Jump to topic:

Iowa can't name manufacturer of tainted salad

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 9:00:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Iowa said they have identified the salad mix that caused a serious outbreak of a bacteria that made people sick for weeks due to confidentiality laws. The outbreak was month ago and they reason the tainted lettuce is off the shelf because it is past its expiration date that it is no longer a public health concern and by law they can not release the manufacturer.

Sad state of affairs when government is more concerned with the protection of its corporations than its citizens.

How can someone who got sick hold the company to account for its poor practices that allowed it to happen if the gov won't release the findings of their investigation? Ridiculous.

http://abcnews.go.com...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:16:30 AM
Yeah, that's pretty disgusting that the company is protected from exposure. I would guess that it's best not to pay for prepackaged salads for now. I wouldn't even eat them at restaurants. Alternatively, you could substitute lettuce with something like spinach, which is better anyways.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:26:43 AM
So I'm confused. Was the lettuce past its expiration date because it was given to the stores past its expiration date, or because the stores kept it past the expiration date? Depending on that, the blame is totally shiftable.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 4:09:32 AM
At 8/2/2013 9:26:43 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
So I'm confused. Was the lettuce past its expiration date because it was given to the stores past its expiration date, or because the stores kept it past the expiration date? Depending on that, the blame is totally shiftable.

Judging from the OP, the contaminated lettuce is no longer a health issue because the tainted batch of lettuce is past the expiration date, therefore it is off the shelves.

Logically, it would be assumed that the pre-expiration date of these bags of lettuce were sold and is what made the people sick.
My work here is, finally, done.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 7:39:43 AM
At 8/3/2013 4:09:32 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/2/2013 9:26:43 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Judging from the OP, the contaminated lettuce is no longer a health issue because the tainted batch of lettuce is past the expiration date, therefore it is off the shelves.

Logically, it would be assumed that the pre-expiration date of these bags of lettuce were sold and is what made the people sick.

Ah. I misread the OP to say that the lettuce was a health issue because it was past it's expiration date.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder