Jump to topic:

The Shooter

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:39:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In an interview with esquire, the guy who shot Bin Laden told his story.
"The poverty-stricken ex-commando is now struggling to feed his family and pay for healthcare."
"[SEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee,"
"[Bin Laden] crumpled onto the floor in front of his bed. He was dead. I watched him take his last breaths," the Shooter recalls. "And I remember as I watched him breathe out the last part of air, I thought: Is this the best thing I"ve ever done, or the worst thing I"ve ever done?"
http://rt.com...
http://www.esquire.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:51:52 PM
Unfortunately it was a Bin Laden look-alike admitted by the BBC.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:52:43 PM
At 2/11/2013 12:51:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Unfortunately it was a Bin Laden look-alike admitted by the BBC.

I know, but let's pretend like it really as him for the sake of the story.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 1:15:24 PM
BBC admits the man gunned down was not Bin Laden and admits the OBL videos were edited by the Pentagon:
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 1:25:22 PM
At 2/11/2013 1:15:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
BBC admits the man gunned down was not Bin Laden and admits the OBL videos were edited by the Pentagon:

You see, this is why I rarely bother looking into the sources of conspiracy theorists: they always turn out to be bullsh!t. Nowhere in that video does the BBC admit that the man gunned down was not Bin Laden. And the second half of that video isn't even from the BBC. I can't believe I wasted 5 minutes of my life checking whether your source was accurate.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 1:28:20 PM
I thought it was most interesting that his first thought afterword was:
"Is this the best thing I've ever done, or the worst thing I've ever done?"

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 3:13:46 PM
At 2/11/2013 1:25:22 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 2/11/2013 1:15:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You see, this is why I rarely bother looking into the sources of conspiracy theorists: they always turn out to be bullsh!t. Nowhere in that video does the BBC admit that the man gunned down was not Bin Laden.

Why are you lying. The whole first half of the video was the BBC reporter interviewing the neighbors of the man alleged to be Bin Laden and the local newspaper stand and they all said that was not Bin Laden. It couldn't be any more clear, but you're clearly in denial.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 3:14:57 PM
At 2/11/2013 1:28:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I thought it was most interesting that his first thought afterword was:
"Is this the best thing I've ever done, or the worst thing I've ever done?"

Yeah, because he killed a civilian. He probably felt bad about that.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 3:21:33 PM
At 2/11/2013 3:13:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why are you lying. The whole first half of the video was the BBC reporter interviewing the neighbors of the man alleged to be Bin Laden and the local newspaper stand and they all said that was not Bin Laden. It couldn't be any more clear, but you're clearly in denial.

i.e. it wasn't the BBC admitting the shooting was fake, but the BBC interviewing people who thought the shooting was fake. So you're the one who is lying.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 4:03:16 PM
At 2/11/2013 3:21:33 PM, Kinesis wrote:

i.e. it wasn't the BBC admitting the shooting was fake, but the BBC interviewing people who thought the shooting was fake. So you're the one who is lying.

Semantics. By BBC I meant BBC report. Why do you ignore the testimony of neighbors with nothing to gain from lying?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 4:26:38 PM
Osama is dead.

If he was alive his associated terror groups would use each and every opportunity to post video of him alive and well to shame western media.

SEAL team 6 is a lie by the way, they don't exist anywhere outside of the official story.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 4:51:14 PM
At 2/11/2013 4:03:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/11/2013 3:21:33 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Semantics. By BBC I meant BBC report. Why do you ignore the testimony of neighbors with nothing to gain from lying?

It's not semantics. The BBC 'admitted' nothing. You knew perfectly well that what you wrote had very different connotations from what was actually the case, but you decided to say it anyway to push your conspiracist beliefs.

I didn't 'ignore' the testimony, that just wasn't the topic I was addressing. I was addressing your dishonesty. I dunno why, it just really annoyed me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 6:15:48 PM
At 2/11/2013 4:51:14 PM, Kinesis wrote:
It's not semantics. The BBC 'admitted' nothing. You knew perfectly well that what you wrote had very different connotations from what was actually the case, but you decided to say it anyway to push your conspiracist beliefs.

I didn't 'ignore' the testimony, that just wasn't the topic I was addressing. I was addressing your dishonesty. I dunno why, it just really annoyed me.

The BBC reporter was blatantly complicit. If the BBC wanted to denounce such claims, they would have made it clear.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 6:18:39 PM
At 2/11/2013 4:26:38 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
Osama is dead.

If he was alive his associated terror groups would use each and every opportunity to post video of him alive and well to shame western media.

SEAL team 6 is a lie by the way, they don't exist anywhere outside of the official story.

Yeah, I'm the one who has been saying he was dead since 2001, that's according to inside intelligence, former head in Iraq Benazir Bhutto, and mainstream news reports.

You're the one who believed he was alive for 10 years even though he was long gone.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:09:08 AM
At 2/11/2013 6:15:48 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The BBC reporter was blatantly complicit. If the BBC wanted to denounce such claims, they would have made it clear.

I'm quite a lot more familiar with the BBC than you are, apparently. It's a rare day when the BBC actually offers some opinion on something outside the 'opinion' section on its website. They interviewed some conspiracists, and broadcast the interviews free of manipulation. So fvcking what? Reading into that that they agree with the conspiracists is ridiculous. They interview countless people all the time, coming from countless different viewpoints.