Jump to topic:

US vs North Korea, the latest development

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:51:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
North Korea put its rocket units on standby on Friday to attack U.S. military bases in South Korea and the Pacific, after the United States flew two nuclear-capable stealth bombers over the Korean peninsula in a rare show of force.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un signed off on the order at a midnight meeting of top generals and "judged the time has come to settle accounts with the U.S. imperialists in view of the prevailing situation", official KCNA news agency said.

LIVE UPDATES: http://reut.rs...

Why, US, why? This is atrocious. A lose-lose for both of the countries. Terrible decision making.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:33:46 PM
Pyongyang, March 29 (KCNA) - The moves of the U.S. imperialists to violate the Sovereignty of the DPRK and supreme encroach upon its Interests have Entered a serious phase.

Not content with letting B-52 sorties over South Korea make in succession DESPITE the Repeated warnings, They Made B-2A stealth bomber and other strategic strategic strike means fly from Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri State, the U.S. over South Korea on March 28 for the first time in history to commit dangerous provocation Such as staging a drill Openly for striking ground targets of the DPRK.

Proves That This fully brigandish the ambition of the U.S. imperialists for aggression to stand in confrontation With The DPRK has Reached an extreme phase meaningful defying the warning made ​​by its revolutionary armed forces in the March 26 statement of the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army.

In view of the prevailing grim situation, Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Marshal Kim Jong Un , first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, convened meeting an urgent operation on the KPA Strategic Rocket Force's performance of duty for firepower strike at the Supreme Command at 00:30 Friday.

Present Yong Hyon Chol There Were, chief of the KPA General Staff, Ri Yong Gil, director of the Operation Bureau, Kim Yong Chol, director of the Reconnaissance General Bureau, and Kim Rak Gyom, commander of the Strategic Rocket Force.

At the first meeting I received a report from General Kim Yong Chol, vice chief who tambi"n of the General Staff of the KPA, on the information about the nature of nuclear strike action of the means of the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces.

After Receiving a report from Lieut. General Kim Rak Gyom on the technical conditions of the strategic strike means of the KPA, I made ​​an important decision.

I've said I've Judged the time has come to settle accounts With The U.S. imperialists in view of the prevailing situation.

If They make a reckless provocation with huge strategic forces, the KPA Should mercilessly strike the U.S. mainland, Their stronghold, Their military bases in the operational theaters in the Pacific, Including Hawaii and Guam, and Those in South Korea, I said. Examined and finally I Ratified the plan of the Strategic Rocket Force for firepower strike.

The U.S. imperialists let B-2A make sorties over South Korea in succession, indicating once again Their hostile acts against That the DPRK have Entered a reckless phase, going beyond the phase of threat and blackmail, I said.

B-2A's flight to the sky above South Korea is not a simple demonstration of forces in reaction to the tough stand of the DPRK but an ultimatum That They Will ignite a nuclear war at any cost on the Korean Peninsula, I NOTED, underlining the need to put a definite end to the times When They Could Threaten and blackmail the DPRK with nukes.

I've Declared the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK would react to the U.S. nuclear blackmail with a nuclear merciless attack, and war of aggression With An all-out war of justice.

I've finally signed the plan on technical preparations of strategic rockets of the KPA, ordering them to be standby for fire so That They may strike any time the U.S. mainland, its military bases in the operational theaters in the Pacific, Including Hawaii and Guam, and Those in South Korea.

He said the enemies are bringing dark clouds of a nuclear war testing the DPRK's self-restraint, adding the DPRK can no longer tolerate this. I ordered the KPA to blow up and reduces everything to ashes at a single strike, if an order is issued.

I've said the heroic service personnel of the KPA and all other people, Their hearts burning with irrepressible resentment at the reckless war provocation moves of the U.S. imperialists, are now waiting for a Final Order of the WPK Central Committee, hardening Their will to turn out in a do-or-die Battle with the enemies.

REMAIN The KPA will never passive onlooker to the U.S. imperialists to 'frantic moves for aggression but do its best to defend the destiny of the country and nation, I said.

It is the truth confirmed by history That no force on earth can hold in check the people all out for the just cause, I NOTED, stressing if an undesired war breaks out again on This Land due to the Consequences of the unpardonable action of the U.S. imperialists, it will bring them to ruin and the Korean shameful nation will greet the bright day of national reunification.

The important decision made ​​by him under the severe situation where the Korean Peninsula has been pushed to the brink of a nuclear war by the U.S. imperialists will mark a turning point in putting an end to the history of the long-standing showdown With The U.S. and opening a new phase of history.
My-Self
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:45:40 PM
It's like slapping a person until they want to fight you. "Don't get mad *slap*, don't fight me bro *slap*, you look mad *slap*." *Punches in defense* "What's wrong with you?! U MAD BRO! Quit starting fights!"
"Genesis could be compatible with anything. Theologians are great at mental gymnastics." ~ phantom
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:48:11 PM
More like a little kid poking you with a stick, they just want attention. and it works, I couldn't name the leaders of Pakistan or India, huge nuclear threats, but I can tell you who the goofy leader of a small deadbeat nation is.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:51:04 PM
At 3/28/2013 11:45:40 PM, My-Self wrote:
It's like slapping a person until they want to fight you. "Don't get mad *slap*, don't fight me bro *slap*, you look mad *slap*." *Punches in defense* "What's wrong with you?! U MAD BRO! Quit starting fights!"

Except in this case US had the option of just ignoring the retarded whining. No force was employed by North Korea. It was all talks.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 12:29:04 AM
I found this article on North Korea's strategy interesting (in the YYWian sense of the word): http://www.stratfor.com...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 12:45:55 AM
At 3/29/2013 12:29:04 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
I found this article on North Korea's strategy interesting (in the YYWian sense of the word): http://www.stratfor.com...

This is a great article. Gives too much credit to NK at times, but an interesting read, nonetheless.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 1:11:10 AM
At 3/28/2013 10:51:51 PM, Cermank wrote:
North Korea put its rocket units on standby on Friday to attack U.S. military bases in South Korea and the Pacific, after the United States flew two nuclear-capable stealth bombers over the Korean peninsula in a rare show of force.

It was not a rare show of force. The US ANNUALLY performs large scale military exercises commensurate with the level of agitation that NK proffered up to that point.

When NK sunk a SK patrol boat, we shelled an island just a couple miles off the coast of NK for days. That was also not a "rare show of force".

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un signed off on the order at a midnight meeting of top generals and "judged the time has come to settle accounts with the U.S. imperialists in view of the prevailing situation", official KCNA news agency said.

Why, US, why? This is atrocious. A lose-lose for both of the countries. Terrible decision making.

sigh...I swear, it's like the world just woke up one day and decided to put on their "I hate NK jerseys", not realizing that the US has been doing this for decades.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 11:40:55 AM
At 3/29/2013 1:11:10 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

It was not a rare show of force. The US ANNUALLY performs large scale military exercises commensurate with the level of agitation that NK proffered up to that point.

When NK sunk a SK patrol boat, we shelled an island just a couple miles off the coast of NK for days. That was also not a "rare show of force".

This was actually copy pasted from a Reuters report.

sigh...I swear, it's like the world just woke up one day and decided to put on their "I hate NK jerseys", not realizing that the US has been doing this for decades.

I actually was blaming US here. It started the physical confrontation.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 8:20:54 PM
At 3/29/2013 11:40:55 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/29/2013 1:11:10 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

This was actually copy pasted from a Reuters report.

I actually was blaming US here. It started the physical confrontation.

In geopolitics, it matters very little in a moral sense who strikes the first blow.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 1:37:18 AM
North Korea said on Saturday it was entering a "state of war" with South Korea in a continuing escalation of angry rhetoric directed at Seoul and Washington, but the South brushed off the statement as little more than tough talk.

The two Koreas have been technically in a state of war for six decades under an armistice that ended their 1950-53 conflict. Despite its threats few people see any indication Pyongyang will risk a near-certain defeat by re-starting full-scale war.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2013 12:02:13 PM
The best thing we could do is to cut a deal with China to stop deporting NK defectors back to NK and set up a group of countries where these people can resettle to.

When we stop playing these stupid games with them they will stop using rhetoric to get better deals cut for humanitarian aid.

We should not feel guilty that those poor people get starved and treated inhumanely. We should feel guilty that we don't do a damn thing for them after they escape the NK border.