North Korean threatens

buelg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 1:05:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Um, you know.
The north korean bro is threatening the world with their not so awsome nucleur missile. The U.S government is trying to help South Koreans with millitary support.
No war yet, but just show off. Do you guys think the U.S army should help South Korea?
I'm definitely Yes. You see, the North korean army is going to shoot the missile on either the white house, or Seoul province of south korea. And Seoul is where I live.
I don't want to die!
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 1:10:01 AM
Given their track record with new technology and accuracy, I'd be very surprised if they hit anywhere close to their intended target:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com...
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
buelg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 1:16:19 AM
At 5/11/2013 1:10:01 AM, drhead wrote:
Given their track record with new technology and accuracy, I'd be very surprised if they hit anywhere close to their intended target:

But it will still hit somewhere near and people would die, including me.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 3:56:47 PM
At 5/11/2013 1:10:01 AM, drhead wrote:

Ah-HAHA they failed.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 3:57:50 AM
So why is it, again, that N Koreans are forbidden by the world to have their own satellites? The UN doesn't deplore when we launch them...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 8:28:49 AM
At 5/14/2013 3:57:50 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
So why is it, again, that N Koreans are forbidden by the world to have their own satellites? The UN doesn't deplore when we launch them...

Well, obviously, their satellites quickly become orbiting pieces of space trash. We don't want other satellites crashing into ours. In addition, we require our satellites to have de-orbiting capability so that once their power supply is depleted, they can burn up in the atmosphere.

In other words, even if they don't make an orbital nuclear strike platform successfully, they could still kamikaze one of our satellites by accident.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:17:02 AM
At 5/14/2013 8:28:49 AM, drhead wrote:

Well, obviously, their satellites quickly become orbiting pieces of space trash. We don't want other satellites crashing into ours. In addition, we require our satellites to have de-orbiting capability so that once their power supply is depleted, they can burn up in the atmosphere.

In other words, even if they don't make an orbital nuclear strike platform successfully, they could still kamikaze one of our satellites by accident.

So if the N Koreans had an orbiting satellite system, we would refrain from launching any for ourselves to respect them? I don't even respect the concept of land-ownership, so space-ownership only gets even more dubious to me.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:15:17 AM
At 5/16/2013 8:17:02 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 5/14/2013 8:28:49 AM, drhead wrote:

So if the N Koreans had an orbiting satellite system, we would refrain from launching any for ourselves to respect them? I don't even respect the concept of land-ownership, so space-ownership only gets even more dubious to me.

No, but we'd probably ask them nicely to give their satellites de-orbiting capability and let us monitor the position of their satellites together with our own so that we don't add to the space trash problem.
Wall of Fail