Jump to topic:

N. Korea vows to nuke the U.S.

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 4:17:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lol. Anti-US rhetoric binds the nation together. The frequency of the 'threats' just underlines the turmoil and instabliity within the nation. They are deflecting the attention.
Lizard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 10:58:11 AM
The lizard remembers them saying something like this a couple years back. Didn't happen then either. Then again, maybe that's the plan. Lull us into a false sense of security and then actually follow through with their threats!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 7:22:57 PM
"N. Korea vows to nuke the U.S." DC would be a good target! No just kidding..........Or am I.

|
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lizard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 4:21:43 PM
At 3/9/2013 7:22:57 PM, sadolite wrote:
"N. Korea vows to nuke the U.S." DC would be a good target! No just kidding..........Or am I.

|

lol
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 11:19:03 PM
At 3/9/2013 7:22:57 PM, sadolite wrote:

That may lead to peaceful anarchism. But we could never have that and a free market, because the government guys with the guns told me that it's bad.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
jerry148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 5:46:17 AM
Even if they were able to launch a nuke, it wouldn't get very far. But then there would be some real reaction to their bellicosity.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 12:39:57 AM
At 3/16/2013 5:46:17 AM, jerry148 wrote:
Even if they were able to launch a nuke, it wouldn't get very far. But then there would be some real reaction to their bellicosity.

'Murrica
jerry148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 12:58:06 AM
'Murrica

I don't understand why you're mocking me....

If the US were to become incapacitated, and a war broke out involving the major European powers, how long do you seriously think Israel would last against its neighbors?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 1:03:04 AM
At 3/17/2013 12:58:06 AM, jerry148 wrote:
'Murrica

I don't understand why you're mocking me....

If the US were to become incapacitated, and a war broke out involving the major European powers, how long do you seriously think Israel would last against its neighbors?

Are you seriously trying to argue that I shouldn't mock you because you're from America and I'm from Israel, and your country supports my country?
jerry148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 12:50:09 PM
Are you seriously trying to argue that I shouldn't mock you because you're from America and I'm from Israel, and your country supports my country?

I apologize. Of course you can mock anyone you please.

I'm just pointing out that you're mocking me for saying that if North Korea were to start a war with the US, then the US would actually take meaningful action instead of the pussyfooting it does today. And I'm telling you that if my country were to become incapacitated for some reason, you'd be lucky to last 6 months. I guess it's easy to mock when you have not yet had to put our...friendship...to the test.

But I think if push came to shove, we wouldn't actually jump in to help you. The political climate in my country right now is so fractured, we wouldn't touch another war in the Middle East with a 10-foot pole.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 2:58:44 PM
At 3/17/2013 12:50:09 PM, jerry148 wrote:

I apologize. Of course you can mock anyone you please.

I'm just pointing out that you're mocking me for saying that if North Korea were to start a war with the US, then the US would actually take meaningful action instead of the pussyfooting it does today. And I'm telling you that if my country were to become incapacitated for some reason, you'd be lucky to last 6 months. I guess it's easy to mock when you have not yet had to put our...friendship...to the test.

But I think if push came to shove, we wouldn't actually jump in to help you. The political climate in my country right now is so fractured, we wouldn't touch another war in the Middle East with a 10-foot pole.

Mr. Homer Simpson,

Your argument is fallacious because of a number of reasons.

1. It assumes that my moral judgement about the situation takes the current geopolitical situation into account. Even if I had been American, the response would not have changed. I don't support Israel 'retaliating' against the toy bombs Arabs send over here.

2. It assumes Notth Korea poses any threat to Americans. The present yield of NK nuclear missiles is less than the first US nuclear missile. US could pulverate them in a click.

3. It assumes that Israel has no capacity to thward weak as$ Arab attacks without US backing. While this might have been true in 1948 or even during the six day war, Israel has considerably strong defence structure now. US supports it, and is a great global diplomatic help, but Israel isn't leaching on it.

But by all means, America is like, the greatest nation on earth. No one should ever threaten it. Not even that retarded kid in the playground.

The land of the free would show them the consequences.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 3:02:21 PM
Considering how disproportionately the US responds to military threats, this is like a crazy guy with a knife poking a bear armed with missile launchers.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 3:39:13 PM
At 3/17/2013 3:02:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Considering how disproportionately the US responds to military threats, this is like a crazy guy with a knife poking a bear armed with missile launchers.

This. The US has become to pussified and politicly correct to do anything. A north korean civilian might get killed or injured. That would make the US look bad. No, we will just take it on the chin, and cower into irrelevance like we are doing now.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 12:22:21 PM
North Korea is the nation-state equivalent of the short bus. I'm not scared.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 4:17:22 PM
At 3/18/2013 12:22:21 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

You should be.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 4:33:18 PM
At 3/18/2013 12:22:21 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

http://memegenerator.net...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 4:36:52 PM
At 3/17/2013 3:39:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/17/2013 3:02:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:

This. The US has become to pussified and politicly correct to do anything. A north korean civilian might get killed or injured. That would make the US look bad. No, we will just take it on the chin, and cower into irrelevance like we are doing now.

Take what on the chin? They aren't a military threat, they aren't reaching out and touching us so what exactly do we take on the chin? They're like small children acting out to get attention, they pose no real threat to our well being but for some reason we should knock their block off?

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 4:40:55 PM
Political correctness is only a overdone within the states. There is no such thing as political correctness when it comes to international relations and war. Military leaders recognize that racism is one of the greatest tools in an armies playbook, you're a much better soldier if you're of the mindset that those Iraqis or those Afghanis are inferior peoples to yourself. We've got plenty of derogatory terms for those we are engaged in combat with and I don't think anyone in the military is too concerned with political correctness.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 4:44:51 PM
At 3/7/2013 4:08:29 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com...

I'd love to see a coup in North Korea... and carpet bombing of the Northern side of the DMZ.
Tsar of DDO
jerry148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 4:18:22 PM
1. It assumes that my moral judgement about the situation takes the current geopolitical situation into account. Even if I had been American, the response would not have changed. I don't support Israel 'retaliating' against the toy bombs Arabs send over here.

Your moral judgement about a scenario which you have very little control over is irrelevant. As is my own.

2. It assumes Notth Korea poses any threat to Americans. The present yield of NK nuclear missiles is less than the first US nuclear missile. US could pulverate them in a click.

Any use of nuclear material, whether in a missile heading for a city, or several "suitcase nukes" detonated in metropolitan ares, is a threat. Not only to American security, but to any country's security.

3. It assumes that Israel has no capacity to thward weak as$ Arab attacks without US backing. While this might have been true in 1948 or even during the six day war, Israel has considerably strong defence structure now. US supports it, and is a great global diplomatic help, but Israel isn't leaching on it.

Trust me, I have definitely taken Israel's capacity to wage war into my statement. Assuming that tactical nuclear weapons are off the table, you would most likely be able to hold your own for several months, if you had no support from NATO, the UN (not like it does anything anyway, but that's a different matter), the EU, or America.

Let's look at the scenario in terms of manpower. You have anywhere between 500,000 and 800,000 IDF soldiers either active or reserve. A 2000 estimate of your military capacity puts your country's "available for military service (ages 17-49)" at ~3.1 million. That's not just "fit for military service", that's "available". But, as it is 2013, let's just say , for argument's sake, that the available is currently between 4 and 5 million.

Now let's add up all the estimated available troops for the countries surrounding Israel who are frenemies with you guys. I'll leave terrorist groups out of the mix.

Lebanon, which is, to my knowledge, still considered to be in a state of war with Israel, has about 2.2 million available for service. Saudi Arabia is more neutral, but their 8 million available would most likely be dragged in if an actual war broke out between Israel and other Middle Eastern countries. Iraq has a little over 700,000 active and reserve. Iran has about 700,000. Egypt has about 1.5 million in active and reserve. Pakistan, who isn't exactly buddy-buddy with Israel, adds about another million. Discounting Saudi Arabia, that's a combined total of about 6 million.

Of course, all of this assumes quite a lot, but you can clearly see that it's a fairly balanced situation.

But by all means, America is like, the greatest nation on earth. No one should ever threaten it. Not even that retarded kid in the playground.

See, now you just sound like a typical hater. I never implied that "omg, America is, like, the greatest nation on earth, and nobody would ever mess with it!", nor do I think that. I am proud of my country's military, but I don't consider us to be "omg, the greatest evar!".

The land of the free would show them the consequences.

Yes, because there are consequences to using nuclear weapons on a country. As America has clearly learned after bombing Japan - nuclear proliferation.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 7:02:30 AM
North Korea is just Sahara raddaling. They aren't really going to do anything.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~