I would eat that ugly Nic Cat anytime.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:44:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:40:51 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:38:54 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:36:16 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

They're cuter than adult cats.
http://www.pawesome.net...

well maybe adult/cat hybrids. Although humans have had a great tradition of slaughtering other humans at a mass scale.

Agreed. We're pretty good at that.

In my defense, you did ask me how I would feel about eating cat- not the general population. I would eat that ugly Nic Cat anytime.

well cannibalism kind of leads to problems of mad-cow disease forming, so its not really ideal. There's also the problem that it take a ton of energy/food to bring it to the right age for slaughtering.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 1:49:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:44:23 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:40:51 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:38:54 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:36:16 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

They're cuter than adult cats.
http://www.pawesome.net...

well maybe adult/cat hybrids. Although humans have had a great tradition of slaughtering other humans at a mass scale.

Agreed. We're pretty good at that.

In my defense, you did ask me how I would feel about eating cat- not the general population. I would eat that ugly Nic Cat anytime.

well cannibalism kind of leads to problems of mad-cow disease forming, so its not really ideal. There's also the problem that it take a ton of energy/food to bring it to the right age for slaughtering.

But... but I've got the hunger for chimeras :(
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 9:57:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"cannibalism kind of leads to problems of mad-cow disease forming," Not true, Mad cow disease comes from eating the brains of an infected animal. IE: cattle are given feed that is contaminated from other animals who had it in most cases. Yes cattle are given ground up meat of other animals. A human can not get "mad cow disease" There is a form of it that humans get but it is in no way related to mad cow disease nor is it contracted the same way.

Excerpts from source:

"You can't get Mad Cow Disease or Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, because you aren't a cow. People who get a disease from exposure to the prion develop a variant of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) known as vCJD. You can develop CJD randomly or from a genetic mutation, completely unrelated to Mad Cow Disease."

""MCD, BSE, CJD, and vCJD are all members of a class of diseases called transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSE).
"It appears that some people are genetically pre-disposed toward developing TSEs. This means that the risk of contracting the disease is not equal for all people. Some people may be more at risk; others may have a natural protection.
"CJD occurs randomly in about one out of a million people.
"The inherited version of CJD accounts for about 5-10% of all cases.
"vCJD may be passed on by tissue implants and theoretically by blood transfusion or blood products."
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 11:57:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 9:57:53 AM, sadolite wrote:
"cannibalism kind of leads to problems of mad-cow disease forming," Not true, Mad cow disease comes from eating the brains of an infected animal. IE: cattle are given feed that is contaminated from other animals who had it in most cases. Yes cattle are given ground up meat of other animals. A human can not get "mad cow disease" There is a form of it that humans get but it is in no way related to mad cow disease nor is it contracted the same way.

So all I have to do is not eat the brains, and I'm good. Don't know why I was so worried about cannibalism then.

Excerpts from source:

"You can't get Mad Cow Disease or Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, because you aren't a cow. People who get a disease from exposure to the prion develop a variant of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) known as vCJD. You can develop CJD randomly or from a genetic mutation, completely unrelated to Mad Cow Disease."


""MCD, BSE, CJD, and vCJD are all members of a class of diseases called transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSE).
"It appears that some people are genetically pre-disposed toward developing TSEs. This means that the risk of contracting the disease is not equal for all people. Some people may be more at risk; others may have a natural protection.
"CJD occurs randomly in about one out of a million people.
"The inherited version of CJD accounts for about 5-10% of all cases.
"vCJD may be passed on by tissue implants and theoretically by blood transfusion or blood products."
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 8:11:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position...

Ohhh, I wouldn't be so sure...

http://inkchromatography.files.wordpress.com...
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 8:12:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 1:34:25 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:32:45 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 1:22:55 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position... If this could happen in America: cats were kept for their meat as much as horses are and animals were kept for their meat in a way which I approve, cats would be no exception. Pigs are just as smart as cats or dogs, if not smarter, and I would eat pigs if they were raised in a way I approve. It would be stupid of me to be freaked out by eating cat. And I certainly wouldn't boycott a place for serving it nor would I call it a "scandal" or a "controversy." A slip-up, more like- and one they came clean on. Eating one of my own cats is a different story. But that would go for a pet pot-belly pig too.

Pigs aren't as cute as cats though. In reality, cuteness > intelligent in terms of likelihood to be taken care of vs. killed by a human.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com...

correction, adult pigs aren't cute.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

They can be simply adorable.

http://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 9:03:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 8:11:31 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position...

Ohhh, I wouldn't be so sure...

http://inkchromatography.files.wordpress.com...

I don't eat meat, bro. That won't happen to me.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 9:04:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/3/2013 9:03:07 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/3/2013 8:11:31 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:24:59 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/2/2013 5:06:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
imagine if your a horse owner and you eat horse meat? You're a cat-owner, Oryus. Would you feel comfortable eating meat that you thought was beef but turned out to be cat meat?

Ummm, that's kind of a weird question to ask me because I'm guaranteed to never be put in that position...

Ohhh, I wouldn't be so sure...

http://inkchromatography.files.wordpress.com...

I don't eat meat, bro. That won't happen to me.

Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaahhhh.
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 8:20:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/2/2013 4:58:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Really, I think the main problem is that you don't know what you're eating. It could be horse, it could be cyanide. Who knows?

Cyanide....
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:49:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/4/2013 8:20:03 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 2/2/2013 4:58:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Really, I think the main problem is that you don't know what you're eating. It could be horse, it could be cyanide. Who knows?

Cyanide....

Was that a bad example?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 1:44:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I had a neighbor who was Filipino and his family "lost" their dog about every 6 months (he was my age and I think I was 8 or 9 yo, and he'd be so sad every time). We were pretty good friends, or good enough that I ate at his house from time to time.

I'm pretty sure I ate dog, and I'm pretty sure it was delicious. Not sure I'd have thought so if I knew, but not knowing, and highly suspecting after the fact (it was a bbq bun thing, and the meat was a little stringy...like deer that's been stewed)...I did enjoy it.

I like veal, though, so I don't have a lot of room to talk here.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...