Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Julian Assange Speaks Out After Exile

1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 12:14:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2013 9:45:51 PM, FREEDO wrote:
http://wikileaks.org...

Meh, the attention wore, has been out of the spotlight for too long.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 2:52:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/25/2013 2:18:26 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Is that all DDO has to say?

Devsadvocate is correct. Julian Assange is simply desperate to stay relevant, but hasn't yet realized that he happens to be a grade-A nutter. I can give examples when I have time.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
slo1
Posts: 4,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 8:24:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/25/2013 12:14:15 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 6/24/2013 9:45:51 PM, FREEDO wrote:
http://wikileaks.org...

Meh, the attention wore, has been out of the spotlight for too long.

Great way to demonize a guy who is just after exposing the truth. I can't believe all the people who took the governments line hook, line, and sinker when this dude exposes:

- The US military killing two Rutgers Journalists and 9 iraqi's while publicly lying that they were hostile forces.
- The US and Yemen lying that bombing of terrorist in Yemen were from Yemen and not US drones.
- Countless other unscrupulous dealings and pressures by the US government in the international scene.
- The pope refused to cooperate in an Irish sex abuse case
- China was behind a cyber attack against Google.

It takes a hell of alot more courage to stare the US government in the eye and expose the truth than it does for a President to declare someone an enemy of the state.

Thank goodness they have the resources to help this other kid who exposed NSA's trangressions against the american people.

The secret FOREIGN Intelligence Surveillance Court giving permission to collect phone call data of all domestic calls int he US? A court with the title of "foreign" in it giving permission for "domestic" data collection that is only arguably legal because of ambiguous language in the "un" Patriot act that by the way is secret in how the court interprets it, because it is a f'ing secret court designed to rule on foreign surveillance.

Let's give it all away people. Just don't complain when some j.a. gets in office and labels you as a "terrorist" because of some affiliation to an organization and you have zero recourse.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 4:19:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/25/2013 8:24:26 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/25/2013 12:14:15 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 6/24/2013 9:45:51 PM, FREEDO wrote:
http://wikileaks.org...

Meh, the attention wore, has been out of the spotlight for too long.

Great way to demonize a guy who is just after exposing the truth. I can't believe all the people who took the governments line hook, line, and sinker when this dude exposes:

- The US military killing two Rutgers Journalists and 9 iraqi's while publicly lying that they were hostile forces.
- The US and Yemen lying that bombing of terrorist in Yemen were from Yemen and not US drones.
- Countless other unscrupulous dealings and pressures by the US government in the international scene.
- The pope refused to cooperate in an Irish sex abuse case
- China was behind a cyber attack against Google.

It takes a hell of alot more courage to stare the US government in the eye and expose the truth than it does for a President to declare someone an enemy of the state.

Thank goodness they have the resources to help this other kid who exposed NSA's trangressions against the american people.

The secret FOREIGN Intelligence Surveillance Court giving permission to collect phone call data of all domestic calls int he US? A court with the title of "foreign" in it giving permission for "domestic" data collection that is only arguably legal because of ambiguous language in the "un" Patriot act that by the way is secret in how the court interprets it, because it is a f'ing secret court designed to rule on foreign surveillance.

Let's give it all away people. Just don't complain when some j.a. gets in office and labels you as a "terrorist" because of some affiliation to an organization and you have zero recourse.

+1
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 2:22:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/25/2013 8:24:26 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 6/25/2013 12:14:15 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 6/24/2013 9:45:51 PM, FREEDO wrote:
http://wikileaks.org...

Meh, the attention wore, has been out of the spotlight for too long.

Great way to demonize a guy who is just after exposing the truth. I can't believe all the people who took the governments line hook, line, and sinker when this dude exposes:

- The US military killing two Rutgers Journalists and 9 iraqi's while publicly lying that they were hostile forces.
- The US and Yemen lying that bombing of terrorist in Yemen were from Yemen and not US drones.
- Countless other unscrupulous dealings and pressures by the US government in the international scene.
- The pope refused to cooperate in an Irish sex abuse case
- China was behind a cyber attack against Google.

It takes a hell of alot more courage to stare the US government in the eye and expose the truth than it does for a President to declare someone an enemy of the state.

How does the PC Brigade manage to convey such self-righteousness while simultaneously rambling about the stupidest things imaginable? Did you even read it? I swear to God I wouldn't have thought that type of rhetoric would sound convincing to a five-year old, but it seems I was wrong.

"The gubmint is oppressing us! Free speech! Make them tell you everything about their conspiracy! If I scream at the top of my lungs long enough, maybe I'll finally matter!"
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 4:57:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Julian Assange and the wikileaks team are heroes.

I don't know how you can be informed, competent and decent without recognizing that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 2:01:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/26/2013 4:57:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Julian Assange and the wikileaks team are heroes.

I don't know how you can be informed, competent and decent without recognizing that.

http://www.redicecreations.com...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:15:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 2:01:56 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 6/26/2013 4:57:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Julian Assange and the wikileaks team are heroes.

I don't know how you can be informed, competent and decent without recognizing that.

http://www.redicecreations.com...

Your point?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 6:47:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 11:15:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 6/27/2013 2:01:56 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 6/26/2013 4:57:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Julian Assange and the wikileaks team are heroes.

I don't know how you can be informed, competent and decent without recognizing that.

http://www.redicecreations.com...

Your point?

I believe that I'm pretty informed, competent, and decent, and yet I still think he's an attention whore and that the Wikileaks team is insane. So I hoped that FREEDO would gain something out of Popper's epistemology.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 6:49:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anyone who tries to do something good for the world is actually just looking for attention.
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 6:52:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thatcher was right about Nelson Mandela. He was in fact a terrorist. The world will be better off without him. He's just trying to stay relevant now with this dying bullsh*t.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 6:49:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/26/2013 4:57:01 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Julian Assange and the wikileaks team are heroes.

I don't know how you can be informed, competent and decent without recognizing that.

Heroes is going a bit far. Irene Sendler is a hero, Norman Borlaug is a hero, these guys just seems like decent people.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 6:51:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 6:49:34 PM, benevolent wrote:
Anyone who tries to do something good for the world is actually just looking for attention.

LOL
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 6:52:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't see what the problem is if someone wants attention given that recognition is one of the most fundamental motivations for human behavior. It seems like the people who like to accuse others of being attention-seekers are attempting to attract attention through the accusation.
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 7:06:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/29/2013 6:51:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/27/2013 6:49:34 PM, benevolent wrote:
Anyone who tries to do something good for the world is actually just looking for attention.

LOL

people trying to justify their own pathetic existences, eh?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 4:07:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/29/2013 6:52:54 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't see what the problem is if someone wants attention given that recognition is one of the most fundamental motivations for human behavior. It seems like the people who like to accuse others of being attention-seekers are attempting to attract attention through the accusation.

Calling out the government for corruption or deliberately targeting civilians? Whistle-blowing.

Having Anonymous hack a geopolitical think-tank and passing off some of their email exchanges as the "Global Intelligence Files" (which, incidentally, gave barely any real insight into world affairs and had a lot more to do with idle gossip from world leaders and diplomats), taking credit for worldwide changes and revolutions, claiming geopoliticians will be separate their science into pre-"Cablegate" and post-"Cablegate" eras, and portraying every half-hearted bill proposed in Congress against Wikileaks as a relentless and desperate conspiracy to silence him?

http://memecrunch.com...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 4:18:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
some people just want to fix things and what these dudes are doing is f*cking heroic. just because he sticks his head back up when he IS relevant again, you attack him for being an attention whore because there's that angle to be worked and you're insignificant but for working that angle. royal has you down to a tee, but not everyone. think of those that self-immolate. are these people attention whores? eric snowden gives up a 200k a year job, this dude was probably comfortable too... there was a push here for what he BELIEVES in and he pushed... and the article is f*cking awesome

why don't you go do something for the world rather than masturbating here every day
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 4:21:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Would anyone capable of articulating some form of constructive, coherent criticism care to comment?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 4:23:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
you understand me child, but go on about your childishness. smarter than the greatest of intellectuals, eh? smarter than lawyers?
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 4:25:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
funny i remember your words better than you do, too, isn't it? is it that i'm smarter than you? umm, yes, yes it is.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 6:45:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Typo; I meant: "claiming geopoliticians will separate their science into pre-"Cablegate" and post-"Cablegate" eras,"
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 7:00:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The question, however, is whether the fact that they want them to be relavant detracts from the work they have done. This specific post, for example, is merely him lauding Snowden. Not much attention whorery there ( which isn't bad in itself, as long as you have some credentials to back it up.)
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 6:03:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/30/2013 7:00:06 AM, Cermank wrote:
The question, however, is whether the fact that they want them to be relavant detracts from the work they have done. This specific post, for example, is merely him lauding Snowden. Not much attention whorery there ( which isn't bad in itself, as long as you have some credentials to back it up.)

No, it also included much self-laudation and it whined, once again, about "persecution."

Seriously, you should see the unbelievably conceited or self-victimizing things he's said in the past. His website, despite the inevitable media blowups, doesn't make the slightest difference in regards to international relations or whistle-blowing genuine war crimes, and both him and the governments know it. It's really incredibly sad.

I could find out most of the genuine geopolitical insight that he's managed to get his hands on simply by reading and educating myself about the subject. Oooohhh, Saudi Arabia pressured the US to invade Iran. Oooohhh, NATO pledged to protect the Baltic states in the event of a Russian invasion. Every serious analyst that I know has already discussed these scenarios in detail. He's not giving us anything real- just posting a few moderately classified documents, making big noises whenever he comes to something that might be construed as the US being a bully, and screaming about persecution and police states whenever the feds get annoyed enough to try and swat the fly.

Good god, he's even trying to hitch a ride off of Jeremy Scahill with that little cheesy "dirty wars" line thrown in for presumably dramatic effect. Even people on the left don't respect him. "Credentials?" You kidding me?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."