Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion

1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 1:21:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

Getting reports (not official) of around 130 injured and anywhere from 5 to 70 deaths, including 6 or 7 missing firefighters.

CNN is reporting via Spokesman for Texas Dept. for Public Safety that a nearby nursing home has collapsed and people may be trapped. Also homes within a four-block radius reportedly "blown away".

This week is a reminder to never complain about a slow news day.
William.Burnham
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 2:40:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The police scanners I was listening too just after it happened talked about how allot of the firefighters were "down". I'm expecting at least a dozen deaths, that fireball had to be huge.
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 12:52:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 1:21:28 AM, 1Percenter wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com...

Getting reports (not official) of around 130 injured and anywhere from 5 to 70 deaths, including 6 or 7 missing firefighters.



CNN is reporting via Spokesman for Texas Dept. for Public Safety that a nearby nursing home has collapsed and people may be trapped. Also homes within a four-block radius reportedly "blown away".

This week is a reminder to never complain about a slow news day.

/ it seems like one thing after another..
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 12:59:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
They aren't showing much about it on the news, accidents don't draw the kind of viewers intentional bombing does I guess.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Sola.Gratia
Posts: 278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 1:03:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 12:59:56 PM, lewis20 wrote:
They aren't showing much about it on the news, accidents don't draw the kind of viewers intentional bombing does I guess.

Well the only reason I found out about it is cause I was at school this morning and I heard people talking about it.. But idk your prolly right though..
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 1:04:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You'd think fertilizer plants would have as strict safety precautions as nuclear plants.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
William.Burnham
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 4:31:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 1:04:48 PM, lewis20 wrote:
You'd think fertilizer plants would have as strict safety precautions as nuclear plants.

You'd also think someone would have the brains to say "maybe we shouldn't build this thing next to a nursing home..."