Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Wichita Re-opening Abortion Clinic

Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:28:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For those that don't know, Wichita, Kansas (the largest city in Kansas) has been without abortion services of any kind since 2009 (as has Kansas in general)- the year that Dr. Tiller was shot and murdered in his church by Scott Roeder (an anti-abortion activist who, after being arrested and charged, reported that he felt "no remorse"). Before Dr. Tiller was murdered, in 1986 his clinic was firebombed and in 1993, he was shot in both arms by an anti-abortion activist named Shelley Shannon.

For anyone who has not gone to Wichita, the presence of the fanatical anti-abortion group is certainly known. When I lived there, I would regularly see semi-trucks drive around with pictures of dead fetuses on either side, passing out propaganda. Billboards along the highways would sometimes be all black with white text that ominously said the name of an activist, legislator, etc. who is pro-abortion and say, "we're watching" with the name of their website listed. Operation Rescue set up shop across the street from the Planned Parenthood I used to go to and they had a huge banner on the building that said something like, "THE GATES OF HELL DID NOT PREVAIL HERE" or some stupid sh1t like that.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, this is huge.

These people are risking their lives to open this clinic in Wichita, where tension is high. The last guy who did it was literally murdered. And Operation Rescue will do literally anything they can to shut the place down. They will give them hell each and every single day despite the clinic's legal right to operate.

An interview with the woman who is heading the operation: http://www.motherjones.com...

She is a former associate of Dr. Tiller.

And how does the overzealous pro-life group react to this? Well, just check out a headline on the information: http://www.lifenews.com...

"Identity of new Wichita, Kansas abortion practitioner exposed"

Why exactly are we "exposing" the names and personal information of the doctors involved?

Why were the doctors hiding their identities in the first place?

Because Operation Rescue is made up of a bunch of overzealous, fundamentalist, nutcases with a penchant for violence and intimidation. That's why.

Those psychos make me sick. I'm giving every spare dollar I can to that clinic.

Brief Wichita news article: http://www.kake.com...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:55:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
That abortionist is hot.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:57:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 4:55:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
That abortionist is hot.

Your mom is hot.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:58:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wasn't talking about the one from the first link, though. Yikes!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:59:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 4:58:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I wasn't talking about the one from the first link, though. Yikes!

Never mind. That would actually be the third link.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:59:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 4:58:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I wasn't talking about the one from the first link, though. Yikes!

She's not an abortionist.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:00:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is confusing as fvck.

This one:

http://www.lifenews.com...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:13:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:00:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is confusing as fvck.

This one:

http://www.lifenews.com...

What's confusing about it? The rampant misinformation strung together with a meandering writing style or the overzealous fundamentalism in general?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:17:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:13:11 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:00:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is confusing as fvck.

This one:

http://www.lifenews.com...

What's confusing about it? The rampant misinformation strung together with a meandering writing style or the overzealous fundamentalism in general?

I wasn't talking about that. I was trying to link to the article with the hot person and I kept getting the links mixed up. lol
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:24:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:17:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:13:11 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:00:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is confusing as fvck.

This one:

http://www.lifenews.com...

What's confusing about it? The rampant misinformation strung together with a meandering writing style or the overzealous fundamentalism in general?

I wasn't talking about that. I was trying to link to the article with the hot person and I kept getting the links mixed up. lol

You know, for the ddo president, you sure are scatterbrained.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:30:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, from MY perspective, it's people who, while they don't think their murdering people, are setting up a clinic to murder people. And I totally disagreed with the mob tactics being used, neither do I think they should be welcomed.

And it's probably gonna end up as a publicity stunt in the end. PP is about profits, which is kinda sick, not helping people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:35:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:30:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Well, from MY perspective, it's people who, while they don't think their murdering people, are setting up a clinic to murder people. And I totally disagreed with the mob tactics being used, neither do I think they should be welcomed.

And it's probably gonna end up as a publicity stunt in the end. PP is about profits, which is kinda sick, not helping people.

These people are not affiliated with planned parenthood. The lady who is starting it is simply a former associate of Tiller who started her own foundation in order to fund the operation. She is all about helping the women of wichita. She is making it her life's work.

The mob tactics are sickening. Honestly, I'm shocked these people haven't been legally considered a terrorist organization. Either way, they are making anti-abortion people seem unhinged. They are pure emotional rhetoric and threats of violence.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:39:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:35:46 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:30:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Well, from MY perspective, it's people who, while they don't think their murdering people, are setting up a clinic to murder people. And I totally disagreed with the mob tactics being used, neither do I think they should be welcomed.

And it's probably gonna end up as a publicity stunt in the end. PP is about profits, which is kinda sick, not helping people.

These people are not affiliated with planned parenthood. The lady who is starting it is simply a former associate of Tiller who started her own foundation in order to fund the operation. She is all about helping the women of wichita. She is making it her life's work.


Well then, I respect her motive, though not the actual idea of it.

The mob tactics are sickening. Honestly, I'm shocked these people haven't been legally considered a terrorist organization. Either way, they are making anti-abortion people seem unhinged. They are pure emotional rhetoric and threats of violence.

There is a book by a former PP clinic manager called Unplanned, talks a lot about how all those tactics only emboldened the workers inside. When eventually people just started sitting outside their clinic, quietly praying and offering pamphlets to anyone going in, not causing a disturbance, THEN they started being hard to hate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:06:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

Cause, I'm sure that couldn't go wrong. I mean, I'm sure all pro-lifers support this idea, and this would definitely increase support for abortion.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:29:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD

How is that? Didn't he get killed simply because he was an abortionist?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:39:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It takes incredible courage and dedication to open your doors again after the madness that occurred. I agree with Oryus that the fanaticism that leads to these doctor slayings is akin to terrorism.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:41:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 9:29:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD

How is that? Didn't he get killed simply because he was an abortionist?

Yes, but think of it from his perspective. He had a tit-for-tat mindset and justified the murder with that logic.

The guy thought, "hey, this guy kills babies. I'm gonna kill him."
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 12:27:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
When is it okay to make sexual comments about someone and when is it not okay? I mean, I've never offended anyone in real life but on forums, I am not sure because I obviously can't see their reaction.

If someone is talking about an actor/actress/model/singer, it seems to be fine to make sexual comments but when talking about a doctor it isn't?
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 12:59:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 12:27:11 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
When is it okay to make sexual comments about someone and when is it not okay? I mean, I've never offended anyone in real life but on forums, I am not sure because I obviously can't see their reaction.

If someone is talking about an actor/actress/model/singer, it seems to be fine to make sexual comments but when talking about a doctor it isn't?

When LK says ANYTHING, you just let it go because nothing reasonable will come to pass.

I learned that lesson long ago.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 6:55:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 5:30:49 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Well, from MY perspective, it's people who, while they don't think their murdering people, are setting up a clinic to murder people. And I totally disagreed with the mob tactics being used, neither do I think they should be welcomed.

And it's probably gonna end up as a publicity stunt in the end. PP is about profits, which is kinda sick, not helping people.

What's wrong with operating for profits?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 11:47:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 12:27:11 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
When is it okay to make sexual comments about someone and when is it not okay?

Easy. When they're hot, you can make sexual comments. When they're ugly, you can make comments- just not sexual comments.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 11:49:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 9:41:42 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:29:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD

How is that? Didn't he get killed simply because he was an abortionist?

Yes, but think of it from his perspective. He had a tit-for-tat mindset and justified the murder with that logic.

The guy thought, "hey, this guy kills babies. I'm gonna kill him."

That doesn't necessarily make it a bad position. With all this debate about abortion, it has pretty much divided individuals (on the aspect of abortion) into the equivalent two rival countries, which both hate each other. I would contend that an action of force should be retaliated with an appropriate action of force, regardless of the consequences of that action of force.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:08:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 11:49:44 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:41:42 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:29:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD

How is that? Didn't he get killed simply because he was an abortionist?

Yes, but think of it from his perspective. He had a tit-for-tat mindset and justified the murder with that logic.

The guy thought, "hey, this guy kills babies. I'm gonna kill him."

That doesn't necessarily make it a bad position. With all this debate about abortion, it has pretty much divided individuals (on the aspect of abortion) into the equivalent two rival countries, which both hate each other. I would contend that an action of force should be retaliated with an appropriate action of force, regardless of the consequences of that action of force.

.........

Well, I'm glad nobody is ever gonna put you in a position of authority.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 3:40:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 3:08:22 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/3/2013 11:49:44 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:41:42 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:29:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD

How is that? Didn't he get killed simply because he was an abortionist?

Yes, but think of it from his perspective. He had a tit-for-tat mindset and justified the murder with that logic.

The guy thought, "hey, this guy kills babies. I'm gonna kill him."

That doesn't necessarily make it a bad position. With all this debate about abortion, it has pretty much divided individuals (on the aspect of abortion) into the equivalent two rival countries, which both hate each other. I would contend that an action of force should be retaliated with an appropriate action of force, regardless of the consequences of that action of force.

.........

Well, I'm glad nobody is ever gonna put you in a position of authority.

If you're talking about political power, then I fully agree with you. Appealing to a bunch of retards, only to be controlled by my financial donors, sounds horrible.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 4:21:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 11:49:44 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:41:42 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 9:29:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/2/2013 7:15:22 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/2/2013 5:40:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Personally, I would opt for a tit-for-tat strategy.

They kill a doctor? Kill a pro-lifer.

They set up protest that infringes on business or demeans the organization? Raid a few of their houses.

etc...

lol That is the exact mentality that got Dr. Tiller killed in the first place. WTF, bro XD

How is that? Didn't he get killed simply because he was an abortionist?

Yes, but think of it from his perspective. He had a tit-for-tat mindset and justified the murder with that logic.

The guy thought, "hey, this guy kills babies. I'm gonna kill him."

That doesn't necessarily make it a bad position. With all this debate about abortion, it has pretty much divided individuals (on the aspect of abortion) into the equivalent two rival countries, which both hate each other. I would contend that an action of force should be retaliated with an appropriate action of force, regardless of the consequences of that action of force.

I wouldn't say it makes it a "bad" position per se. I've taken "the law" into my own hands before when it failed me.

However, letting it escalate into constant back-and-forth of murderous violence, gang rivalry style, is counterproductive to both group's causes and both group's people. It's just not a solution that any pragmatic person could really take seriously. Really, it's not a solution to the conflict at all. It's a band-aid..... that kills people....
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 4:36:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/2/2013 4:28:40 PM, Oryus wrote:
For those that don't know, Wichita, Kansas (the largest city in Kansas) has been without abortion services of any kind since 2009 (as has Kansas in general)- the year that Dr. Tiller was shot and murdered in his church by Scott Roeder (an anti-abortion activist who, after being arrested and charged, reported that he felt "no remorse"). Before Dr. Tiller was murdered, in 1986 his clinic was firebombed and in 1993, he was shot in both arms by an anti-abortion activist named Shelley Shannon.

For anyone who has not gone to Wichita, the presence of the fanatical anti-abortion group is certainly known. When I lived there, I would regularly see semi-trucks drive around with pictures of dead fetuses on either side, passing out propaganda. Billboards along the highways would sometimes be all black with white text that ominously said the name of an activist, legislator, etc. who is pro-abortion and say, "we're watching" with the name of their website listed. Operation Rescue set up shop across the street from the Planned Parenthood I used to go to and they had a huge banner on the building that said something like, "THE GATES OF HELL DID NOT PREVAIL HERE" or some stupid sh1t like that.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, this is huge.

These people are risking their lives to open this clinic in Wichita, where tension is high. The last guy who did it was literally murdered. And Operation Rescue will do literally anything they can to shut the place down. They will give them hell each and every single day despite the clinic's legal right to operate.

An interview with the woman who is heading the operation: http://www.motherjones.com...

She is a former associate of Dr. Tiller.

And how does the overzealous pro-life group react to this? Well, just check out a headline on the information: http://www.lifenews.com...

"Identity of new Wichita, Kansas abortion practitioner exposed"

Why exactly are we "exposing" the names and personal information of the doctors involved?

Why were the doctors hiding their identities in the first place?

Because Operation Rescue is made up of a bunch of overzealous, fundamentalist, nutcases with a penchant for violence and intimidation. That's why.

Those psychos make me sick. I'm giving every spare dollar I can to that clinic.

Brief Wichita news article: http://www.kake.com...

It's always amazing to me how "pro-life"ers could resort to murder in effort to articulate their point. As far as I'm concerned though, what they've done is domestic terrorism and those who kill abortion doctors should be sent to Gitmo. Just my thoughts...
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 4:53:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/3/2013 4:27:18 PM, tulle wrote:
"I've taken the law into my own hands"---Is that a confession... Batman?

Shhhh.........
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.