Jump to topic:

Chris Dorner Shootout

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 5:36:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Did anyone read his manifesto, did it look like he was probably right about corrupt cops or whatever he was complaining about?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 5:39:21 PM
At 2/12/2013 5:36:25 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Did anyone read his manifesto, did it look like he was probably right about corrupt cops or whatever he was complaining about?

i've read snippets of it. I think its likely he's correct about the LAPD.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 5:42:01 PM
While I bet he's probably right about the LAPD, still doesn't justify his actions.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 6:10:24 PM
At 2/12/2013 5:42:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
While I bet he's probably right about the LAPD, still doesn't justify his actions.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 6:55:51 PM
The house is on fire now.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:18:59 PM
I live in Los Angeles. The LAPD is probably very racist and corrupt. But Dorner is an absolute monster. I hope he burns to death in that cabin. A slow painful death.
#BlackLivesMatter
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:21:34 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:18:59 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I live in Los Angeles. The LAPD is probably very racist and corrupt. But Dorner is an absolute monster. I hope he burns to death in that cabin. A slow painful death.

Yes, Dorner is a monster. He is a monster who was created by the LAPD, however. I read the entirely of his manifesto; this is what happens when decent people are subjected to injustice.

I don't support either party. Both are evil.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:25:34 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:21:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yes, Dorner is a monster. He is a monster who was created by the LAPD, however. I read the entirely of his manifesto; this is what happens when decent people are subjected to injustice.

The thing is I know atleast 4 different journalist trying to find evidence to support his claim. It honestly seems like he made it up. Try googling it
#BlackLivesMatter
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:34:52 PM

Yes, Dorner is a monster. He is a monster who was created by the LAPD, however. I read the entirely of his manifesto; this is what happens when decent people are subjected to injustice. :

Seriously?

Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:46:33 PM
It really doesn't matter whether or not his claims are true...he killed a bunch of innocent people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:47:33 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:25:34 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

The thing is I know atleast 4 different journalist trying to find evidence to support his claim. It honestly seems like he made it up. Try googling it

False.

1. The schizophrenic man who was abused by the LAPD has come forward and stated that the story was correct.

2. The LAPD opened up investigation on his charges again. Hmm, I wonder why they did that . . .

3. Retired LAPD cops have come forward with stories similar to his own. They all indicate that the LAPD is corrupt and racist and they all say they believe him.

4. I believe him based on his manifesto. It came across to me as a document that was written by someone who felt betrayed by the system and who snapped as a result of that.

5. The LAPD did a nice job proving that they aren't reckless, corrupt officials by not shooting two innocent women in a car that was a different model and a different color than his car . . .Oh, wait, they did do that . . . Hmmm
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:48:07 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:46:33 PM, 000ike wrote:
It really doesn't matter whether or not his claims are true...he killed a bunch of innocent people.

I agree. He should be held culpable. The LAPD has also killed innocent people. Hold them culpable as well.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 7:59:47 PM
This guy was all talk... I work in Corona, where the 2 of the officers were fired on (just a mile or 2 from my office), and these guys are not dealing with much confrontation over here, pretty pathetic to target them. Not sure why he even attacked them, since he was supposedly aiming at the LAPD.

Either way, he's f*cked now.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:01:54 PM
At 2/12/2013 7:48:07 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I agree. He should be held culpable. The LAPD has also killed innocent people. Hold them culpable as well.

Here's a question: Dorner has purposefully targeted police officers and their families, so civilians as well; the LAPD officers that shot at the two women in the truck believed, obviously mistakenly, that it was Dorner's vehicle.

Who should be held more culpable for their actions? Dorner, who knows what he's doing; or the LAPD officers, who should have known better?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:13:06 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:01:54 PM, Volkov wrote:

Here's a question: Dorner has purposefully targeted police officers and their families, so civilians as well; the LAPD officers that shot at the two women in the truck believed, obviously mistakenly, that it was Dorner's vehicle.

Who should be held more culpable for their actions? Dorner, who knows what he's doing; or the LAPD officers, who should have known better?

Everyone should be held responsible for their actions. Why should Dorner be less responsible for his actions than the officers of the LAPD for theirs?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:13:56 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:13:06 PM, 000ike wrote:

Everyone should be held responsible for his or her actions. Why should Dorner be less responsible for his actions than the officers of the LAPD for theirs?

*fixing that bad grammar
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:18:24 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:13:06 PM, 000ike wrote:

Everyone should be held responsible for their actions. Why should Dorner be less responsible for his actions than the officers of the LAPD for theirs?

Well, my initial position would be that they shouldn't - both have done things that they should be held 100% responsible for.

Then I think about the situations. Dorner is going around shooting these people with a strict purpose on mind - it is his intent to kill these specific persons. The two LAPD officers, as far as I know, were reacting out of fear of what Dorner has done. One action has the intent, the other action is almost accidental (assuming what we know is what happened, and that those women weren't killed for another reason).

Why should the LAPD officers be held just as responsible for what appears to be an accident, versus Dorner who has a purpose?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:51:43 PM
At 2/12/2013 6:10:24 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 2/12/2013 5:42:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:52:23 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:44:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Did they intentionally set the house on fire?

Yes they did. Btw Royal I'm not defending the LAPD. But NOTHING excuses Dorner
#BlackLivesMatter
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:54:53 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:44:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Did they intentionally set the house on fire?

Probably. Hope he burns to death, or suffocates. Maybe accidentlally discharge a couple rounds into his legs. He deserves it.

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 8:59:22 PM
This is rather interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Joe Jones Manifesto: Former LAPD Cop Says He Had Similar Experiences As Alleged Cop Killer, Chris Dorner"
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:11:27 PM
At 2/12/2013 8:59:22 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
This is rather interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Joe Jones Manifesto: Former LAPD Cop Says He Had Similar Experiences As Alleged Cop Killer, Chris Dorner"

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:12:31 PM
Anyways, they burned him to death. I know you guys are satisfied that he died and suffered in the process of dying, but in reality, nobody wins.

http://news.yahoo.com...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:14:03 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:11:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The cops set the house on fire. They're destroying someone's property.

Yeah, they should totally risk people lives to go inside a house were he is prepared for them, has the advantage, and is set up, when the could simple set the house on fire. I'm pretty sure its obvious Royal. My god.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:16:30 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:12:31 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Anyways, they burned him to death. I know you guys are satisfied that he died and suffered in the process of dying, but in reality, nobody wins.

The innocents that cold have died if he continued his rampage do I think. Glad he died horribly. I don't see why your defending him. No ones contesting that LAPD is portably corrupt as hell. Still NOTHING about it being racist, or kicking mental people justifies him killing innocents. Quit defending the murderer.

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:18:22 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:12:31 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Actualy, due to the intense heat of the fire and smoke inhalation, burning to death is not as painful as most people believe. It is painful, sure, but the pain only lasts a few seconds. So he could have very well died a worse death had they went into the house. For instance he could have been shot in the stomach, causing the stomach acid to pour out and start dissolving his insides.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:18:25 PM
At 2/12/2013 9:14:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/12/2013 9:11:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The cops set the house on fire. They're destroying someone's property.

Yeah, they should totally risk people lives to go inside a house were he is prepared for them, has the advantage, and is set up, when the could simple set the house on fire. I'm pretty sure its obvious Royal. My god.

Are they going to be paying the owner for the loss of his property?