Jump to topic:

Royal baby born

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 4:13:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Royal Family have placed yet another burden on the public purse: the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's son will cost the long-suffering British taxpayer a fortune: not just during his over-privileged childhood but as a parasitic, over-indulged adult as well.

Still no news on whether or not the baby is mentally handicapped (there is a long history of insanity and profound learning difficulties in the Royal Family).
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
TemperedEmpire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 4:43:27 AM
Well hooray, another burden on the people; continuing the line of unelected, pointless "officials" that provide nothing to the people of the commonwealth (in my opinion).

What I really can't believe right now is the amount of coverage it's getting; here in Australia, it is obvious why it's getting so much, but I heard over in America, it is getting the same, if not more media attention than in most of the Commonwealth.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 5:04:04 AM
What will they call him? If they can"t think of a name, here are some suggestions:

George
Justin
Elton
Brad
Mohammed
Popeye
Xiao Lin
Ferrari
Running Horse
Adolf
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 2:00:55 PM
At 7/23/2013 4:43:27 AM, TemperedEmpire wrote:
Well hooray, another burden on the people; continuing the line of unelected, pointless "officials" that provide nothing to the people of the commonwealth (in my opinion).

What I really can't believe right now is the amount of coverage it's getting; here in Australia, it is obvious why it's getting so much, but I heard over in America, it is getting the same, if not more media attention than in most of the Commonwealth.

You do realize that the Royal Family actually earns the government more money than it takes, right?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 2:07:24 PM
At 7/23/2013 2:00:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

You do realize that the Royal Family actually earns the government more money than it takes, right?

I'd imagine the substance of the complaint here isn't that people feel less rich because the royal family is eating up tax revenue, but that the tradition is so obscenely vain that one can't help but snarl at its consumption of public funds - even if it is more than compensated.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 2:13:45 PM
At 7/23/2013 2:07:24 PM, 000ike wrote:

I'd imagine the substance of the complaint here isn't that people feel less rich because the royal family is eating up tax revenue, but that the tradition is so obscenely vain that one can't help but snarl at its consumption of public funds - even if it is more than compensated.

Oh, well I guess I just misinterpreted the "provide nothing" line, then.

Either way, I'm an anti-monarchist on principle.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 7:52:40 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:09:17 AM

100% of their land was stolen through force. This is just a family of thieves, murderers, and rapists who have brought a new thief into this world. Everything is served to them on a golden platter, including a long, healthy, and fulfilled life.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:10:00 AM
Oh, and lol, an astrologist was commissioned to tell the royal family that their little thief will be a great humanitarian someday. LOOOOL, what a sham.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:26:13 AM
Honestly Royal, it's a newborn baby, and you are already insulting him? Do you have any couth at all? Like, I couldn't give a sh!t about a "royal" baby being born, but to blame the sins of the past on a freakin baby, is just, its lunacy.

Thats like blaming me, because I'm white, for slavery, It doesnt make any sense...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:28:55 AM
At 7/24/2013 7:26:13 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Honestly Royal, it's a newborn baby, and you are already insulting him? Do you have any couth at all? Like, I couldn't give a sh!t about a "royal" baby being born, but to blame the sins of the past on a freakin baby, is just, its lunacy.

Thats like blaming me, because I'm white, for slavery, It doesnt make any sense...

I'm pretty sure her frustration is directed at the entire royal institution and it's irritating profligate habits not just a random baby.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:48:14 AM
At 7/24/2013 7:28:55 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/24/2013 7:26:13 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

I'm pretty sure her frustration is directed at the entire royal institution and it's irritating profligate habits not just a random baby.

I got that, but why involve a new newborn baby in it at all?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:13:11 AM
At 7/23/2013 9:29:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 7/23/2013 5:08:34 AM, FREEDO wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net...

That is BRILLIANT!

Yup. Funniest thing ever.
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 7:03:08 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:37:21 AM, Mirza wrote:
He's a little cookie! Check him out: http://media.theweek.com... Who doesn't want to squeeze his little cheeks!

I was cuter
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:38:06 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:09:17 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

100% of their land was stolen through force. This is just a family of thieves, murderers, and rapists who have brought a new thief into this world. Everything is served to them on a golden platter, including a long, healthy, and fulfilled life.

Let it allllll out, and go back to your brief, psychotic, and miserable existence.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:41:43 PM
At 7/25/2013 8:38:06 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Let it allllll out, and go back to your brief, psychotic, and miserable existence.

between this stuff and your use of "kiddo", you're becoming more and more like YYW everyday. That explains why I get that encroaching irritated feeling when I read what you write.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:46:45 PM
At 7/25/2013 8:41:43 PM, 000ike wrote:

between this stuff and your use of "kiddo", you're becoming more and more like YYW everyday. That explains why I get that encroaching irritated feeling when I read what you write.

Do you observe what I was responding to?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:49:21 PM
At 7/25/2013 8:46:45 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 7/25/2013 8:41:43 PM, 000ike wrote:

Do you observe what I was responding to?

Yeah, royal can be very outlandish, but stuff like that isn't what really strikes me the wrong way. It's stuff like your response. :/