Jump to topic:

White Supremacists Take Over N.D. Town

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 10:10:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm not against like-minded people establishing their own village, town, etc., but I don't like the fact that he's taking over a town where people don't share his views.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:25:42 AM
I think the best thing to do would be to befriend them - just to keep an eye on what they are doing and report anything relevant to the media or authorities.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:03:03 PM
It's an interesting situation. I imagine if he imports a bunch of neo-nazis, normal people will get imported to counter their votes; thus the town might thrive because of that psycho.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 3:58:14 PM
At 8/31/2013 1:03:03 PM, Ragnar wrote:
It's an interesting situation. I imagine if he imports a bunch of neo-nazis, normal people will get imported to counter their votes; thus the town might thrive because of that psycho.

I was thinking the same thing.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 1:11:55 PM
Every small town has at least one nutcase with crazy ideas and grandiose schemes. It's best to let them alone unless they start causing real problems for the public. A man with $8600 and strange beliefs is not likely to get much traction. State and Federal laws still apply, so real trouble would have to be handled at those levels.

At one time libertarians were hoping to take over New Hampshire. I don't know if that continues.

In California, gay activists at one time wanted to take over Alpine County, a remote large chunk of geography with only about 1200 residents.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 9:43:56 PM
At 9/3/2013 1:11:55 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Every small town has at least one nutcase with crazy ideas and grandiose schemes. It's best to let them alone unless they start causing real problems for the public. A man with $8600 and strange beliefs is not likely to get much traction. State and Federal laws still apply, so real trouble would have to be handled at those levels.

At one time libertarians were hoping to take over New Hampshire. I don't know if that continues.

In California, gay activists at one time wanted to take over Alpine County, a remote large chunk of geography with only about 1200 residents.

Agreed.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 9:53:12 PM
At 8/30/2013 2:55:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Interesting read: http://www.nytimes.com...

What would you do if this happened in your own neighborhood?

Well, that would never happen in my neighborhood... but if it did, I would use whatever political clout I had, legal maneuvers I knew to make their lives as miserable as possible within the parameters of the law. If that didn't work, I'd strike a bargain with the Black Panthers, the Crips, or whoever would be willing to do what was necessary to address the situation.
Tsar of DDO