Jump to topic:

Paula Deen .... W I N N I N G ????

JustCheNo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 8:33:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
They say that any publicity is good publicity, and apparently that's the case with Paula Deen. As pathetic as her apology tour has been her recipe books are selling off the hook. They've shot up the Amazon charts to the top thirty list. The lines for her restaurants are around the block. And her recent TV interview netted the highest network ratings EVER. Even the Food Network is thinking twice about their hasty politically correct decision to fire their top revenue source.

So is she winning or losing? Was it right or wrong to call the black guy who stuck a gun to her head a ni@@er? Is America just sick and tired of the liberal left dictating what we can and cannot say and trying to crush everyone's Constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech?
"I will continue to enforce all the laws, including illegal immigration. Nothing changes." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio (American hero)
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 8:36:22 AM
At 6/28/2013 8:33:28 AM, JustCheNo wrote:
They say that any publicity is good publicity, and apparently that's the case with Paula Deen. As pathetic as her apology tour has been her recipe books are selling off the hook. They've shot up the Amazon charts to the top thirty list. The lines for her restaurants are around the block. And her recent TV interview netted the highest network ratings EVER. Even the Food Network is thinking twice about their hasty politically correct decision to fire their top revenue source.

So is she winning or losing? Was it right or wrong to call the black guy who stuck a gun to her head a ni@@er? Is America just sick and tired of the liberal left dictating what we can and cannot say and trying to crush everyone's Constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech?

Say what you want, but don't feel like you can restrict everyone elses' freedom by dictating their response to what you say. Freedom of speech goes all ways, not just granted to select few.
JustCheNo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 8:38:59 AM
Say what you want, but don't feel like you can restrict everyone elses' freedom by dictating their response to what you say. Freedom of speech goes all ways, not just granted to select few.

How exactly am I trying to restrict your freedom of speech? What a dope.
"I will continue to enforce all the laws, including illegal immigration. Nothing changes." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio (American hero)
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 9:03:48 AM
At 6/28/2013 8:38:59 AM, JustCheNo wrote:

How exactly am I trying to restrict your freedom of speech? What a dope.

"Is America just sick and tired of the liberal left dictating what we can and cannot say and trying to crush everyone's Constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech?"

You were the one who stated that the liberal left was crushing everyone's freedom of speech when they are merely expressing their own freedom of speech.

You are speaking from both sides of your mouth.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 9:25:03 AM

Her "I is what I is" speech was even more racist than her original comment, and anyone in the south knows that she was mocking when she said that. That's what happens when you cave to peer pressure and feign an apology for something that you're not really sorry for.

I disagree with her views but I think she should have just said, "So what. He put a gun to my head and your bitchin' because I called him a name, in the privacy of my own home??"

Politically correct people need to grow up. You can't have freedom of speech enshrined in the constitution, as well as have a right to not be offended by someone's speech.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 10:57:40 AM
At 6/28/2013 9:25:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Her "I is what I is" speech was even more racist than her original comment, and anyone in the south knows that she was mocking when she said that. That's what happens when you cave to peer pressure and feign an apology for something that you're not really sorry for.

I disagree with her views but I think she should have just said, "So what. He put a gun to my head and your bitchin' because I called him a name, in the privacy of my own home??"

Politically correct people need to grow up. You can't have freedom of speech enshrined in the constitution, as well as have a right to not be offended by someone's speech.

PS. I don't think the issue is calling a guy holding a gun to head a racial slur. I thought she admitted of using racial slurs in the work place after being sued for discrimination.

Regardless, ironically you are expressing your displeasure of "politically correct" people expressing their displeasure of what Paula Deen said. If that isn't the kettle calling pot black (no pun intended hehe) then I don't know what is.
JustCheNo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 1:49:15 PM
At 6/28/2013 9:25:03 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Her "I is what I is" speech was even more racist than her original comment

As opposed to Obama saying "If I had a son he'd look just like Trayvon", intentionally trying to make the Zimmerman case into a racial on and poisoning any potential jury on his trial.

If "I is what I is" makes Paula Deen a racist, then good for her. As far as I know it's not illegal to use the n-word and God knows black people use it 1000 times more than white people do.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 3:22:12 PM
I don't know how much of this is due to liberals controlling anything.

Corporations, like Target, are pulling her cooking line off the shelves due to pressure from consumers. (This works both ways, remember Chic-fil-A's "eat-in" and people patronaging Starbucks for allowing guns) If enough people b!tch and moan, corporations will likely reverse their stance on her.

As far as Food Network goes, I thought Paula Deen was being sued, which is bad for the network. These revelations of her past seem to give credence to the possibility of her losing this lawsuit, which may impact the network (sort of like how the company (CEO/shareholders/board) is responsible for the sexual harassment of one manager).
My work here is, finally, done.
JustCheNo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 5:51:50 PM
At 6/28/2013 3:22:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Corporations, like Target, are pulling her cooking line off the shelves due to pressure from consumers. (This works both ways, remember Chic-fil-A's "eat-in" and people patronaging Starbucks for allowing guns) If enough people b!tch and moan, corporations will likely reverse their stance on her.

All of the examples you've given happened because of LIBERAL protests and LIBERAL boycotts. The nanny crowd will not stop until they've socially engineered the entire world to think the way they think, and the first step they seek is to abolish free speech.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2013 1:20:34 PM
At 6/28/2013 5:23:58 PM, sadolite wrote:
Fck everyone and everything they say. The whole entire population of the world is one big douche bag cesspool of crying whining little fuken cry babies Whaa he called me a name. Get a firkin spine and a life. No one cares about you or your hurt little feelings. Nigger spic wop dumb mic ............................... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think you mean "mick".

You heartless racist.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 9:43:45 AM

I don't know her empire seems to be disengaging.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 7:48:00 AM
At 6/28/2013 5:51:50 PM, JustCheNo wrote:
At 6/28/2013 3:22:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

All of the examples you've given happened because of LIBERAL protests and LIBERAL boycotts. The nanny crowd will not stop until they've socially engineered the entire world to think the way they think, and the first step they seek is to abolish free speech.

I still don't understand how you think people and businesses expressing their right to freedom of speech (aka stating their displeasure of Paula Deen) is an affront to abolish freedom of speech?

If you could analyze the situation as people being swayed by brief words that were not fully explained in historical and societal context in the news, you might get something going on her defense. Until then you are just using political correctness hyperbole.