cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:53:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
three words:
Burn...it...all
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 1:52:51 PM
"the brown pigments are a developing retina"

Ops, I guessed something else on that picture.

I hope they can put this in a supplement. It seems I am loosing my ability to remain attentive while someone is speaking. Maybe I can grow some more brain matter.

cool stuff although it is just one other organ on the list of organs being grown in a dish.

We are now converging upon one of the greatest ethical dilemma of human kinds existence. It is going to span across all disciplines and areas of life.

Imagine the debate of the economic costs of increasing one's IQ or other brain function (attention, memory, emotion, etc) and should it be made available to the poor? How about this:

1. Should the fetus be developed outside the womb to eliminate the burden on women?
2. What should be fixed in a developing fetus and what should not be? (assuming they can be) Disease? Sexual Orientation? Skin color?, etc.
3. Genetically altering soldiers for better war performance? (maybe even altering back when done with duty to eliminate PTS and other issues)

It goes on and on and on.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 10:34:33 AM
Science news are often exagerated with flashy titles. This is no different, nothing exactly ground-breaking.
Hopefully, they learn more about the growth of the brain and neurology. It'd be amazing if we can learn more about diseases like autism.