Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Israeli sniper scandal.

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 5:42:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The case widens:

"Following the recent exposure by a courageous girl surfing Yahoo of a picture by an Israeli soldier showing a child in the crosshairs of a rifle scope, sources confirmed today that the scandal has widened to reveal that all countries, cities, towns, and villages in the world have been engaging in police and military brutality.

"While the situation appeared at first to be limited to this one incident between an Israeli soldier and an Arab child, we see now that it is far more extensive than we had initially believed," said an FBI official who spoke on condition of anonymity due to the ongoing investigation. "Indeed, evidence shows that the soldier is, in fact, just one of literally tens of thousands of police officers and soldiers who we now believe have engaged in misconduct such as beatings, gratuity, verbal threats, sexual assault, theft, harassment, drinking, perjury, torture, and rape over the last several hundred millennia."

"No matter how far back we go, we just continue to find more and more corroborating proof of abuses and scandals," the official added. "There's simply no end in sight."

Officials were reportedly first alerted to the allegations after the discovery of thousands of documents this week, including e-mails, letters, photographs, carvings, and other forms of recordings which led them to believe that millions of other people have been the victims of police brutality since perhaps the dawn of the Bronze Age, and that it continues today in all 196 countries worldwide.

A further investigation into the matter then revealed not only that a proportion of law enforcers and soldiers have been corrupt throughout modern history, but also that they have been so at least since the first villages and communities sprang up with a need for law enforcement, and that soldiers behaving iniquitously is a natural phenomenon that may indeed be widespread and prevalent throughout all human eras.

"The scope of this scandal is simply astonishing. There is currently enough evidence to implicate entire armies and organizations from every part of the world, even dating back before the creation of modern international states," said one source close to the investigation, adding that the FBI has collected millions of first-person accounts of people who have either victims themselves or witnessed the violence and abuse. "There are even thousands of hours of video evidence that cyber-security experts in D.C. and Langley have managed to find on the Internet."

"The real question is, "Who knew about this? And for how long?"" the anonymous source added.

According to reports, a comprehensive global probe jointly conducted by the FBI and CIA also revealed that, in addition to the apartheid state of Israel, other regimes alleged to have had police brutality incidents in the past include the United States, France, the Roman Empire, Ireland, The People's Republic of China, Australia, Turkey, Ancient Egypt, Carthage, the Saka tribes, Somalia, the Golden Horde, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Madagascar, Sweden, Norway, Brazil, Greenland, the Republic of Texas, the Achaemenid empire, Sri Lanka, Yemen, all of the Greek city-states, the Republic of Massalia, Yugoslavia, Sudan, the Kushan empire, Japan, India, the Averni Confederacy, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Mexico, the Palestinian Authority, Singapore, and Nazi Germany, as well as every state or city that has ever existed.

"A closer look at the evidence indicates that even the peacekeepers in the earliest cities engaged in acts of violence and rape," said Dr. Jacob Reynolds, a historian at the University of North Carolina. "But it is very possible that this controversy stretches back farther than any of our historical records."

While the full extent of the investigation is not known at this time, sources said the FBI will likely continue looking into the matter until "everyone and everything involved in this matter is brought to light." Whether boycotts or sanctions will be leveled at all of the states currently in existence is a matter of debate.

At press time, officials estimated that hundreds of police and military personal are engaging in these crimes at this exact moment."


-[http://xxcheshiii-chanxx.deviantart.com...]
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque. I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.
I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:05:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.
I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?

Perhaps if you want to be considered credible you should, and stop focusing on Israel so much. There is a reason people think your anti-semitic.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:08:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:05:31 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.
I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?

Perhaps if you want to be considered credible you should, and stop focusing on Israel so much. There is a reason people think your anti-semitic.

Some people believe that anybody who criticizes Israel is Anti-Semitic. I have criticized the US, the USSR, Nazi Germany, India, Afghanistan, and the UK on this forum as well as statism in general, but MouthWash has failed to recognize this. In fact, I think that MouthWash is the one who is actually racist because he only accuses me of being Anti-Semitic when I disparage Israel; he has never insinuated that I am racist when I have claimed that other nations have committed crime. MouthWash is the true racist, not I. He only defends Israel.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:09:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I cannot possibly criticize every failing of every state. There is nothing wrong with focusing on the failings I am aware of. I do not lose credibility by criticizing Israel's policies.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:18:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:08:39 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:05:31 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.
I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?

Perhaps if you want to be considered credible you should, and stop focusing on Israel so much. There is a reason people think your anti-semitic.

Some people believe that anybody who criticizes Israel is Anti-Semitic. I have criticized the US, the USSR, Nazi Germany, India, Afghanistan, and the UK on this forum as well as statism in general, but MouthWash has failed to recognize this. In fact, I think that MouthWash is the one who is actually racist because he only accuses me of being Anti-Semitic when I disparage Israel; he has never insinuated that I am racist when I have claimed that other nations have committed crime. MouthWash is the true racist, not I. He only defends Israel.

I never said I agreed with MW.

Also, its VERY clear to anyone that though you may sometimes throw in a complaint about some other state you VERY OFTEN make a thread about Israel.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:43:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:18:33 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:08:39 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:05:31 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.
I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?

Perhaps if you want to be considered credible you should, and stop focusing on Israel so much. There is a reason people think your anti-semitic.

Some people believe that anybody who criticizes Israel is Anti-Semitic. I have criticized the US, the USSR, Nazi Germany, India, Afghanistan, and the UK on this forum as well as statism in general, but MouthWash has failed to recognize this. In fact, I think that MouthWash is the one who is actually racist because he only accuses me of being Anti-Semitic when I disparage Israel; he has never insinuated that I am racist when I have claimed that other nations have committed crime. MouthWash is the true racist, not I. He only defends Israel.

I never said I agreed with MW.

Also, its VERY clear to anyone that though you may sometimes throw in a complaint about some other state you VERY OFTEN make a thread about Israel.

If Israel doesn't like it, then it shouldn't be doing evil things so often.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ok, since I am accused of being Anti-Semitic and have been told that I should not focus on one country, let's apply this logic to other situations and see if MW agrees. When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust. I find this to be very disturbing given that so many cultures have committed genocide. Why do we only focus on the Nazis? To counter the fact that we have been teaching about the Holocaust for 50 years, I think we ought to stop teaching about it and focus on other genocides instead. Talking about the Holocaust is Anti-Nazi.

I eagerly await MouthWash's enthusiastic agreement. Oh, what's that? He's doesn't agree? Hmm, so his logic is obviously dumb.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 8:01:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
@royal I don't think the problem is that you 'focus' too much on Israel. You seem to have a prejudice against Israel. You prrsent a one sided argument. The issue you are discussing in this thread, and the other one is pretty much a non issue, and has already been resolved on a national level.

Harping on and on about it serves no purpose. Israel AGREES it was wrong. Disciplinary action was already taken.

On a personal note, I think you are a little idealist in some senses. You seem to be surprised by the fact that Israelis don't like Palestinians. There are a lot of issues worth discussing, if we talk about Israel Palestine. This isn't one of them. This doesn't prove anything. The very fact that you're trying to prove something through the issue, points at prejudice.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 12:08:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:43:11 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:18:33 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:08:39 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:05:31 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.
I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?

Perhaps if you want to be considered credible you should, and stop focusing on Israel so much. There is a reason people think your anti-semitic.

Some people believe that anybody who criticizes Israel is Anti-Semitic. I have criticized the US, the USSR, Nazi Germany, India, Afghanistan, and the UK on this forum as well as statism in general, but MouthWash has failed to recognize this. In fact, I think that MouthWash is the one who is actually racist because he only accuses me of being Anti-Semitic when I disparage Israel; he has never insinuated that I am racist when I have claimed that other nations have committed crime. MouthWash is the true racist, not I. He only defends Israel.

I never said I agreed with MW.

Also, its VERY clear to anyone that though you may sometimes throw in a complaint about some other state you VERY OFTEN make a thread about Israel.

If Israel doesn't like it, then it shouldn't be doing evil things so often.

Red-herring.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2013 12:11:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 8:01:25 AM, Cermank wrote:
@royal I don't think the problem is that you 'focus' too much on Israel. You seem to have a prejudice against Israel. You present a one sided argument. The issue you are discussing in this thread, and the other one is pretty much a non issue, and has already been resolved on a national level.

Harping on and on about it serves no purpose. Israel AGREES it was wrong. Disciplinary action was already taken.

On a personal note, I think you are a little idealist in some senses. You seem to be surprised by the fact that Israelis don't like Palestinians. There are a lot of issues worth discussing, if we talk about Israel Palestine. This isn't one of them. This doesn't prove anything. The very fact that you're trying to prove something through the issue, points at prejudice.

fix'd & +1
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 8:58:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 6:56:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/26/2013 11:31:38 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 2/26/2013 6:00:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is a terrible argument. Everyone does it so Israel should be able to do it too! No, nobody should be able to do it. Shut down all of the armies.

That would be Tu Quoque.
That was precisely my point.
I can't imagine how stupid someone would have to be to miss the point of this.

I was able to comprehend your point quite well give that it was a tu quo que fallacy.

No, you thought it was because you think everything I say is defensive of Israel. You can't imagine that people aren't as ideological as you are.

I'm just making a statement on how bizarre it is that you take random incidents from the country you love to despise and involve politics in it. When was the last time you posted Japanese or Algerian police brutality, hmmm? Not as bad as when the Zionist State does it?

So, given that I am unable to criticize every atrocity by every state, I am supposed to ignore Israel's shortcomings?

No, but this seems a little extreme.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 9:00:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, since I am accused of being Anti-Semitic and have been told that I should not focus on one country, let's apply this logic to other situations and see if MW agrees. When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust. I find this to be very disturbing given that so many cultures have committed genocide. Why do we only focus on the Nazis? To counter the fact that we have been teaching about the Holocaust for 50 years, I think we ought to stop teaching about it and focus on other genocides instead. Talking about the Holocaust is Anti-Nazi.

I eagerly await MouthWash's enthusiastic agreement. Oh, what's that? He's doesn't agree? Hmm, so his logic is obviously dumb.

I agree. I actually completely agree.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 11:50:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
...When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust...

Is it really focused on exclusivly?
I know that it does get special attention (for obvious reasons, not limited to http://en.wikipedia.org...).
But is it really "almost exclusively" focused on?
Who has not heard of the genocides of The Ottoman Empire including the; Armenian Genocide, Assyrian Genocide, & Greek genocide. Or the genocide during the Great Irish Famine. Or the genocides In Iraq, Tibet, Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur / Sudan. etc.
I don't think that the holocost is focused on exclusively. (Nor should it be).
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 5:48:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/28/2013 11:50:45 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
...When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust...

Is it really focused on exclusivly?
I know that it does get special attention (for obvious reasons, not limited to http://en.wikipedia.org...).
But is it really "almost exclusively" focused on?
Who has not heard of the genocides of The Ottoman Empire including the; Armenian Genocide, Assyrian Genocide, & Greek genocide. Or the genocide during the Great Irish Famine. Or the genocides In Iraq, Tibet, Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur / Sudan. etc.
I don't think that the holocost is focused on exclusively. (Nor should it be).

1. The point of the argument was to demonstrate the absurdity of MW's logic.

2. Every genocide has distinctive features.

3. I never learned about any of those genocides in schools.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 10:50:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, since I am accused of being Anti-Semitic and have been told that I should not focus on one country, let's apply this logic to other situations and see if MW agrees. When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust. I find this to be very disturbing given that so many cultures have committed genocide. Why do we only focus on the Nazis? To counter the fact that we have been teaching about the Holocaust for 50 years, I think we ought to stop teaching about it and focus on other genocides instead. Talking about the Holocaust is Anti-Nazi.

No, its not, just like talking about some of the bad things Israel does isn't anti-Semitic. Though, I would wager that a lot of us are anti-Nazi, so who cares?

But JUST focusing on Israel, ALWAYS bashing them, NEVER even bothering to see it from their perspective....that definitely comes off as just hating Israel, and maybe anti-Semitic.

But, I do agreed talking about other genocides is a good idea. The Holocaust is simply one of the biggest most recent ones, in a big part of history.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 10:53:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 10:50:10 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, since I am accused of being Anti-Semitic and have been told that I should not focus on one country, let's apply this logic to other situations and see if MW agrees. When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust. I find this to be very disturbing given that so many cultures have committed genocide. Why do we only focus on the Nazis? To counter the fact that we have been teaching about the Holocaust for 50 years, I think we ought to stop teaching about it and focus on other genocides instead. Talking about the Holocaust is Anti-Nazi.

No, its not, just like talking about some of the bad things Israel does isn't anti-Semitic. Though, I would wager that a lot of us are anti-Nazi, so who cares?

But JUST focusing on Israel, ALWAYS bashing them, NEVER even bothering to see it from their perspective....that definitely comes off as just hating Israel, and maybe anti-Semitic.

But, I do agreed talking about other genocides is a good idea. The Holocaust is simply one of the biggest most recent ones, in a big part of history.

What if Israel deserves to be hated?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 10:54:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 10:53:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/1/2013 10:50:10 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, since I am accused of being Anti-Semitic and have been told that I should not focus on one country, let's apply this logic to other situations and see if MW agrees. When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust. I find this to be very disturbing given that so many cultures have committed genocide. Why do we only focus on the Nazis? To counter the fact that we have been teaching about the Holocaust for 50 years, I think we ought to stop teaching about it and focus on other genocides instead. Talking about the Holocaust is Anti-Nazi.

No, its not, just like talking about some of the bad things Israel does isn't anti-Semitic. Though, I would wager that a lot of us are anti-Nazi, so who cares?

But JUST focusing on Israel, ALWAYS bashing them, NEVER even bothering to see it from their perspective....that definitely comes off as just hating Israel, and maybe anti-Semitic.

But, I do agreed talking about other genocides is a good idea. The Holocaust is simply one of the biggest most recent ones, in a big part of history.

What if Israel deserves to be hated?

Maybe blindly hating them is a better word.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 12:29:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 5:48:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/28/2013 11:50:45 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
...When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust...

Is it really focused on exclusivly?
I know that it does get special attention (for obvious reasons, not limited to http://en.wikipedia.org...).
But is it really "almost exclusively" focused on?
Who has not heard of the genocides of The Ottoman Empire including the; Armenian Genocide, Assyrian Genocide, & Greek genocide. Or the genocide during the Great Irish Famine. Or the genocides In Iraq, Tibet, Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur / Sudan. etc.
I don't think that the holocost is focused on exclusively. (Nor should it be).

1. The point of the argument was to demonstrate the absurdity of MW's logic.

No, it wasn't. You believed that I succumbed to the same biases that you do, only from my own perspective, and used that as another Tu Quoque. I don't.

2. Every genocide has distinctive features.

3. I never learned about any of those genocides in schools.

As I said, I completely agree with you.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 12:38:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 10:53:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/1/2013 10:50:10 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, since I am accused of being Anti-Semitic and have been told that I should not focus on one country, let's apply this logic to other situations and see if MW agrees. When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust. I find this to be very disturbing given that so many cultures have committed genocide. Why do we only focus on the Nazis? To counter the fact that we have been teaching about the Holocaust for 50 years, I think we ought to stop teaching about it and focus on other genocides instead. Talking about the Holocaust is Anti-Nazi.

No, its not, just like talking about some of the bad things Israel does isn't anti-Semitic. Though, I would wager that a lot of us are anti-Nazi, so who cares?

But JUST focusing on Israel, ALWAYS bashing them, NEVER even bothering to see it from their perspective....that definitely comes off as just hating Israel, and maybe anti-Semitic.

But, I do agreed talking about other genocides is a good idea. The Holocaust is simply one of the biggest most recent ones, in a big part of history.

What if Israel deserves to be hated?

What do you mean by 'Israel?' The government? The military? The people? When you start blurring them into one abstract entity called "Israel" and try to delegitimize it as a whole, that's anti-Semitic. royalpaladin simply focuses on distinct incidents, such as this sniper, and use it to attack 'Israel' as a whole. The OP demonstrates the absurdity of this. She completely missed the point because she doesn't operate on the same level of logic as other people do, but assumes that they do (and believed that I would actually disagree that the Holocaust wasn't the only genocide that needed to be taught about).

And if royalpaladin had simply said that everyone should cede their lands to the distant descendants of whoever happened to hold them first (which would by definition include the Jews giving Israel to the descendants of the ancient Canaanites) that's fine. It's ridiculous, of course, and we could point out the absurd reasoning used to arrive at her conclusion, but it isn't anti-Semitic. But when you apply the logic specifically to Israel and claim that the native Arabs (who are in conflict with Israel) just all coincidentally happen to be the descendants of the ancients Canaanites, and not even knowing the basic history of the region while ignoring established genetic and historical studies in order to make your point, that's anti-Semitic.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 12:40:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 5:48:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/28/2013 11:50:45 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
...When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust...

Is it really focused on exclusively?
I know that it does get special attention (for obvious reasons, not limited to http://en.wikipedia.org...).
But is it really "almost exclusively" focused on?
Who has not heard of the genocides of The Ottoman Empire including the; Armenian Genocide, Assyrian Genocide, & Greek genocide. Or the genocide during the Great Irish Famine. Or the genocides In Iraq, Tibet, Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur / Sudan. etc.
I don't think that the holocost is focused on exclusively. (Nor should it be).

1. The point of the argument was to demonstrate the absurdity of MW's logic.

It's not absurd logic at all. Do you really think the holocaust should be focused on exclusively?
2. Every genocide has distinctive features.

Obviously everything has some sort of distinctive features to some extent.
My point was that it's uniqueness makes it worthy of special (not exclusive) attention.
Do you not agree?
If not, I'd love to debate it.

3. I never learned about any of those genocides in schools.
Really, You never learned about any of them? Even famous ones like Pol Pots' genocide in Cambodia (70's), or Armenian Genocide by turkey/Ottoman empire (1915-1920), or Darfur?
That's a shame. I did, so I assumed most do. I Hope your school is the exception.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 5:22:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/27/2013 7:09:56 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I cannot possibly criticize every failing of every state. There is nothing wrong with focusing on the failings I am aware of. I do not lose credibility by criticizing Israel's policies.

Yes, but do you not intentionally seek our sources that demonize or criticize Israel.

Have you ever, for example, looked up or sought out information on the corruption of China, Cuba, the same Gaza Strip that you probably worship, The Congo's, North Korea, etc.?

I bet at least half are a big fat N to the O
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 5:15:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 12:40:36 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 3/1/2013 5:48:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/28/2013 11:50:45 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:45:33 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
...When we discuss genocide in history classes, we almost exclusively focus on the genocide that was committed by Nazis, the Holocaust...

Is it really focused on exclusively?
I know that it does get special attention (for obvious reasons, not limited to http://en.wikipedia.org...).
But is it really "almost exclusively" focused on?
Who has not heard of the genocides of The Ottoman Empire including the; Armenian Genocide, Assyrian Genocide, & Greek genocide. Or the genocide during the Great Irish Famine. Or the genocides In Iraq, Tibet, Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur / Sudan. etc.
I don't think that the holocost is focused on exclusively. (Nor should it be).

1. The point of the argument was to demonstrate the absurdity of MW's logic.

It's not absurd logic at all. Do you really think the holocaust should be focused on exclusively?
2. Every genocide has distinctive features.

Obviously everything has some sort of distinctive features to some extent.
My point was that it's uniqueness makes it worthy of special (not exclusive) attention.
Do you not agree?
No, I don't agree. Extermination camps were invented in the United States (reservations) and were exported to South Africa when the British invaders used them against the Dutch invaders (Boers). Documents indicate that reservations for Native Americans were not meant to be living places; they were created in order to hasten their deaths.

The US government is still funding medical experimentation on Native Americans RIGHT NOW.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

If not, I'd love to debate it.

3. I never learned about any of those genocides in schools.
Really, You never learned about any of them? Even famous ones like Pol Pots' genocide in Cambodia (70's), or Armenian Genocide by turkey/Ottoman empire (1915-1920), or Darfur?
That's a shame. I did, so I assumed most do. I Hope your school is the exception.

I was taking AP classes. I never studied any world history.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 6:17:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes, why get too terribly distressed about it, he's an Israeli after all, so he ipso facto has to be a "good guy" merely engaged in a bit of harmless funning, it's not as though he's some vile and demonic Arab. (A disclaimer for any literalistic "libertarian" reading this, yes, I'm being sarcastic and not actually asserting that Israelis are good guys and that Arabs are vile and demonic)
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 6:24:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 5:22:54 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:09:56 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I cannot possibly criticize every failing of every state. There is nothing wrong with focusing on the failings I am aware of. I do not lose credibility by criticizing Israel's policies.

Yes, but do you not intentionally seek our sources that demonize or criticize Israel.

Have you ever, for example, looked up or sought out information on the corruption of China, Cuba, the same Gaza Strip that you probably worship, The Congo's, North Korea, etc.?

I bet at least half are a big fat N to the O

As if you test your pro-capitalist convictions by routinely facing the uglier facts and actualities of real-world capitalism with thoroughgoing good faith.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 6:29:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/2/2013 6:24:12 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/1/2013 5:22:54 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 2/27/2013 7:09:56 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I cannot possibly criticize every failing of every state. There is nothing wrong with focusing on the failings I am aware of. I do not lose credibility by criticizing Israel's policies.

Yes, but do you not intentionally seek our sources that demonize or criticize Israel.

Have you ever, for example, looked up or sought out information on the corruption of China, Cuba, the same Gaza Strip that you probably worship, The Congo's, North Korea, etc.?

I bet at least half are a big fat N to the O

As if you test your pro-capitalist convictions by routinely facing the uglier facts and actualities of real-world capitalism with thoroughgoing good faith.

I would not say with good faith, but due to the fact that most american media outlets are already leftist, I think I am subjected to it involuntarily enough as it is. I also do study the opposing view quite a bit (something you obviously don't practice, since you are extremely ignorant in world history, and any info/facts that might contradict your ideology), I read the Marx's Manifesto, for example. I also read Obama's "Dreams from my father", a book by Clinton (can't remember name off the top of my head), I also balance my bias by getting info from WaPo (leftist media outlet)