Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Zimmerman charged civil rights violation?

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 10:35:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The latest is that the Feds are looking at charging Zimmerman with a hate crime or civil rights violations. The reporting on this has been really poor.

Zimmerman has been accused of making a racial slur in his call to the police. What he said is indecipherable, so people have been free to make things up. The prosecutors in the trial wanted to prove hate, but evidence of him making the slur is so weak they didn't use it.

1. The FBI investigated Zimmerman for a pattern of race hatred. They interviewed about 36 people who knew Zimmerman, and none recalled him ever using a racial slur. By all accounts he was a pleasant unremarkable guy. The FBI officially reported that race was not an issue.

2. From ages 6-12 Zimmerman was in a household that had a mixture of black and Hispanic children.

3. Zimmerman went to his high school prom with a black girl as date.

4. At the time of Martin shooting, Zimmerman was tutoring two black children in his home. This was part of mentoring program. When the mentoring program was cancelled, Zimmerman continued on his own.

Some in the left-wing press has been describing Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic." By similar reasoning, we should refer to President Obama as a white black president.

Clearly Zimmerman was no racist, and the DOJ has no chance of proving a hate crime. They know it are posturing to please the Administration's leftist base.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 10:38:08 AM
It's BS, honestly. It's pretty clear they're only investigating because everyone wanted to see Zimmerman metaphorically swing, and now that that didn't happen, the federal government needs to do something to make boost its image with the masses.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 10:39:22 AM
At 7/16/2013 10:38:08 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
It's BS, honestly. It's pretty clear they're only investigating because everyone wanted to see Zimmerman metaphorically swing, and now that that didn't happen, the federal government needs to do something to make boost its image with the masses.

this
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 12:42:31 PM
posturing: present participle of posture (Verb)

1. Behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others.
2. Adopt (an attitude) to impress or mislead.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 4:26:54 PM
At 7/16/2013 10:38:08 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

^this
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 11:27:28 PM
Ray, don't forget that Zimmerman's protested two police that beat up a homeless black man, Sherman Ware.

Here's a funny but sad part... He asked the NAACP for help with the poor homeless black man, but they said no.

http://www.inquisitr.com...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 2:07:07 AM
At 7/16/2013 10:35:44 AM, RoyLatham wrote:

They know it are posturing to please the Administration's leftist base.

^

I can see Zimmerman being charged with wrongful death, but not civil rights.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 5:20:31 PM
At 7/17/2013 2:07:07 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 7/16/2013 10:35:44 AM, RoyLatham wrote:

They know it are posturing to please the Administration's leftist base.

^

I can see Zimmerman being charged with wrongful death, but not civil rights.

I don't know how the civil case will work though, because they will likely find that Martin contributed to the circumstances that led to his death.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.